Question Regarding switching the policyman file on the 9pro for 5G connectivity

Search This thread

moe990

Apr 11, 2021
Good Evening/Morning,

so when I bought my OP9P from OnePlus to insure that I had a global version that supports all 5G bands.

I was hoping that I will not be hassled with messing around with the policyman file and adjust the carrier_policy file to actually get the phone to pick up my local carrier 5G signal which wasn't the case.

I followed a guide for the 8 Plus Pro which ended up being a success. I managed to get the oneplus to pick up 5G signal. However this will only happen if you adjust the phone information file :

by dialing the code *#*#4636#*#* then Phone Information -> Set preferred network type. after that I did manage to choose NR band and my phone was able to pick up 5G finally.

My question here is as follows : it seems that the preffered network type doesn't last if you reboot the phone it will go away and you will have to change to 5G again same applies when you attempt to re-register your network provider. it seems that this is not hard coded .

is there a way to actually make it work no matter what without having to do the code thing ever again ?

Reactions: Swamphound

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Evening/Morning,

so when I bought my OP9P from OnePlus to insure that I had a global version that supports all 5G bands.

I was hoping that I will not be hassled with messing around with the policyman file and adjust the carrier_policy file to actually get the phone to pick up my local carrier 5G signal which wasn't the case.

I followed a guide for the 8 Plus Pro which ended up being a success. I managed to get the oneplus to pick up 5G signal. However this will only happen if you adjust the phone information file :

by dialing the code *#*#4636#*#* then Phone Information -> Set preferred network type. after that I did manage to choose NR band and my phone was able to pick up 5G finally.

My question here is as follows : it seems that the preffered network type doesn't last if you reboot the phone it will go away and you will have to change to 5G again same applies when you attempt to re-register your network provider. it seems that this is not hard coded .

is there a way to actually make it work no matter what without having to do the code thing ever again ?