Region unlocked

Search This thread

Bunnydollies

Dec 9, 2014
hi, i think i should tell this to people who wish to use your phone in other region. PLEASE READ STICKER ON THE BOX. My mom live in germany so my phone was bought from germany,full paid.when I got it I put my Argentina simcard in and it's locked.we contacted T-Mobile and Samsung and I got this info.

to unlock region :
at your first time put your region simcard in the phone ( your simcard must be in the region as the phone) , do the setting. When you are done , Make a call for 5 minute to prove your region and done.(Now your phone is free to go.)

update unlocked proved (Dec 12)
I did factory reset. Put region simcard (germany) in to my phone (germany).mom made a call with her germany simcard to her friend in germany for 10 mins,after that I tried my Argentina simcard and it's unlocked !!! Now my note 4 is region unlocked :D at first I wasn't sure if it will unlock but we tried and it's worked.

Attachments

• 141443d1413522676t-region-lock-img_20141017_103728.jpg
    141443d1413522676t-region-lock-img_20141017_103728.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 2,481
Last edited:

TraNe15

Jul 2, 2012
hi, i think i should tell this to people who wish to use your phone in other region. PLEASE READ STICKER ON THE BOX. My mom live in germany so my phone was bought from germany,full paid.when I got it I put my Argentina simcard in and it's locked.we contacted T-Mobile and Samsung and I got this info.

to unlock region :
at your first time put your region simcard in the phone ( your simcard must be in the region as the phone) , do the setting. When you are done , Make a call for 5 minute to prove your region and done.(Now your phone is free to go.)

I did factory reset. Put region simcard (germany) in to my phone (germany).mom made a call with her germany simcard to her friend in germany for 10 mins,after that I tried my Argentina simcard and it's unlocked !!! Now my note 4 is region unlocked :D at first I wasn't sure if it will unlock but we tried and it's worked.

Is there anything written on the box that it is locked or unlocked? I'll buy a phone from germany, and i live in another country. I'm not if the phone is lovked or unlocked. How can i understand?

Bunnydollies

Dec 9, 2014
Is there anything written on the box that it is locked or unlocked? I'll buy a phone from germany, and i live in another country. I'm not if the phone is lovked or unlocked. How can i understand?

It all region locked. You can check your phone by put simcard from your country. You will see that it ask for Pin , your simcard can't be use ,it's mean your phone is locked . if you live in other region and already have a phone with you. Please try my methods by buy prepaid simcard of germany or use EU simcard if you have one and make a call to germany number or your friends in EU for 5 mins or more,after that it should unlocked.
I know it has a lot of unlocked website that you can try but i also saw many people got some funcions problem after unlocked . I think what I did is safest way to do or try.

Reactions: TraNe15

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
You need to make a minimum of a five minute phone call on a local sim prior to it going abroad, sorry to say that it's common knowledge but... it's common knowledge. There's a massive sticker on the side of the box.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Stupid idea.. So what happens if you buy the phone duty free at an airport? Does iPhone do this or HTC etc

No just Samsung. It's quite simple, you get the phone you make a local phone call for five minutes, you rebox the phone, I think it's to stop people reselling them overseas.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

If anyone could help to buy the region unlock code for N910F :/

910f, UK phone, send it to someone in the UK, get them to make a phone call for five minutes, send it back to you. Done.

nidhish91

Feb 12, 2011
Google Pixel 5
No just Samsung. It's quite simple, you get the phone you make a local phone call for five minutes, you rebox the phone, I think it's to stop people reselling them overseas.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

910f, UK phone, send it to someone in the UK, get them to make a phone call for five minutes, send it back to you. Done.

That is impossible coz I am in India. But I am Going to US and will be having a 2 hour lay off at UK so I might get a sim and use it. Will that work?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
If it was originally from the UK yes it will, I'm not sure if it's the UK or the entire European region. I'll find out, more to the point what does the box say? AFAIK you buy the phone then you make a five min phone call then it'll be unlocked, has to be on a local network

zurkx

Aug 9, 2014
you can also unlock it by visiting a samsung service center in your country. luckily the good models of note 4 like 910U dont come with that stupid sticker.

Wilherly

Apr 13, 2014
Thank you for posting this as i'm currently in a similar situation and i've been searching the web for unlocking experiences of people from Argentina or at least South America. I live in Argentina too but i'm currently in France visiting my bf i am thinking in buying a Note 4 or S5 here, so according to what you said i could buy just whichever version here in France (carrier free ofc) and to get it unlocked i need to make a 5 or 10 min call with my bf's sim (from France) right?. I so worry about getting it locked by mistake and then having my head ripped off by Samsung when paying for the unlocking in Buenos Aires xD

Bunnydollies

Dec 9, 2014
Thank you for posting this as i'm currently in a similar situation and i've been searching the web for unlocking experiences of people from Argentina or at least South America. I live in Argentina too but i'm currently in France visiting my bf i am thinking in buying a Note 4 or S5 here, so according to what you said i could buy just whichever version here in France (carrier free ofc) and to get it unlocked i need to make a 5 or 10 min call with my bf's sim (from France) right?. I so worry about getting it locked by mistake and then having my head ripped off by Samsung when paying for the unlocking in Buenos Aires xD

You can buy the phone with free carrier and use your bf simcard to make a call to unlock region. Good luck ☺ have a nice holiday

alirezaircn

Jul 16, 2008
Shenzhen
I have 910c and just unlocked it by calling a local number for five minutes. What keeps me worried is if I flash a new firmware or update to lollipop it will be locked again?
Any idea?

HelloWorld!

Sep 22, 2018
I guess you already know this, but for those arriving here via Google: no, the phone won't get locked again after a firmware update. I bought a Note 4 SM-N910F in UK and region unlocked it there with a local SIM. Later moved to other countries and received plenty of OTA firmware updates, and always could use any SIM cards from any country. Even a firmware rewrite with Odin didn't cause any issues.

I have 910c and just unlocked it by calling a local number for five minutes. What keeps me worried is if I flash a new firmware or update to lollipop it will be locked again?
Any idea?

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Does anyone know where in the phone is located the region lock information (e.g., what partition)? And/or how to back it up & restore it if necessary?

Also: to unlock my SM-N910F from UK in another region, can I ask a friend to send me an activated UK SIM and make an international call to UK?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

to unlock region :

It all region locked. You can check your phone by put simcard from your country. You will see that it ask for Pin , your simcard can't be use ,it's mean your phone is locked . if you live in other region and already have a phone with you. Please try my methods by buy prepaid simcard of germany or use EU simcard if you have one and make a call to germany number or your friends in EU for 5 mins or more,after that it should unlocked.
    I know it has a lot of unlocked website that you can try but i also saw many people got some funcions problem after unlocked . I think what I did is safest way to do or try.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone