Question Regular, repeatable shutdowns

Search This thread

GranoTurc00

• Apr 16, 2021
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    Someone please give me hope.

I've got this phone yesterday and it keeps turning itself off when locked. If my phone doesn't receive a "wake up signal" like a notificationn or isn't in charge it will turn off in around 5 minutes (measured with a clock). This is not a sudden shutdown or crash ,you can see the logo on the screen.
    Neither safe boot nor factory reset solved the problem.

Returning it and buying it again at the same price is impossible now so i'm hoping for a fix before the return window ends.
    Can Xiaomi fix my (and probably others) phone in less than a month or is better to throw the towel now and go for a full refund?

• Sad
    Reactions: airwolf1544

GranoTurc00

• Apr 16, 2021
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    Yeah, even with AOD permanently on after around 5min the phone shuts off. I've also tried running the clock app in chrono mode in the background with no results.

Rightnow i'm trying to reinstall miui 12.0.2 cause i don't understand if this is an hardware problem or a software one.

Also we don't know how widespread this problem is, a lot of people are happy with their F£ but it's impossible not to notice a problem this serious

xxxrekt

Apr 18, 2021
    Xiaomi Poco F3

I've got this phone yesterday and it keeps turning itself off when locked. If my phone doesn't receive a "wake up signal" like a notificationn or isn't in charge it will turn off in around 5 minutes (measured with a clock). This is not a sudden shutdown or crash ,you can see the logo on the screen.

Returning it and buying it again at the same price is impossible now so i'm hoping for a fix before the return window ends.
    Can Xiaomi fix my (and probably others) phone in less than a month or is better to throw the towel now and go for a full refund?
    I have the same problem. Got it yesterday, went to sleep and in the morning the phone was rebooted/crashed.
    Had to put in Sim pin and Device pin again just like after a reboot.
    I hope this gets fixed soon.

Reactions: GranoTurc00

g.canzonetti

Oct 11, 2008
    Same problem here, I have the f3 for ten days with MIUI Global 12.0.4 (Italian Country), several reboots (four) almost always at night under charge, but once even during the day in front of my eyes, another time I have found the smartphone completely turned off, at this point I don't know whether to ask for a refund because I don't know if it's a SW or HW problem

There are several users who are reporting this problem

GranoTurc00

• Apr 16, 2021
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    UPDATE: i've updated the phone to 12.0.4 and the problem still remains. i will ship it back to Amazon in a few days. Also the problem got even worse ( before update): it's the second time i've found the phone with 0 charge after one of those shutdowns. The "when isn't in charge" part of the OP is also wrong, in the last days the phone switched of even while charging

Last edited:
    Reactions: g.canzonetti

GranoTurc00

• Apr 16, 2021
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    Pretty sure it´s just a software Problem. During my search for a solution i found out, the Poco x3 had the same problem.
    That can't be, if it was a software problem all of us on MIUI will have the same experience. I think mine is a hardware problem cause is worse than anyone here. Also a lot of people do not have any problems so maybe is a QC issue on some component like the power management chip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have the same problem. Got it yesterday, went to sleep and in the morning the phone was rebooted/crashed.
      UPDATE: i've updated the phone to 12.0.4 and the problem still remains. i will ship it back to Amazon in a few days. Also the problem got even worse ( before update): it's the second time i've found the phone with 0 charge after one of those shutdowns. The "when isn't in charge" part of the OP is also wrong, in the last days the phone switched of even while charging
      Had a reboot this night on 12.0.4
      Same problem for me. I wonder, does it also happen on xiaomi.eu rom? Hope its not a hardware fault.
      Pretty sure it´s just a software Problem. During my search for a solution i found out, the Poco x3 had the same problem.
      Acknowledge by Poco hopefully will be fixed in the next couple of updates:

Oh.. Had a few unexpected shutdowns Yesterday.. and one today.. but it's Not reproduceable.
      Have you tried to enable AOD? Maybe this is a workaround....

Had a reboot this night on 12.0.4
      Same problem for me. I wonder, does it also happen on xiaomi.eu rom? Hope its not a hardware fault.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone