Search This thread

mtkates

Jan 29, 2008
Yukon
UPDATE: Sept 7, 2008

========================================

See post #2 and #3 for Ultimate WM7 v2

Post #2 - QVGA(240x320), WQVGA(240x400), and Square Screens

Post #3 - VGA(480x640) and WVGA(480x800)

========================================

attachment.php

There are four versions available for download below. They include:

1) WM7 Standard Analog - Analog clock on the Now screen, single Contact page and no MRU page.

2) WM7 Standard Digital - Same as above except has a digital clock on the Now screen.

3) WM7 Professional Analog - Analog clock on the Now screen cycles with a Calendar page, 3 Contacts pages, and MRU page that cycles with the Launcher page.

4) WM7 Professional Digital - I think you get the idea.

For those that may be new to SPB Mobile Shell, please follow these instructions after installing SPB Mobile Shell:

1) Download and unzip the layout below of your choice.

2) Install the font file in the "Fonts" folder to your device in Windows\Fonts

3) Install all files in the "SPB Mobile Shell" to your device in Program Files\SPB Mobile Shell

4) Soft reset your device and enjoy your new phone!

Note: When using with MS v2.1.1 or higher, the status icon hot spots are slightly up and to the right of the icon. I have not found a fix for this yet with these icons.

This version is for QVGA(240x320) screens and is optimized for portrait mode but also supports landscape mode. See posts #2 and #3 for v2 with other screen resolutions.

Attachments

• WM7_Professional_Analog_ver_1.2.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 12,511
  • WM7_Professional_Digital_ver_1.2.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 12,795
  • WM7_Standard_Analog_ver_1.2.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,840
  • WM7_Standard_Digital_ver_1.2.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,514
Last edited:

mtkates

Jan 29, 2008
Yukon
Ultimate WM7 v2

Ultimate WM7 v2 for QVGA(240x320), WQVGA(240x400), 240x240 and 320x320 Square Screens.

The screenshot below shows darker than it looks on my screen. The backlighting really brings it out.

Screen resolutions other than QVGA I am not able to fully test because I only have a QVGA phone so please report any bugs and I will try to fix them.

I have worked really hard on this. I hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• sshot000.jpg
    sshot000.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 32,299
Last edited:

mtkates

Jan 29, 2008
Yukon
Ultimate WM7 VGA and WVGA

Ultimate WM7 v2 for VGA(480x640) and WVGA(480x800)

I have worked really hard on this. I hope you enjoy.

These skins are memory hogs due to the amount of graphics involved. I don't have a phone to try them out on so try them out and use them if you can. If they cause problems, look for future skins that won't be so memory hungry.

Download below:

Ultimate WM7 v2 for VGA
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=73W3PYQU

Ultimate WM7 v2 for WVGA
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GRCYW76Z

_______

Last edited:

spencerlim

Jul 9, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I'm using samsung sgh-i780 now.....
can you make the theme become 320x320 please....
or can u give me advise?
thank you for your reply....

shoorangiz

Apr 23, 2007
attachment.php

I have finally completed the first version of my Ultimate WM7 theme for SPB Mobile Shell.

This version is for QVGA 240x320 screens and is optimized for portrait mode but also supports landscape mode.

I owe many thanks to Heefy for providing me with the initial graphic design. Great work Heefy!

I would also like to thank greatbal and Luiggi whose previous layouts have provided me with a great template to learn how to create themes and to get this theme up and running.

Please feel free to do whatever you want with this theme and if you can improve on some of the graphics, such as the status and weather icons, please share your work.

I hope you enjoy using it as much as I have enjoyed making it.

More to come........

Hi
Thanks . very nice
what about VGA !!!!
I was standing for ur works on VGA stations .

dinoalbert

Nov 11, 2004
Manila
guys can you try not to quote everything including the screenshots? it eats a lot of huge space and pages of the thread

or at least edit the quoted message by deleting some parts of it, especially the screenshots.

willybilly

Feb 4, 2006
Reserved for future updates....continued.

mtkates, you beat the bullet and managed to have a complete theme!!!

I beleived you must be burning midnight oil to have it completed.

It looks so beautiful and neat in my Tytn II and I have a tsk with same background to complement it. Very professionally done and you did it single- handedly!!!

Well done and thank you and bravo to you for sharing.

xxliang

Jun 2, 2008
nice theme! Thanks!

Font size of operator name in Today is little bit bigger than in Launcher and Contacts. Could be adjusted?

Radimus

Dec 1, 2006
Tampa
first opinions of the theme...

The contacts pages are labeled backward, if you sweep right to left, like turning pages in a book, they come out as page 1, 3, 2, and back to 1

I understand the appearance of the "title bar", but if the header and title bar were a bit thinner, you could get the 4th row of icons back on the launcher and dialer.

The icon on the the launcher panel for PROGRAMS... I like the icon itself, but I think something similar to the start button graphic would be more appropriate

I love the blueness... Diamond was getting mundane, but it just seems that things are there just for the sake of being there.

Of course, I am a much better critic than artist. This looks awesome and with a few refinements, I'm sure this will be up with the greats both functionally and visually

pmorganii

Jan 15, 2007
Houston
mtkates...this is great! I am using in landscape and I really like how the nav bar is at the bottom!
Questions/Comments:
  • Any chance to spread the nav bar in landscape across the screen (pic below)?
  • I really liked how greatbal made the clock go to a calendar page instead of clock details in his layouts with MRU
  • Also agree with post before...would be nice to have a thinner nav bar on top (second pic). It also looks like the operator font is smaller in the second pic

these of course are just observations...take them or leave them, no matter what happens...this is the theme I am using right now...just great!

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 892
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 754

mtkates

Jan 29, 2008
Yukon
Thanks for the Feedback

Thank you all for the feedback and keep it coming.

I don't have answers or fixes yet for all comments but I am saving notes on all feedback and will be making changes, bug fixes, etc. as time and talent allows. Be assured I am listening.

I would also like feedback on performance on your phone. The complex graphics of this theme and my limited knowledge with skinning may have resulted in a memory hog skin. I had some lockup problems in early versions. I hope that's not the case. It works smooth on my phone, but not all phones are alike.

And look for the possibility of different colored versions, hopefully including black.

I am also hoping to do a VGA version in the future as time allows but may have a problem with the graphics.

I really need someone who cam help clean up some of the graphics and also double the size of all for a VGA version that is not so pixilated.

As far as square screen support, the is a huge modification and will probably require the talents of a skinner who has experience with square screen phones.

This is a lot of work, even for the smallest of changes, so please be patient. My goal is to really make it The Ultimate WM7 theme, but quality takes time.

Thanks again for your interest and feedback.

Last edited:

mtkates

Jan 29, 2008
Yukon
The contacts pages are labeled backward, if you sweep right to left, like turning pages in a book, they come out as page 1, 3, 2, and back to 1

Here is a quote from gagaza from another thread:

-Quote-

I find that the easiest way to change the text for labels is just to edit the SpbMobileShell.txt that is in your SPB folder.

Like this:

Contacts 1|Personal
Contacts 2|Friends
Contacts 3|Work
Launcher|Programs
MRU Programs|MRU
Claret|Maroon

It's just the original name followed by the name you want to change it to.
People please try it. You'll be surprised at how easy it is. No messing with .xmls.

You can actually just copy and paste all or parts of my example into that text file, then reset. You'll be happy with the results. Simple yet effective.

-End Quote-

You can use this to change Contacts 2 to Contacts 3 and vice versa.
This can also be used to change language.
Note: At this time, the taskbar text cannot be changed like this, I hope to fix that soon.

Thanks for the tip gagaza.

pizzzle118

Jul 31, 2007
great theme. i think the graphicss can be alittle sharper but its still a great theme.

thanks mtkates

sarudia

Mar 21, 2008
São Paulo
So beautifull...thank you very much. All together in the now screen...that's what I was hoping for. Thanks a lot.
Is it possible to have the icons in the launcher with name labels under them? Sounds silly, but would help me a lot.
Thanks again!!

mtkates

Jan 29, 2008
Yukon
excellent skin! Thank you so much!

any chance of a black version of this? :)

I have plans to try some different colors including black. Attached is a quick and dirty example of what it might look like. Of course I plan on putting more detail into an actual release, such as maintaining color in the launcher icons and adjusting the color of the calendar grid. This is just an example, not a final release.

Attachments

• Black.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 549

theme freak

Nov 10, 2007
VGA version will be really appreciated..graphics is not a problem as long as I can use WM7 skin :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do not know of a way to fix the icons from the previous version to work with the new version of Mobile Shell. That is why I changed them to the original Mobile Shell icons with the count below the icon. I spent many, many hours trying to figure out a way to make the old icons work properly but never solved the problem.

So you can't change the touch location to be over the version 1.2 icons or is that specified by MS? I think the 1.2 icons work fine in the 2.1.2 MS version just have to touch a little off to get to the email/text/calls. Your theme is the best though for sure. Thanks for all the hard work.