ReLaunch, the best NST launcher: version 1.4.0 just released

Search This thread

Aqq123

Aug 27, 2009
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
The development of ReLaunch has recently been progressing rapidly again thanks to Haron who took over as the lead developer, and numerous contributions from other people. As a result of all the recent work, version 1.4.0 has just been released as a significant update. The new version also includes a complete rewrite of the English localization, thanks to yours truly.

ReLaunch is a versatile launcher application for the Nook Simple Touch (Sony PRS-T1 is also supported). It provides a complete replacement of the Home screen functionality, and can be used with any number and combination of book-reading applications. ReLaunch allows extensive customization of the user interface, which gives you quick access to the features and third-party applications you use most.

For an overview of the features available, please refer to the screenshots below:

ReLaunch-1.4.0-Home.jpg ReLaunch-1.4.0-Composite.jpg

Downloads from Haron's Dropbox: Link source: Haron's post on The E-Book Forum (in Russian).

Please help improve the English translation by reporting errors and contributing fixes back in this thread. Please quote verbatim the currently displayed text, and specify the steps necessary to reproduce if ambiguous. The following template might come handy:
Code:
Current Text: ""
Replacement: ""
If you want to go one step further or foresee making a lot of changes to the translation, please download the English Translation Source Files above (the file res.zip) and edit the XML files there directly. This is also the recommended procedure for people interested in translating ReLaunch to other languages: the current version includes English, Russian as well as a possibly outdated Spanish translation.

Last edited:

kazikas

Jan 26, 2011
Very informative screenshot collection. Where can I find more info about these new hidden settings? Because some of them doesn't work

Aqq123

Aug 27, 2009
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Very informative screenshot collection. Where can I find more info about these new hidden settings? Because some of them doesn't work
There are no hidden settings, I assure you it's all there somewhere in the menu. Some menus have multiple pages, in which case you need to swipe up to move to the next one. Then, every item marked with a ▶ takes you to a subpage. What's seen in the screenshots is located at:

Settings → Advanced Settings → Home Folders and File Settings → File Type Associations

Settings → Advanced Settings → Interface Customization → (Swipe up 3 times for page 3) → Rearrange Panels and Customize Buttons

N

NOOK!E

There are no hidden settings, I assure you it's all there somewhere in the menu. Some menus have multiple pages, in which case you need to swipe up to move to the next one. Then, every item marked with a ▶ takes you to a subpage. What's seen in the screenshots is located at:

Settings → Advanced Settings → Home Folders and File Settings → File Type Associations

Settings → Advanced Settings → Interface Customization → (Swipe up 3 times for page 3) → Rearrange Panels and Customize Buttons

I believe he's talking about the new long-press ability of the "Setup Wifi" button, which takes the user to a list of "hidden" settings.

Valentin4ou93

Jan 23, 2015
Great screenshots, thanks for the threat ;) Working great here without any problems but I just kinda prefer the normal Android homescreen that gives me other launchers ;)

nivieru

Nov 15, 2013
Looks really good, but I have a problem with supposedly hidden files (filenames beginning with a dot) - I can't get them to actually hide.
Neither checking nor unchecking "show hidden files" in the settings menu hides them from view, and I also tried adding a filter for files beginning with a dot but it doesn't seem to work as well. I'm pretty sure these files were hidden in the previous version of relaunch I had.
Any idea on how to hide hidden files?

Thanks,
Niv

Aqq123

Aug 27, 2009
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Looks really good, but I have a problem with supposedly hidden files (filenames beginning with a dot) - I can't get them to actually hide. Neither checking nor unchecking "show hidden files" in the settings menu hides them from view, and I also tried adding a filter for files beginning with a dot but it doesn't seem to work as well. I'm pretty sure these files were hidden in the previous version of relaunch I had. Any idea on how to hide hidden files?
Edit: it appears there was indeed a bug that's now been fixed. If you're affected by this, please re-download version 1.4.0. The rest of this post is left as it might still have information useful in another situation.

I've just checked, and it works for me. However I need to manually tap Save Configuration Changes and Restart, which is the last item in the Advanced Settings menu. Note that the hidden files are just the ones that start with a dot, so on my SD card it's just the ".cr3" and ".relaunch" directories.

I find it better to actually hide all the files except the ones that have associations. There's an option to do just that in the latest development version, 1.4.0+ (I've updated the first post in the thread to include the link). It's in SettingsAdvanced SettingsHome Folders and File Settings, immediately below the File Type Associations.

For 1.4.0 and below, I've been successfully using the following regular expression filter:
Code:
.*\.(azw|cb7|cbr|cbz|chm|djv|djvu|doc|epub|fb2|fb2\.zip|htm|html|jpg|jpeg|mobi|oxps|pdf|pdf|png|prc|rtf|txt|xps)$
It's in: SettingsAdvanced SettingsFiltering and File OperationsFiltering Rules. Tap on Add Rule, and then for the Rule, choose Name Matches Regular Expression, and type or paste the above into the Value field below. This list of extensions are the ones I have set-up associations for, you might want to tailor it to your needs. Screenshot below:

Last edited:

Aqq123

Aug 27, 2009
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
I believe he's talking about the new long-press ability of the "Setup Wifi" button, which takes the user to a list of "hidden" settings.
Oh, if that's the case (is it, Kazikas?), then it's not really ReLaunch specific, these are just system settings. I found the following two useful enough to be included in my heavily-modified, barnless & denobled Settings.apk:
  • Development Settings: for switching off the Auto Mount, which I do occassionally (the setting resets itself at reboot)
  • Proxy Selector, which is useful for Adblock Plus. Although I don't really set it there but in my custom image during installation, I added it for completeness.
It might just be me but I've never had the need for any of the remaining ones.

Tharg0r

Aug 29, 2010
Great work thanks. Whats the battery life like compared to a stock Nook does anyone know or want to take a rough guess at?

N

NOOK!E

Great work thanks. Whats the battery life like compared to a stock Nook does anyone know or want to take a rough guess at?

This is all relative, because each app installed takes up more battery when running, but I'd estimate my Nook Touch Glow loses about ½ to 1 percent more battery per hour rooted than it did when it was unrooted.

geopapa

Aug 28, 2011
First of all thanks for all the good work for our device. I just installed v.1.4 and I face a problem: I can't launch settings by pressing the button. Also I can't go to settings via the statusbar because after I chose to run as system and not as app, relaunch is fullscreen and statusbar is missing. I tried to clear the relaunch data but the button is grey. Any ideas?
P.S Favorite app button doesn't work also with this version

geopapa

Aug 28, 2011
Another way to access the settings is to tap and hold anywhere on the file list. A menu will pop up where Settings are one of the options (near the end). Maybe you can reach the settings from there?

Thanks. this made it. The problem with the buttons still exists though. Do they work for you or is it just me?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app

tempazz

Aug 6, 2006
Vilnius
Hello
After update ReLaunch from 1.3.11 to 1.4.0 can't open epub with stock reader. How to solve this problem?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The development of ReLaunch has recently been progressing rapidly again thanks to Haron who took over as the lead developer, and numerous contributions from other people. As a result of all the recent work, version 1.4.0 has just been released as a significant update. The new version also includes a complete rewrite of the English localization, thanks to yours truly.

ReLaunch is a versatile launcher application for the Nook Simple Touch (Sony PRS-T1 is also supported). It provides a complete replacement of the Home screen functionality, and can be used with any number and combination of book-reading applications. ReLaunch allows extensive customization of the user interface, which gives you quick access to the features and third-party applications you use most.

For an overview of the features available, please refer to the screenshots below:

ReLaunch-1.4.0-Home.jpg ReLaunch-1.4.0-Composite.jpg

Downloads from Haron's Dropbox: Link source: Haron's post on The E-Book Forum (in Russian).

Please help improve the English translation by reporting errors and contributing fixes back in this thread. Please quote verbatim the currently displayed text, and specify the steps necessary to reproduce if ambiguous. The following template might come handy:
    Code:
    If you want to go one step further or foresee making a lot of changes to the translation, please download the English Translation Source Files above (the file res.zip) and edit the XML files there directly. This is also the recommended procedure for people interested in translating ReLaunch to other languages: the current version includes English, Russian as well as a possibly outdated Spanish translation.
    does anyone still have the latest apk or source files? all of the dropbox links are dead..
    Here is the linky to my saved copy of ReLaunch_1.4.3.apk
    Thanks. this made it. The problem with the buttons still exists though. Do they work for you or is it just me?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app

I had the same issue, "restore defaults" fixed it for me, it seems that the update broke the saved config for the button actions
    1.4.3 and 1.4.4

View attachment 3222044 View attachment 3222045

Code:
    If you want to go one step further or foresee making a lot of changes to the translation, please download the English Translation Source Files above (the file res.zip) and edit the XML files there directly. This is also the recommended procedure for people interested in translating ReLaunch to other languages: the current version includes English, Russian as well as a possibly outdated Spanish
    translation.

Use Google Translate to give ya a better idea of what's in:

1.4.3 Original post
    http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1255890#1255890

1.4.4 Original forum
    http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1278819#1278819

Thanks Haron, thanks OP
    I still use the original Relaunch app on my NST. What's involved in installing and uninstalling Relaunch 1.4.4?

To install, do I just run the new apk? From the new app, do I select Settings|StartMode|Run as Launcher? Is that all?

If I need to revert to the original Relaunch, do I just repeat the above process with my old apk? Is all this risk free?
    To update to a newer version, just click on its apk file.

To roll back to an older version, uninstall the current version, then install the new version.