[Release 11Jun08] WM6.1 (not so) Plain Jane - 5.2.19202 (Build 19202.1.0.0) FINAL

Search This thread

highmighty

Aug 7, 2007
www.ctrl-alt-mat.com
I might have used some since I installed this rom as I need pictures on phonebook and stuff, but here what I got:

Available Memory: 25.03
Total Memory: 48.68 MB

Trust me if you got this rom and only 1mb space, then you are installing programs on the phone instead of memory card. I got whole ton of programs on with a lot of midi, mp3 and video mp4 files on memory card (which is btw only 2Gb).

Hope this helps.

I managed to move googlemaps and skype to the external card and I now have 12MB left internally, which is not bad at all. Thank you for your time.

For some reason, IE temp files are sometimes stored internally, sometimes externally, depending if I rebooted or not I guess... anyone else seen that?

highmighty

rexian

Oct 22, 2006
Thanks Ricky for the ROM. I updated my 2+ yrs old 2125 and it WORKS ! It's a bit less responsive than before, but what else to expect from an old & weak 195MHz processor (it seems to be running at 180MHz for some reason). Thanks again.

pureroundcircle

Aug 17, 2008
Has there been any modifications to the GPRS settings with this rom, i've tried everything possible with the previous version of rickwyatt's ROM and had no luck getting my gprs working with AT&T. (tried the settings posted everywhere and 3 different auto-setup cab files). Is there any advantage to this rom over the (2a version posted here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=398957)?

JaLooNz

Feb 22, 2007
Anyone have a "Document and settings", "dochive" directories in their system root? I am wondering if these are remanents from the other ROMs.

And if these are, how do I start from scratch again? Do I simply format BINFS and install the ROM again? What about the GSM update, do I need to flash it again too?

Anyone have an answer?:confused:

smartamazing

Oct 31, 2006
Zamboanga
Storage Folder

Hi guys can I ask why there is no phone "storage folder' in this WM6.1 rom? can it be possibly created so that I would be aware how much phone storage I have left and so that I will not always go to "ABOUT' under setting to check?

orkan95

Oct 31, 2006
Date & Time lost

Folks,
great ROM. But my Tornado looses time & date after I take out the battery. Any idea?

Nov 1, 2006
Missouri
First off, this rom is great!
But I am having some issues with remapping the hardware keys. For instance on the Long_CAMERA button I have the link to toggle lowlight.exe on and off. So in other words, I hold the camera button down longer and the screen dims, hold it again and it brightens back up, but for some reason the camera utility still pops up even though it should only be set for the short key press. The same thing happens on Long_VolDown where I have it set to go to voice notes but after is does open voice notes it still opens Pictures and Videos for some reason. Any suggestions as to stopping these extra apps from running? I am not sure if there is somewhere else that is also mapping those keys besides the .lnk files in the Windows folder. Thanks

Nov 1, 2006
Missouri
jaloonz,
I have always had a Documents and Settings folder in my root with every ROM that I have flashed. Whether or not it is a remnant from the very first ROM or not, I dont really know, but my folder is empty so I wouldnt be too concerned about it.

Retoper

Apr 18, 2008
Too bad, but WinMobile 6.1 Standart is less quicker than WinMobile 6.1 Pro and even WinMobile 6.0 Standart IMHO =|

emarc77

Sep 2, 2007
Singapore
Nice Features of WM6.1

Hi i have flashed my Dopod 577w and SPV C600 with this ROM.

good comments are:

1. with the new look, the home screen is very nice and sleek
2. wifi ok (quite stable) for Dopod 577w
3. text message comes with new feature "conversation" to make ease for replying. i like it so much
4. battery i have no comment as i feel can last same as before.

the problem (maybe others might or might not face) is:
once i finish flashing with the this ROM,
the speaker sounds weird in the sense that the volume become low and rustling. i try to play WMP and change the ringtone.
To solve this i try to plug and unplug my earphone and this problem has been solved.
it also happens when i finish arranging the position of today home screen (clock, appointment, profile) to my Dopod and SPV.

anybody facing this?

Hi!
I detect bug in this rom. On my Qtek8310 in "Settings" don't work 7 and 8 menu-item (GPRS Autentication, CSD Line Type)

It is necessary to add following records in the registry:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{BBD42F74-4AC3-44c9-867B-8352F79D21B1}]
@="GPRS Authentication"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{BBD42F74-4AC3-44c9-867B-8352F79D21B1}\InprocServer32]
@="Authentication.dll"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction]
"CBSTName"=dword:00000000

Thanks. Worked for me!

I am having another related problem though. I am trying to configure MMS using the following config:

STEP 2 . This is the tricky one:
Go to Messaging
Select Text/Multimedia
Menu-New-MMS. Like if you were making a new message
Then Menu-0 Options-4 Message Options
Then Menu Again.and here you will find on 1-MMSC Settings
them Menu-New -Telcel MMS
And enter all the info.

The problem is that I don't have an Options-4 Message Options, I only have options 1-3

Can anyone please confirm that this is another missing registry entry or that it is just my phone. Thanks.

And of course, if anyone knows how to fix it, that would be great!!

orkan95

Oct 31, 2006
great rom. but some questions.
1. can't find my wlan. it's hidden. so how can i find a hidden wlan?
2. how can i find the flight mode? doesn't show up in the comm manager.
cheers

nav1

Apr 26, 2007
To connect to hidden wlan, go to the list of available networks and select "New...". There you should be connect to it.
To use flightmode, you just need to disable phone, wifi and bt. But you can add it in registry (i am not sure how).

orkan95

Oct 31, 2006
To connect to hidden wlan, go to the list of available networks and select "New...". There you should be connect to it.
unfortunately it does not connect. I can't select "this network is hidden". This option does not exist.

To use flightmode, you just need to disable phone, wifi and bt. But you can add it in registry (i am not sure how).
well, that's how I do it but it would be great to have ONE button that does it all at once. anybody and idea?

nav1

Apr 26, 2007
I am not sure about the wifi.
As far as the flight mode goes, to change the first button to flight mode, using some registry editor to go to
hklm\software\htc\commmanager\0\
and change the Default value to FlightMode.
This will make the first button flight mode (restard reqired).

Sefy

Jan 2, 2007
Netanya
sefy76.wordpress.com
I Just flashed my SDA and so far i've encountered just 2 things that bug me most:
1) Volume is seriously much lower then the previous WM 6.0 i had
2) Even though i've set my phone to have "Vibrate and Sound" it does not vibrate, this did work in WM 6.0 / WM 5.0

Can i just fix those two with some registry? :rolleyes:
Also, is there any way of changing the size of the clock font on the sliding panels ? or maybe even adding some more sliding categories ?