[RELEASE][24.08.2008] FireROM 0.3 / 20273 / UC / GSM - "I r not a chef!"[ONLINE]

Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
[RELEASE][24.08.2008] FireROM 0.3 / 20273 / UC / GSM - "I r not a chef!"[ONLINE]

Well folks, as it seems people were refraining from uploading the ROMs I'm waiting for (damn you l3v5y!), I decided to build one myself, primarily with the purpose to use UC :)

This ROM is failry stock-ish, with the following changes I felt were the bare necessities for my own device.

Changes from stock

- WM build 20273 (SYS & XIP)
- UC compatible
- Policy adjustments
- Many performance tweaks

Added/replaced packages

- NetCF 3.5 (from 2.0)
- Opera Mobile build 1938 (from 17xx)
- QuickMenu
- wkTask
- PHM RegEdit
- HTC GPSTool
- HTC NetworkPlugin
- InboxExtender ('mark all as read')
- Pocket RAR
- TCPMP

Removed packages

- EnlargeStartMenu

Left most crap in there ;)

First custom ROM, yay

This ROM has been tested on my Raphael, and I guess, at that, it's officially the first custom ROM for the Raphael that's out there and running!

Thanks

Of course, all the tool and kitchen builders, I'm not going to name 'em because I'll forget half the ones that did the most difficult and important work, I'm sure.

I would like to give credit to the followings guys though, who helped me get started:

- LennySh
- Colonel00
- verizonguy

Requirements

- Hard-SPL for Raphael
- CustomRUU for Raphael

NOT included

- Hard-SPL for Raphael
- CustomRUU for Raphael
- Radio
- Splash

Download

RapidShare - http://rapidshare.com/files/139826955/FireROM-0.3.rar.html

History

0.3 - Added tweaks, added/replaced more packages and removed a couple
0.2 - Added 20273 SYS and new Opera
0.1 - First release, 20273 XIP, UC compatible

Future

Unsure, I'm not aiming to become a real chef, but there were no custom ROMs yet and I did want some basic stuff changed on my own device. I feel I have now accomplished this...

NOTICE: FireROM 0.4 has been cancelled!

Just informing you all FireROM 0.4 release has been cancelled, because....

*drum roll*

I have been assimilated by the Raphael Elite Project!

firerom-small.png

Last edited:

matchtrader

Dec 1, 2005
From his signature, it would appear that Mr. Chainfire has a working version of OliNex's Hard-SPL 1.90. Hmmm.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Oi!

The hard drive I was cooking from broke (I think my brother dropped it... Never gonna let him near my computer again...) and now I carry on getting errors with the rgu files!

I'm going to re-dump the ROM and play around...

Also, have you just got the 20273 SYS, or the XIP as well?

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Not up to speed on post-hermes devices yet but is it wise to be including radios/SPLs with any cooked ROMs??

Opinions people i ain't questioning the chef at all.

I think the radio version is only in his signature.

He removed it from first post to avoid confusion (again I'm presuming)

So i downloaded the Rom to extract, but Unfortunately it was a corrupt download so no telling for sure now, just assumptions.

But I assume Chainfire wisely did not include Radio or SPL.

If anyone can confirm this, as Chainfire's off for a few days.

It would be useful information.

Sleepy Time here,

Cheerz

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
When I am back home (at gf now) I shall see about clarifying the opening post, as some confusing seems to exist (unfortunately, I was in somewhat of a hurry).

Maybe he can see into the future and saw a vision of HARDSPL very soon ;)

Perhaps I can... ;)

Oi!

The hard drive I was cooking from broke (I think my brother dropped it... Never gonna let him near my computer again...) and now I carry on getting errors with the rgu files!

I'm going to re-dump the ROM and play around...

Also, have you just got the 20273 SYS, or the XIP as well?

I have had similar and numerous issues with the original dumping as well, but they were eventually resolved, with some help from real chefs and trying multiple base ROMs. This rom contains both the SYS (since 0.2) and XIP (since 0.1) for 20273.

Not up to speed on post-hermes devices yet but is it wise to be including radios/SPLs with any cooked ROMs??

Opinions people i aint questioning the chef at all.

Well, this ROM contains neither radio nor SPL, and I think it would be unwise to do so, unless there is a good reason to. For example, several of the early 6.1 Kaiser ROMs did contain radio and SPL (IIRC) as they were both needed for the ROMs to function properly - with 6.0 radio's and SPL causing issues which could be hard to solve if flashed improperly or in the wrong order.

I think the radio version is only in his signature.

He removed it from first post to avoid confusion (again I'm presuming)

So i downloaded the Rom to extract, but Unfortunately it was a corrupt download so no telling for sure now, just assumptions.

But I assume Chainfire wisely did not include Radio or SPL.

If anyone can confirm this, as Chainfire's off for a few days.

It would be useful information.

Sleepy Time here,

Cheerz

I think the only reason my signature is not in the first post is because I edited the post. I'm afraid I can't say from the top of my head if that is correct behaviour for this forum, but I know this happens on several forums using the same forum software.

I hope the corruption was due to your download, not due to my upload - that would be most unfortunate as I can neither check the download here (slow internets here) nor re-upload (dont have the files with me, obviously). I will check it out when I return home sometime tomorrow or Monday.

Again, this ROM does not include radio nor SPL.

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
I'll download it again now that i'm awake. (i was downloading quite heavily at that moment so most probably it was just a corrupted download)

Will report back in thirty.

Did you check the chekbox in advanced editing mode? You can try to disable/save/enable/ to test.

Last edited:

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Now, Mr Chainfire, because of your earlier comments, I have a ROM uploading. It's Build 19965 as I haven't downloaded the 20273 ROM yet, and it may not boot (as I can't test it).

I think I shall call it "I r teh chef!". As with this ROM, it's unsigned... :)

Now, stop being mean! *sob*

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Now, Mr Chainfire, because of your earlier comments, I have a ROM uploading. It's Build 19965 as I haven't downloaded the 20273 ROM yet, and it may not boot (as I can't test it).

I think I shall call it "I r teh chef!". As with this ROM, it's unsigned... :)

Now, stop being mean! *sob*

Now now, who has been mean?

As I seem to recall, after your ROM announcement thread, I offered you to test your ROMs if only you'd upload one, and you refused to!

Now it seems we are forced to do battle!

SwedishChefSmall.jpg

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Does anyone know if it is possible to get this rom on the HTC diamond (CDMA)?
This is a Raphael, and is GSM. I'd go with "no". Do not flash ROMs not intended for your device, as you will end up with a brick. BTW, do you have a CDMA Diamond? And if so, which network is it for?