• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Release][APP][0.9.3 - 2019.07.12] GAssist.net - Google Assistant for Galaxy Watch

Search This thread

Fafner76

Aug 1, 2009
Still haven't figured out how to get german language working :(
Anyone here got anything other than english working ?

Italian is working fine here, and I didn't anything special to enable it, it just worked immediately. :confused:
Could be that my Assistant was already properly configured before installing the app. I don't have anything else than "Italian (Switzerland)" set as language in my Assistant.

Last edited:

meo

Jun 29, 2006
Freiburg, Germany
change of language

some pages before - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79917950&postcount=957
! this was a copy of orginal test !
Go to console.cloud.google.com

On the top right, click the 3 dots besides your profile picture (if there is any, otherwise it will show you just an grey icon)

Select preferences - Language and region

Set the correct language.

Be aware that it can take a few minutes untill the watch actually listens and anwers in the chosen language.

GudduAmbi052829

Nov 26, 2015
Sonipat

alejim

Sep 1, 2013
Hi. I am using this application and I am very satisfied with the development work carried out. But I have a problem, for home automation it works on all the devices I have, except to open a motorized blind through the IHC application (Intelligent Home Center) which is a transmitter via infrared and radiofrequency. Although the galaxy watch is detected in the Home Google options, it is not capable of assigning a room and the opening and closing of the blinds to work. The assistant always asks for the clock to be linked, but is not able. Can there be any solution?
Sorry for my English.
Thank you

ViTBEK

Jul 6, 2019
Hi. I am using this application and I am very satisfied with the development work carried out. But I have a problem, for home automation it works on all the devices I have, except to open a motorized blind through the IHC application (Intelligent Home Center) which is a transmitter via infrared and radiofrequency. Although the galaxy watch is detected in the Home Google options, it is not capable of assigning a room and the opening and closing of the blinds to work. The assistant always asks for the clock to be linked, but is not able. Can there be any solution?
Sorry for my English.
Thank you

Config the blinds as a lamp in IHC, and then "teach" the buttons. Power button = open blinds, Poweroff=close blinds and name this lamp in the name that you ask for action from google home.
You will see this "lamp" as a new device in google home app.

yuva29

Apr 9, 2009
LG Wing
Use a file manager on your phone or something. Make a folder. Name it anything you want. Upload the your secrets to the folder you made.
Then open GAssist and browse to your folder to locate secrets.

Thanks for the suggestion..
I created folder "credentials" using file manager but still when I browse to this location I get error as file not loaded with pop-up msg "security exception, permission problem?".....did anybody get this error..plz let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Dixon Butz

Mar 25, 2011
I created folder "credentials" using file manager but still when I browse to this location I get error as file not loaded with pop-up msg "security exception, permission problem?".....did anybody get this error..plz let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

DId you upload your secrets.json file to that folder?

Cybernetic87

Dec 26, 2010

Thanks,

Actually, this is an exception message which I introduced in the latest version, I couldn't really figure out what is the problem so I just swallowed the exception and created this error message. I would need more details to be able to fix it.

Phone model, rom version, is it modded ?

Angel_de

Dec 21, 2010
some pages before - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79917950&postcount=957
! this was a copy of orginal test !
Go to console.cloud.google.com

On the top right, click the 3 dots besides your profile picture (if there is any, otherwise it will show you just an grey icon)

Select preferences - Language and region

Set the correct language.

Be aware that it can take a few minutes untill the watch actually listens and anwers in the chosen language.

I already made sure the correct language has been set, but it still tries to recognize german as english. The assistant on my smartphone works with the german language. :(

yuva29

Apr 9, 2009
LG Wing
Actually, this is an exception message which I introduced in the latest version, I couldn't really figure out what is the problem so I just swallowed the exception and created this error message. I would need more details to be able to fix it.

Phone model, rom version, is it modded ?

Thankyou for looking into this.
My Phone is Pixel 2 XL, currently on android Q beta 5, it is stock rom and phone is not rooted.

Thanks,

Cybernetic87

Dec 26, 2010
Thankyou for looking into this.
My Phone is Pixel 2 XL, currently on android Q beta 5, it is stock rom and phone is not rooted.

Thanks,

Looks like some new security features again, I am pretty sure that I made it working with Android Q with some of the past updates, looks like they changed something again. I will look into this.

Can you check if the app has the necessary permissions granted ? Go to application details and to permissions, see if the External storage permission is granted.

Last edited:

Grande 2015

Jul 11, 2015
Good evening, thank you for the wonderful job you have done . I was wondering if new features will be added in the next updates, like being able to call a person or send a message on WhatsApp or normal SMS? I await a cordial response

yuva29

Apr 9, 2009
LG Wing
Looks like some new security features again, I am pretty sure that I made it working with Android Q with some of the past updates, looks like they changed something again. I will look into this.

Can you check if the app has the necessary permissions granted ? Go to application details and to permissions, see if the External storage permission is granted.

The app has external storage permission..
Just a FYI...There is a camera app (from xda) which is having storage issue on Q beta 5 even though app has all the permissions, the developer suggested to install the app using adb commands from PC....do you think this can help here also?

Cybernetic87

Dec 26, 2010
The app has external storage permission..
Just a FYI...There is a camera app (from xda) which is having storage issue on Q beta 5 even though app has all the permissions, the developer suggested to install the app using adb commands from PC....do you think this can help here also?

I couldn't reproduce the error, this is screenshot from Pixel 2 XL Emulator running Android Q Beta 5:
QDM6Ls1.png

Maybe you use some antivirus which blocks access ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    App is already available on Samsung Store.
    Thank you for all DONATIONS and support !!!!

Introduction
    I've been looking at this topic and I saw that unfortunately the project died... so as I am a java developer and I am very tired with all the unresponsible/crashing apps on Galaxy Store. I decided to try myself at C#/.Net to write my own Google Assistant companion for Galaxy Watch. I hate Bixby as much most of the community.

So here is my approach to the Google Assistant companion app for Tizen Watches.

Preview demonstration videos

Screenshots

Already implemented features
    • Written with cutting edge libraries
    • Real time data streaming to/from GA
    • Push to talk
    • Real time recognized text display
    • Responses text display
    • Start recording after launch
    • Responses as fast as possible

Planned features:
    • Rework html responses so they display properly on watch screen

Requirements:

Changelog
    Code:
    0.9.3 - 2019-07-12
    - reworked file picker (compatibility with Android Q)

0.9.2 - 2019-07-11
    - added vibrate on listen option
    - stability fixes

0.7.0 - 2019-06-20
    - added html responses
    - cleanup / reduce weight of phone apk

0.6.1 - 2019.06.06
    - changed font size, text alligning adjustment
    - added option to display raw text recognition result ([B]default ON[/B])
    - stability fixes
    - apk is now service

0.5.4 - 2019.06.02
    - new icon / logo (Credit: @aefelix)
    - audio recording / playing adjustment
    - stability fixes
    - phone app improvements / cleanup

0.5.0 -  2019.05.31
    - watch makes requests using Protobuf now (Google native)

0.4.5 - 2019.05.30
    - adjusted debounce and throttling times
    - introduction to constructing Assistant Requests on watch side

0.4.4 - 2019.05.30
    - fixes from 0.4.3
    - improved stability

[STRIKE][B]Update 0.4.3[/B]
    - using .net reactive framework to handle the problematic cases
    - added debounce for button
    - added throttling to sensitive method calls
    - bugfixes[/STRIKE]
    Too unstable, use older version.

0.4.0 - 2019.05.28
    -UI draft retouch
    -lots of core changes / cleanup
    -cosmetic changes

0.3.1 - 2019.05.25
    -support volume control

0.3.0 - 2019.05.24
    -now using protobuf to talk with phone
    -getting mp3's as audio response
    -moved most of the response handling logic to watch
    -added scroller

0.1.1 - 2019.05.17
    -improved auto reconnect / launch android app stability

0.1.0 - 2019.05.11
    - code cleanup
    - support for external credentials.json file for testers
    - improved stability
    - auto launch AndroidApp
    - auto reconnect

0.0.2 - 2019.05.07
    - real time voice recognition text display
    - assistant response display
    - ability to stop assistant talk with press "Listen" again
    - completely reworked internal logic(once again, I hope last time )
    - use of new libraries
    - changed buffering methods
    - changed multithreading libraries

Initial post: 05.05.2019

Downloads
    Watch app:
    http://apps.samsung.com/gear/appDetail.as?appId=com.cybernetic87.GAssist.Tizen.Wearable

Phone app:
    Available on Play Store, the app page will open automatically on Phone after you run the watch app.

Installation instructions
    First generate the secrets.json file using tutorial below:
    Video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfunEUzzFVU&feature=youtu.be
    Put it in a folder on your phone. Folder name does not matter. You need to browse to it later when setting up phone app.

Install GAssist.Net app from Galaxy Store. Open Galaxy store and search for Gassist under the apps tab.
    Or, got to this link on your phone. https://galaxystore.samsung.com/geardetail/com.cybernetic87.GAssist.Tizen.Wearable

After watch app is installed. Open it. Give it permissions. Watch will say "Companion app is not installed. Check your phone".
    The phone will light up and the Google Play Store will open to the Gassist companion app install page. Click install. Click open. Give it permissions and follow the authentication instructions.

FAQ
    Q: Will this application be available on other watches than Galaxy Watch?
    A: Yes, this application should work on any Samsung watch with Tizen 4.0+ and microphone/speaker.

Q: Will this be a paid app?
    A: Yes, but the price shouldn't be more than 2USD. I will consider making it 2 variants Free and Premium.
    The app will be free.

Q:Will non speaker watches be supported ?
    A: Yes, when I develop the text output.

Q:Can this app do xxxx?
    A: The app can talk to Google Assistant SDK Service. I'm not answering for any Google Assistant SDK / Service features related questions. This doesn't depend on me, my app is only a bridge to Google Service. Please ask Google what the Assistant Service is capable of, and why not all features are available. Send query to their support, post on their forums etc.

How to get the logs

You have to have Tizen studio installed. Watch has to be in debug mode.
    Immediately after crash / bug connect watch via wifi.
    Open Tizen SDK Device Manager.
    Wait a while until it reads the logs.
    Export logs:
    qp7a7zl.png

Zip them and attach to post reporting bug.

THANKS!
    Beta invites are still closed while Samslow, cough, I mean Samsung, is validating the app.
    Wed AM in S Korea. :rolleyes:

Happy to inform that the App passed verification and is already available in regular Samsung Store.
    S3 Compatible Version already submitted to Samsung and will be available on the public Galaxy store SOON!!

App is 100% written by @Cybernetic87

I am not the author. I am his agent.
    S3 User here... WOW!! If you have an s3 you have have this app. AMAZING JOB OP! THANKS AGAIN!!!

As I promised ;) It is now available for Gear S3.

Guys have look at the new update and new Bixby look:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Nz3KoBMxQ

See that spinning circle? Is that a coincidence?
    Two days full of work and I'm happy to inform that we're on version 0.0.2.

New demo vid: https://youtu.be/qtfn6-p5CQA
    (edited video link cause of hotfix, now real time text displays correctly)

New features:
    -real time voice recognition text display
    -assistant response display
    -ability to stop assistant talk with press "Listen" again

Technical changes:
    -completely reworked internal logic(once again, I hope last time :))
    -use of new libraries
    -changed buffering methods
    -changed multithreading libraries

As for the question: this app will never be standalone on watch.
    gRPC is the library used to talk with assistant webservice and this library is not available on Tizen, end of topic.
    I won't write my own interface to talk with Google API.