• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Release] JustStable V2 - Build 4

Search This thread

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
--- I may as well ask since it could be last opportunity to do so: HOW DO YOU CHANGE PAGESPOOL. Is this a device-specific thing? is there a link to how to do it. or can you lay it out here?

--- 2nd --- Your new site layout looks great. QUESTION: did you eliminate your page (directory) which had your roms? I want to be able to re-link "JustIvan.com" to that page of ROM downloads.

--- 3rd --- (OFF TOPIC) I am seriously looking at the HTC Hero, but as you know T-Mobile won't offer it to USA market. I'm trying to get a UK phone, but only if it works on Tmo's 3G network in USA. But I may see you again -- in the Android world. hasta la vista!

1. It is device specific only if you want to change the ROM on an already installed ROM. Look around for "Herald quick pagepool changer". There are a few apps that will change the pagepool on any nbh or nb if you want to flash from scratch.

2. Thanks. The directory still exists, but it's not linked anywhere. I don't really make ROMs anymore (at least for the time being.) You could always link it to my downloads directory in the new site and I could move the old ROMs there.

3. The Hero is pretty nice, and it supports the 1700mhz frequency, but I don't know whether it works or not. The Sense UI is pretty nice on top of android and I heard that the Hero is getting the official android 2.0 treatment soon. (The wm6.5 of the android world.)

Last edited:

livndeadgrl13

Mar 2, 2009
Opelousas
Ok so you are sure you HardSPLed? Because phones don't come HardSPLed, you have to flash a special ROM to make it that way. If you are sure, then continue:

All you have to do to flash the Micro version that you want is to drag the downloaded ROM file into the root of your storage card (the file is called HERAIMG.nbh)

Then you hold down your camera button and press the soft reset button. Continue holding the camera button until a new screen appears.

Once on the next screen, it should ask you to press any key, well press down on the volume slider there, just do it.

It should start flashing and it'll work! If it fails, then your storage card is probably too large. If so, ask me once again.

Those instructions should do it for you! (hopefully its all spelled right, I wrote it from my phone!)

Ask for more help always.

as i was trolling this thread looking for an answer to another question i had i felt the need to respond to this, if in doubt about your phone being hardSPL then just do it, i had bought a used phoen that had a older version of touchflo 6.1 and for the life of me could not update the current rom to something i like more, well anyway i flashed and flashed and could not get past 3% so it finally occured to me that maybe the older roms didnt have to be HardSPL to work, anyway i used the file below and now im flashing away no issues i cant handle... well yet anyway lol, so i hope this helps :)... instructions are very easy and have used this on several wings

livndeadgrl13

Mar 2, 2009
Opelousas
sorry for the double post, uploading didnt work first time around

and BTW the reason i uploaded the version i used is because im still seeing the question asked in this thread and its not big deal for me to upload a couple files and a link, maybe itll keep the question from coming up again too soon and to remind people that if your using a phone with an older rom u might have overlooked the whole HardSPL step since your last update so here is the link i found easiest to use
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=358225

Attachments

• canonyang.cab
    4.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Disable_Security.cab
    70.5 KB · Views: 1
  • How2Hard-Spl.txt
    548 bytes · Views: 2
Last edited:

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
sorry for the double post, uploading didnt work first time around

There wasn't really a reason to upload those, there's a real thread for them. Also, there's way more complete instructions on other threads too ;)

Check out the Manila Gardeners Edition, and it has a How To Flash section, which has the best How to HardSPL guide in it ever, written by Apreincher! If you follow Apreincher's instructions from that page, THEN it is easy. :p

livndeadgrl13

Mar 2, 2009
Opelousas
why do wanna give me a hard time, im reading the whole thread and the link i posted is not the same as the ones that are already posted and im sure someone else will post it again, you dont seem to be helping anything except giving me a hard time :), and all the posts and didnt find what im looking for, the fingerboard keyboard thats on ivan juststable V2 has a really great keyboard but when i changed to a newer version the keyboard is not the same, anyone know the name of the keyboard im looking for thanks

Last edited:

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
why do wanna give me a hard time, im reading the whole thread and the link i posted is not the same as the ones that are already posted and im sure someone else will post it again, you dont seem to be helping anything except giving me a hard time :), and all the posts and didnt find what im looking for, the fingerboard keyboard thats on ivan juststable V2 has a really great keyboard but when i changed to a newer version the keyboard is not the same, anyone know the name of the keyboard im looking for thanks

We did already answer his question right on the next post after his, and yes, we used the same link, and I told him he probably skipped Step 3, and he realized he did, and he posted that he solved it. I think that's answered ;) It's just useless to bring up solved stuff!

But Ivan uses the FingerKeyboard, I believe. And that's the name of it, I think. You'll find it on XDA.

Yep, on the ROM Page, it says it's "FingerKeyboard" under the Features and if I wasn't on my phone, I'd give u a link to that app ;)

livndeadgrl13

Mar 2, 2009
Opelousas
hmm yeah i searched high and low for the fingerboard thats in the version i used but no luck i think it was juststable V2 final, which has plenty of bugs which is why i changed it but now i want my perfect keyboard lol, so if anyone has the cab or link that would rock... and ivan thanks fo all your hard work :) loving it as always

Last edited:

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
hmm yeah i searched high and low for the fingerboard thats in the version i used but no luck i think it was juststable V2 final, which has plenty of bugs which is why i changed it but now i want my perfect keyboard lol, so if anyone has the cab or link that would rock... and ivan thanks fo all your hard work :) loving it as always

http://www.google.com/m/url?cd=3&ch...3&sa=X&usg=AFQjCNERJFlaGTA7Bndq5v4OJHUJJtA2kg

Hmm, it's a "Mobile" version link from Google Search...but that's the keyboard. Was like the first search there.

And just JustStable V2 Build 4. That was the BEST version of JustStable! use that one!

livndeadgrl13

Mar 2, 2009
Opelousas
k thanks, i did see that link but it said blackstone so i wasnt sure if it would work on the wing/herald

can pandora or lastfm play in this rom anybody know

Last edited:

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007

livndeadgrl13

Mar 2, 2009
Opelousas
Yep, I used Pandora (http://thewingster.com/pandora.aspx) and it works great with JustStable!!

The download link from This Page works. BUT, I recommend you try the archived version, THIS ONE. It has been said to be the best version. Enjoy!!

the last 2 links you left were for Juststable Rom V2 4 and 8 unless pandora is in the rom i couldnt find it on the page, im using 8 right now if i remember correctly, i tried to put on lastfm and net.frame 2.0 and lastfm still didnt work, so ill try this version of pandora and see how it goes, thanks :)

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
the last 2 links you left were for Juststable Rom V2 4 and 8 unless pandora is in the rom i couldnt find it on the page, im using 8 right now if i remember correctly, i tried to put on lastfm and net.frame 2.0 and lastfm still didnt work, so ill try this version of pandora and see how it goes, thanks :)

Yeaaaaa....I gave the link for Pandora, and then I answered the second part of his question, about where to download the ROM, since he asked both questions. I gave him the page for the lastest version, but also for the Archive version, since that archive one is known to be more stable.

Maybe you should read everything a bit more? idk.. I answer questions completely, so that's why I first answered his question about Pandora, and then answered his other question on where to download the ROM.

lolol...... :p

livndeadgrl13

Mar 2, 2009
Opelousas
no i read just fine you quoted my question and then randomly answered another, i asked about pandora and someone else asked about the rom, so maybe you should read and answer more carefully, thanks anyway :)

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
Is there a way to check the pagepool on the phone? I just used PagePool_Change.exe to change the build 4 .nbh file to a 6mb pagepool. I just want to see if it worked.

Thanks,
-Adam

Last edited:

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
When you flash a rom from the SD card, you're supposed to do a soft reset when it goes to the bootloader screen, correct?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One more question. Sometimes when I close out of programs, a weird screen comes up with 9 blank, black boxes. The softkeys say [EXIT] on the left and [MENU] on the right. neither of the softkeys do anything when I hit them, and sometimes I have to tap the "X" in the upper right corner a few times to get out of that screen. Or just hit the "red" disconnect button. Is there a way to stop this from happening? ..and what is it?

Thanks for the help,
    -Adam
    When you see those menus at bottom, that is the application WkTASK at work. You should select Menu -- and go throiugh all the options to make sure you have set it up as you like it -- or choose not to use it. I think it's great.

As for your earlier request, there is a cab file somewhere, but i cant remember its name, which enables you to adjust the placement of items on TODAY screen, forcing HTC Home down. If I can find it i will report back. If I were you I would do a site search for "Today screen plugins"