• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Release] JustStable V2 - Build 4

Search This thread

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
Right now in HTC Home, the date is displayed as 11/4/09. I want to add the day in the front (i.e. Wed 11/4/09). How would I go about this? Please help!

Shout out to Ivan

I just have to offer this shout out to Ivan... again...

Back in Feb on 2009 he set out to make the last of his ROMs for the Windows Mobile platform -- for the Wing/ Herald. While others got a jump on him and focused on WinMo 6.5, Ivan maximized the power of WinMo 6.1 -- and then mastered the power of WinMo 6.5 for these older-generation HTC phones.

Today I saw the first FULL-DEMO video of the newest HTC phone for Windows -- the HTC LEO -- with the new speedy Qualcomm snapdragon processor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxkIJdG2brU

What amazes me is a simple reflection:

Of course there is no comparison between the Wing and the Leo -- as different as night and day. But when I look at the phone dialer, the notification system, and various other features of that new state of the art phone, I see things that Ivan got to work on the Wing... maybe not as speedy as (well of COURSE not as speedy as)... but damn if the functionality isn't largely there.

It's easy to get wowed by the latest & greatest... But I have to say, to have been able to pack so much functionality and MULTI-TASKING into the Wing, whether using the 6.1 ROM "Just Stable" or the 6.5 ROM "Just Home", is close to a miracle.

It still "gets" me that 4 years ago my predecessor phone to the Wing, the T-mobile MDA, shot video, had multi-media text messaging, copy & paste, voice command, transcriber input device, and various other features it would take 3 whole versions of the newer iPhone to ever match -- finally in their 3GS models.

I'm not at all nostalgic about, or even loyal to, Windows Mobile. The only thing that kept Windows Mobile viable for past 4 years has been XDA-Developers, bringing finger-navigation and slide-apps to the archaic and unimaginative Windows operating system... finally making all those features that WindowsMobile miraculously had in the T-Mobile MDA 4 years ago -- actually usable without holding the phone up to your eye to check off tiny boxes or tap on tiny numbers to enter contact info.

So... I'm paying tribute to Ivan -- and XDA --for helping me to have a very usable phone for past few years... bringing to my old device features that are STILL not exceeded by the brand new fastest HCT phone -- the Leo.

Bravo amigo! :)

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
I just downloaded the HTC Audio Manager. How do I map it to the HTC Home Music Icon? I installed the Manager on the storage card, is this ok?

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
I know how to make the music icon appear.. My question was how to map HTC Audio Manager to the music icon; the ROM has it linked to Windows Media Player.

Thanks,
-Adam

It's probably somewhere in the registry...Try HKLM/Software/HTC...

See if you can find something in there. That would be my first guess. The registry holds tons of golden nuggets of goodness!

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Change
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Music Plug-In]
"MusicPlayer"=dword:00000001

from 1 to 2 I think. I don't remember 100%. It's been a long time.

I just downloaded the HTC Audio Manager. How do I map it to the HTC Home Music Icon? I installed the Manager on the storage card, is this ok?

If you have not solved this yet, there is a very simple one-click way to do this:

Advanced Configuration Tool -- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=418151

2zyyfmf.png

It's quite an amazing tool developed by folks at XDA... There is a whole list of interface changes you can make, as well as power and performance changes, and also the specific control you want: HTC MUSIC --- allows you to select either WMP or HTC Audio.

SOmeone asked earlier how to "unlock" the position of HTC Home within the Today screen. Here too, it is a simple selection.

It is rarely ever talked about or advised, but it's a must-have tool that adds control to about 100 elements of any WindowsMobile ROM from XDA.

Last edited:

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
If you have not solved this yet, there is a very simple one-click way to do this:

Advanced Configuration Tool -- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=418151

I downloaded the Advanced Configuration Tool ver. 3.3, and it was very helpful. I was able to change the link for the htc music icon to HTC Audio Manager v2.2.

However, I'm running into a couple problems.. When I hit "Launch Music Player," it loads HTC Audio Manager, but it keeps it in the background. Then, when I'm in Audio Manager, the right soft-key that says "Player" is grayed out, and I can't figure out how to load my songs in.. Please help!

Thanks,
-Adam

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
I have a question about the WkTask application. What are those 8 blank rectangles supposed to be, when exiting a program, and the soft-keys are "[EXIT]" and "[NEXT]" or "[MENU]?" Also, when I try to click either soft key, or the black rectangles, nothing ever happens. Just trying to figure out what this screen is for.

Thanks,
-Adam

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
If it's what I think it is you're referring to it's the built-in launcher built into TkTask.

Collinfrisch

Mar 6, 2008
Way back there was a question about Bluetooth on the WING not receiving after upgrading to JustStable...the question was left unanswered and I am stuck with the same problem. Is there any solution to this?
(I believe its something to do with FTP missing) Please any help will be appreciated..

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Way back there was a question about Bluetooth on the WING not receiving after upgrading to JustStable...the question was left unanswered and I am stuck with the same problem. Is there any solution to this?
(I believe its something to do with FTP missing) Please any help will be appreciated..
I never included the Bluetooth FTP program. If you want to be able to transfer that way, search for and install a cab for the Bluetooth FTP program.

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
My battery life barely lasts 24 hours with this ROM, and I'm not overclocking. Is this common, or do I need a new battery?

Thanks,
-Adam

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
My battery life barely lasts 24 hours with this ROM, and I'm not overclocking. Is this common, or do I need a new battery?

Thanks,
-Adam
My battery lasted a good amount of time when I used the ROM. Do you leave WiFi enabled at all times? There is a bug that happens on EVERY device and EVERY ROM that runs windows mobile that causes the CPU to eat up battery life. You could be happening. I don't know what causes it and how to fix it, though. Sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One more question. Sometimes when I close out of programs, a weird screen comes up with 9 blank, black boxes. The softkeys say [EXIT] on the left and [MENU] on the right. neither of the softkeys do anything when I hit them, and sometimes I have to tap the "X" in the upper right corner a few times to get out of that screen. Or just hit the "red" disconnect button. Is there a way to stop this from happening? ..and what is it?

Thanks for the help,
    -Adam
    When you see those menus at bottom, that is the application WkTASK at work. You should select Menu -- and go throiugh all the options to make sure you have set it up as you like it -- or choose not to use it. I think it's great.

As for your earlier request, there is a cab file somewhere, but i cant remember its name, which enables you to adjust the placement of items on TODAY screen, forcing HTC Home down. If I can find it i will report back. If I were you I would do a site search for "Today screen plugins"