[Release] MtcdMirroring - an alternative to Easyconnected

Search This thread

Tabs78

Dec 8, 2007
Do you think Will you add wifi method in future?

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Tabs78

Dec 8, 2007
I tried the app but the touch not works

Dec64

Jul 20, 2016
@f1x, Great update, it all works nearly perfect, touch screen is spot on, resolution is correct but only on QHD.

If i set my display to FHD or HD it does not detect that resolution properly and small get the small image. The main issue with this is running the phone on long trips with QHD resolution drains the battery fast.

Tabs78

Dec 8, 2007
Could you please share more details?
1. Version of MtcdMirroring
2. Details about your device
3. Details about your Head Unit.
3. Touch does not work at all or response is way off?
Today update
SU Edge
Erisin 4700 5.1 lp
If i touch it response later and not right command

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
@f1x, Great update, it all works nearly perfect, touch screen is spot on, resolution is correct but only on QHD.

Hi, great news that touchscren finally started to work. I suppose it should start work as well for other users who reported this issue .

If i set my display to FHD or HD it does not detect that resolution properly and small get the small image. The main issue with this is running the phone on long trips with QHD resolution drains the battery fast.

I made some research of this problem yesterday. Problem is quite complicated and mostly related to the graphic hardware. Original display resolution of your phone is QHD. As of Nougat release, Samsung "virtually" changed it to 1080p (rumors say due to battery drain issues), but resolution of the SurfaceFlinger remains the same (QHD). When you change the resolution, then display driver will crop the screen to the smaller resolution but SurfaceFlinger still captures the QHD.

I will try to find a way to crop and resize captured screen directly on the Head Unit but it is not so easy to do it during 1 day - alot things have to be considered to not drop the FPS rate.

Btw. for now as a temporary "workaround" I can recommend you to find an USB 3.0 HUB with additional power wire. I found one on Polish ebay (I suppose on aliexpress or similar it will be even much easier to find), and connected the additional power wire to the second USB port of the Head Unit. With this solution my Nexus 5X can even charge the battery a bit during usage of the MtcdMirroring.

Dec64

Jul 20, 2016
Hi, great news that touchscren finally started to work. I suppose it should start work as well for other users who reported this issue .

I made some research of this problem yesterday. Problem is quite complicated and mostly related to the graphic hardware. Original display resolution of your phone is QHD. As of Nougat release, Samsung "virtually" changed it to 1080p (rumors say due to battery drain issues), but resolution of the SurfaceFlinger remains the same (QHD). When you change the resolution, then display driver will crop the screen to the smaller resolution but SurfaceFlinger still captures the QHD.

I will try to find a way to crop and resize captured screen directly on the Head Unit but it is not so easy to do it during 1 day - alot things have to be considered to not drop the FPS rate.

Btw. for now as a temporary "workaround" I can recommend you to find an USB 3.0 HUB with additional power wire. I found one on Polish ebay (I suppose on aliexpress or similar it will be even much easier to find), and connected the additional power wire to the second USB port of the Head Unit. With this solution my Nexus 5X can even charge the battery a bit during usage of the MtcdMirroring.

Thanks for your help.

yeah i have considered a powered USB hub. I think I will go that route when I sort my cables out so fixing the resolution issue is not a big deal if it's far too complicated. May just need to be a heads up to samsung s7 owners.

leonkernan

Mar 5, 2015
Melbourne
I've just been testing this out on my PX3 unit that sits on my test bench these days.
It seems to work ok, plugged my Google Pixel (not XL) into it and it mirrors fine. Touches aren't right though.

edit: I've figured it out, touch is actually right when the phone is portrait. As soon as I turn it to landscape the screen rotates but the touches do the same. If I swipe from the left on the headunit with the phone in landscape, it pulls down the notification bar. If i swipe from the bottom on the headunit I get the Google page.

Device is an MTCD unit with 800x600 screen at 240 dpi (standard for this unit) and the Pixel is completely stock.

Last edited:

prnorm

Oct 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
I can't get it to work on my Nexus 6P 7.1.2 and this head unit.

I just get a "No compatible device detected. Please check if debugging on your device is enabled." USB debugging does say connected and the Easyconnected app connects and opens the app (but doesn't get past there) so I know it's at least talking to the phone.

Any suggestions?

Also, if I do get this to work I would hope for an option for a paid ad-free version. Is that as a possibility?

*Edit: I guess I don't know if I have an MTCD head unit... maybe that's why?

Last edited:

Cele5tialarrow5

Apr 28, 2017
I'm so glad I found this. Hooked it up and it worked on the first try. I do have to use the wqhd to get It to work silkscreen but that's ok. It is even faster than the easy connected app. I had a couple questions. It is possible to get video to work on this, like next flix or YouTube. I can get the app to open and I can see subtitles but no image. I don't know if this has something to do with the bitrate settings or not but it doesn't change regardless of the value. And if you're still taking suggestions on features, it would be nice to be able to turn the phone screen of while connected.

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
I'm so glad I found this. Hooked it up and it worked on the first try. I do have to use the wqhd to get It to work silkscreen but that's ok. It is even faster than the easy connected app. I had a couple questions. It is possible to get video to work on this, like next flix or YouTube. I can get the app to open and I can see subtitles but no image. I don't know if this has something to do with the bitrate settings or not but it doesn't change regardless of the value. And if you're still taking suggestions on features, it would be nice to be able to turn the phone screen of while connected.

Thanks for your feedback. It looks like your phone device has some DRM protection. You can make a simply test - make a screenshot when you are watching youtube or netflix. If it is not possible to make a screenshot during playback, it looks like DRM protection is active. There is plenty of tutorials how to disable it.

Skrallex

Oct 15, 2016
Yep, touch also doesn't work properly for me when I put the phone into landscape mode (Xperia Z2). Would have liked to be able to use this but not much point trying to use it in portrait mode obviously :p

Reactions: Elkoho

DragFX

Apr 20, 2014
Ottawa Canada
I have a Bosion BX-411
HU Software Version

Kernel Version
Linux 3.4.39 - Sat May 28 14:13:57 CST 2016
OS Version
Android v4.4 - BSP 1.15 - 20160531
APP Version
APP 1.15
Looking to see if it will work on this unit. Need the .apk as Playstore wont let me.
Does anyone else have a unit like this? I need a .apk Full File Repository Missing my radio app and front camera.

Last edited:

tentonip

Nov 18, 2016
Hi, o try to install in Flyaudio g9 ,but y cant.
This head unit dont have play Story and use a backup install before in my Samsung S7 with Android 7.
Do you have a alternetive Link to donwload?

Sorry for my english, I'm from argentina.

Totinno

Jun 25, 2017
Nuxus cell phones that are blocked by google or LG ?

Hi F1x,
I read all the post. This app seems very promising.
I downloaded the application to Play and I installed it. I have exactly the same problem as "prnorm". I have a Nexux 5x with android 7.1.2 and a Chinese car radio that runs with android 6.0.
Is Nuxus cell phones that are blocked by google or LG ?
I hope you will succeed in debugging for all cell phones. :good: :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    today I would like to introduce application called MtcdMirroring. MtcdMirroring allows you to mirror and control your Android device by the Head Unit touchscreen.

Application is available on the Google Play Store: link

Application is an alternative to the Easyconnected app, but much more lightweigh and with support of the newest Android releases (Nougat). Right now application can mirror only Android devices.

Features:
    * Realtime streaming of touch events allows you to control your Android device by a Head Unit touchscreen.
    * Realtime streaming of your Android device screen.
    * Forwarding of the Head Unit key presses and Steering Wheel key presses to your Android device (You can install MtcdTools on your Phone and control it like the Head Unit).
    * Automatic streaming of the audio over Bluetooth A2DP.

How to use it?
    1. Enable USB Debugging in developer settings on your Android device.
    ! Owners of Xiaomi devices must enable "USB debugging (Security Settings) as well.
    2. Connect your Android device to the Head Unit via USB cable.
    3. Accept "Allow USB debugging" when your Android device will prompt you
    4. Click Connect to the device to start mirroring your Android device.
    5. Explore Application Settings to customize your instance of the application.
    working well for me, thank you for the app!
    Yep, touch also doesn't work properly for me when I put the phone into landscape mode (Xperia Z2). Would have liked to be able to use this but not much point trying to use it in portrait mode obviously :p