[Release] MtcdMirroring - an alternative to Easyconnected

Search This thread

kiru

May 12, 2005
I have a nexus 6p (running 8.0) and installed your app on a Hizpo 7.1.2 deck and everything works great! Thanks for this as I could never get easyconnect to work.

herdamit

Jan 1, 2011
Hi,
I'd like to try the app on a Honda Connect head unit. Sadly, I can't install it, because the head unit only has android 4.0.4. Could you provide a version that runs on 4.0.4 or is there any limitation that your MtcdMirroring won't run on the Honda Connect at all?
Thank you

Ru004

Nov 19, 2017
Hi. can make this application work in android 4.4.4 car unit roadnav s160., smartphone Samsung galaxy note 8. Thanks

kiru

May 12, 2005
Is there a way you can update the app to work with a Pixel 2 XL? I am getting a touchscreen error (cannot detect).

EDDIE_MUTANTE

May 5, 2008
Hello.
I can't connect, "No compatible device detected. Please check if debugging on your device is enabled". My phone ask me for connect with the HU but no way in any connection mode (only charging, MTP, PTP, MIDI...). My devices are:

Phone:
Aquaris M5
5" FHD 1080 x 1920 - 440 ppi
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 615 Octa Core
Android 7.1.2 Comp. 5.0.0

HU:
Eunavi
600x1240
Allwinner Quadcore T3 P3 ROM 32Gb-DDR3 2Gb
Android 6.0.1
Kernell Linux 3.10.65- Tue May 2 15:38:35 CST2017
OS Version BSP 1.6.3.1.5-IVT-170502
MCU 1.15.11.0-20170505-77867719T

A greeting

ikerg

Hello.
I can't connect, "No compatible device detected. Please check if debugging on your device is enabled". My phone ask me for connect with the HU but no way in any connection mode (only charging, MTP, PTP, MIDI...). My devices are:

Phone:
Aquaris M5
5" FHD 1080 x 1920 - 440 ppi
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 615 Octa Core
Android 7.1.2 Comp. 5.0.0

HU:
Eunavi
600x1240
Allwinner Quadcore T3 P3 ROM 32Gb-DDR3 2Gb
Android 6.0.1
Kernell Linux 3.10.65- Tue May 2 15:38:35 CST2017
OS Version BSP 1.6.3.1.5-IVT-170502
MCU 1.15.11.0-20170505-77867719T

A greeting

Your unit is not a MTCD unit

panteryx_26

Apr 24, 2008
will this ever work over wifi ? i got an android headunit becasue i didn't want to have the aux cable always hanging around. this kinda defeats the purpose of that

akispavlopoulos

Feb 29, 2008
Patra
Hi!

Tryring to connect a xiaomi phone Redmi Note 4X (all usb debugging etc. enable) I get the message "could not detect target touch screen resolution". What I am doing wrong?

GabayRiv

Jun 17, 2018
Hi!
I have the S170 head unit with android 6.
The MtcdMirroring display the following error> "Could not detect target touchscreen resoltion."
I have an Asus zenphone with android 8.0
What can i do?

Thanks!!! Gabriel (from argentina!)

iNeoTom

Nov 21, 2012
Hey i know this is for the MTCD but i have a MTCB i can get the app to run and connect to my phone and show on the screen but it shows my phone as lots of small screens no matter what resolution i set my phone (galaxy s9 plus android 8.0).

Any options i can try?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Last edited:

kadiatou94120

Mar 25, 2016
Hey i know this is for the MTCD but i have a MTCB i can get the app to run and connect to my phone and show on the screen but it shows my phone as lots of small screens no matter what resolution i set my phone (galaxy s9 plus android 8.0).

Any options i can try?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
Hello someone can post the link please

tuorum

Sep 6, 2010
mtcdmirroring with essential phone -works

Using it on a ATOTO A6 with my essential phone. Only wish it was a bit faster. Trying different bitrates and buffer sizes. Landscape seems to work the best. Better app access than easyconnection.

Peetytwist

Jan 13, 2018
Sony Xperia XZ Detection

Hey,
thanks for the app, looks great!
It seems to detect my phone but when I try to connect it says that it couldn't detect the target touchscreen resolution. Any idea on how to fix this? USB Debugging is enabled of course and I got a MTCD Unit with RK3188 and Android 5.1.1. My Phone is a Sony Xperia XZ with Android 8.0 installed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    today I would like to introduce application called MtcdMirroring. MtcdMirroring allows you to mirror and control your Android device by the Head Unit touchscreen.

Application is available on the Google Play Store: link

Application is an alternative to the Easyconnected app, but much more lightweigh and with support of the newest Android releases (Nougat). Right now application can mirror only Android devices.

Features:
    * Realtime streaming of touch events allows you to control your Android device by a Head Unit touchscreen.
    * Realtime streaming of your Android device screen.
    * Forwarding of the Head Unit key presses and Steering Wheel key presses to your Android device (You can install MtcdTools on your Phone and control it like the Head Unit).
    * Automatic streaming of the audio over Bluetooth A2DP.

How to use it?
    1. Enable USB Debugging in developer settings on your Android device.
    ! Owners of Xiaomi devices must enable "USB debugging (Security Settings) as well.
    2. Connect your Android device to the Head Unit via USB cable.
    3. Accept "Allow USB debugging" when your Android device will prompt you
    4. Click Connect to the device to start mirroring your Android device.
    5. Explore Application Settings to customize your instance of the application.
    working well for me, thank you for the app!
    Yep, touch also doesn't work properly for me when I put the phone into landscape mode (Xperia Z2). Would have liked to be able to use this but not much point trying to use it in portrait mode obviously :p