[Release][PX3|PX5] MtcDialer :: Make hands-free calls

Search This thread

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
Hello,
I am working to make our devices as much "hands-free" as possible (I do not like to be distracted while driving :)). I want to introduce new app from hands-free set that I am currently developing.

MtcDialer

23.06.2017: Version 1.2.2 has been released.
21.06.2017: Version 1.2.1 has been released.
21.06.2017: Version 1.2 has been released. Thanks to @scorillo_ro.
19.06.2017: Version 1.1 has been released
19.02.2017: Version 1.0 has been released

If you enjoyed using of the application, you can support my work and Donate to me :eek:.

Last edited:

JCBomb

Apr 2, 2013
Will this grab the phone call intent from automate and send it to the bluetooth app?

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
Will this grab the phone call intent from automate and send it to the bluetooth app?

MtcDialer reacts on android.intent.action.CALL. It works for Google Now (you can set MtcDialer as a dialer app) so I suppose it should work for automate as well.

Last edited:

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
For some reason I never get a request to set anything as dialer app.

I suppose you will not get any request. You can set MtcDialer as dialer app using Google Now settings. Below you can find screenshots how to do it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-21-06-45-05_22.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-21-06-45-05_22.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 11,878
  • Screenshot_2017-02-21-06-46-19.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-21-06-46-19.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 11,920

ikerg

@f1x can you compile it for x32 as well for Intel Sofia MTCD?
MTCD intel units are equally limited in terms of calling by using google Voice or Google contacts (just limited to use their own contacts retrieved from Phone by PBAP Profile). As all MTCD units are governed by the same MCU it is more than probably that your app could work on Intel units as well

Or is your apk ready for intel as well?

Reactions: dlllb

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
@f1x can you compile it for x32 as well for Intel Sofia MTCD?
MTCD intel units are equally limited in terms of calling by using google Voice or Google contacts (just limited to use their own contacts retrieved from Phone by PBAP Profile). As all MTCD units are governed by the same MCU it is more than probably that your app could work on Intel units as well

Or is your apk ready for intel as well?

It is regular Android APK without any external lib so it should be possible to install it on any Android device. The problem can be in Bluetooth Service interface. You have to install and check it by your own - I do not own any of Intel MTCD device.

Last edited:

ikerg

It is regular Android APK without any external lib so it should be possible to install it on any Android device. The problem can be in Bluetooth Service interface. You have to install and check it by your own - I do not own any of Intel MTCD device.

I checked:
It installs well
But it fails to communicate to Bluetooth. (Bluetooth not found or something similar)
CAn i help you in someway to adapt your app to be working to the Bluetooth service for MTCD Intel's?

Many thanks in advance

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
I checked:
It installs well
But it fails to communicate to Bluetooth. (Bluetooth not found or something similar)
CAn i help you in someway to adapt your app to be working to the Bluetooth service for MTCD Intel's?

Many thanks in advance

Unfortunately, without access to the device I am not able to help you :(.

ikerg

Yes

if I did help you, please hit "thanks" button

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Inside the zip there is the libraries and the apk

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Are you sure it is correct apk file? I cannot decompile it.
inside the zip there is a folder ith Bluetooth.apk and subfolder with odex
if you need the framework for deompiling, here you are (extracted from the ROM):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzpR8k0kgZq3N0FJb0NUbE9uQ1U

ikerg

Yes

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Inside the zip there is the libraries and the apk

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

inside the zip there is a folder ith Bluetooth.apk and subfolder with odex
if you need the framework for deompiling, here you are (extracted from the ROM):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzpR8k0kgZq3N0FJb0NUbE9uQ1U
Did you success on decompiling?

jpreston84

Dec 16, 2008
I'm getting a message of "Bluetooth not available" for my MTCD 8-core unit. Any idea how to remedy this?

If you need me to send APKs from the system, I'm happy to oblige. Just provide instructions for someone with substantial Linux experience, but only moderate Android experience. I'm already rooted, so this shouldn't be too bad to accomplish.

Thanks.

ZeligPC

Jan 6, 2015
I'm getting a message of "Bluetooth not available" for my MTCD 8-core unit.

Same here. It's seems that this app is not compatible with PX5 units. :(
It would be great to have a fix, an alternative or any kind of workaround, I really miss the option to make voice calls with "ok Google"! I'm searching and testing everywhere, but still no luck...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    I am working to make our devices as much "hands-free" as possible (I do not like to be distracted while driving :)). I want to introduce new app from hands-free set that I am currently developing.

MtcDialer

23.06.2017: Version 1.2.2 has been released.
    21.06.2017: Version 1.2.1 has been released.
    21.06.2017: Version 1.2 has been released. Thanks to @scorillo_ro.
    19.06.2017: Version 1.1 has been released
    19.02.2017: Version 1.0 has been released

If you enjoyed using of the application, you can support my work and Donate to me :eek:.
    Android9 version

A few weeks ago I created a pull request for the android 9 changes for MtcDialer on github, but it seems like @f1x is no longer active :(
    I am releasing this version without his approval... The credits still goes to him for this great app. Thank you @f1x

https://github.com/scorillo/MtcDialer/releases/tag/1.2.3

It is working good on my Android 9 PX6 unit
    I have the contacts in the Bluethooh app inside so that not only the phone number shows me the number but also the contact name.
    OK, let's explain this one more time, hopefully for the last time, how these units works.

The headunits have a bluetooth module connected to the MCU board (it is not integrated to the Android SOM).
    The module have its microphone connected to the MCU microphone, its audio out connected to the MCU audio mixer and it is connected to the Android SOM via the USB hub also on the MCU board. Android OS controls the BT module via AT commands.

So this BT module is not used as the one in your phone, it has only a limited functionality. It is mainly used as a handsfree headset (can also interact with some ODB adapters).

To be able to use this BT module for receiving and placing calls, the chinese developers created some special services and applications. The main user interface (app) is that Bluetooth app. So in the stock ROM Android OS does not know it can place and receive calls, because the unit does not have a GSM module with SIM card.

That Bluetooth app is using contacts that are downloaded from your paired phone.
    Standard Android dialers uses contacts from the android/google account set up on the unit (not the one on the paired phone). OK Google / Google Assistant will try to use contacts from this contacts list!

What MtcDialer does, is to be an adapter for those Bluetooth services mentioned earlier. When the android is trying to place a phone call, MtcDialer will use that chinese proprietary apps/services to place the call via your paired phone. That is why you will see the same user interface for the outgoing call, because it is using that Bluetooth app. The app will dial the number (digits) received from MtcDialer, but will display the corresponding Contact Name downloaded from the phone (not from android contacts).

So if you use the Google Assistant and ask to place a call to a contact, it will search that contact in Android Contacts, will take the phone number (digits) from there, will use MtcDialer to place the call, MtcDialer it will use the Bluetooth app to actually place the call, so the name displayed when the call is in progress it is the name downloaded from the paired phone.

If you use the same Google Account on the car unit and on the paired phone, you may not spot a difference. But, as I do, use different Google Accounts, you will see the difference.

Because the android on these units was designed to only work as a Bluetooth Headset, the stock ROM does not even have the Google Contacts Sync adapter and a Contacts app installed.

I hope everyone understands how things are working and see less complains about Google Assistant not finding the contact.

Just a hope :)
    Hello,

I'm searching for this version but i can't find it on the forum, i only find ROMS… Do you know where i can find it please ?

Thanks you

Consider using his entire ROM. It has many cool features.
    Also consider donating to him for his hard work! https://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=5092263
    MTCDialer Installationguide for Newbees, Beginners, Dummies....

Hi to all,
    I write this, because of my own expirience. There is a misunderstanding, how to install.
    How to install it the right way you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8JbDGoSvjA
    Unfortuanally it`s german, but watch it exactly and you are able to use the dialer.
    Other way is to read my guide:

Introduction:
    ---NO ROOT NEEDED!!!!
    ---MCTDialer 1.2.2 works with usual px3 and px5 HU ( xtron, erisin, witson, and so on) and Android 6 or higher.
    ---Google assistant ("OK Google") has been installed CORRECTLY. Best way including it is working offline too.
    ---Download the MTCDialer apk to your HU, refer Post #1 or use the links coming with the linked clip above.
    ---when you have google assistant on your phone too: make sure it is not able to react parallel.
    (Normally if your phone is turned on but not activated (screen is dark), otherwise disable activation by saying "OK
    Google" or your voice) at first.
    ---when you use a contact app on your HU then disable it... There is no need for, when you initiate mtcdialer the way described below. (You can delete it after succeed testing the installation guide)

Installation (true step by step):
    --- connect your phone with your HU via bluetooth.
    ---make sure the embaded HU BT is really paired with your phone.
    ---install the MTCDialer apk. (after direct download you will find it in the internal storage/download folder) on the int. storage
    When installation is ready don't open the mtcdialer, just click finish. (click even means push on it with your finger)
    ---Open the Google BrowserApp himself (do not open the google assistent or Chrome or Firefox or something else)
    ---use the searchbar and WRITE: call 03000 ( you can use your natural language, if you install it with google assistant) and press enter or go or ready
    ---click on the first blue colored phone icon (under the searchbar)
    ---Now there are presented some icons. You choose the mtcdialer by click it (remember: with your finger)
    ---At next click on the second phone icon* to start the call *( mostly a blue circle with a white phone)
    ---When the phone bar appears click on the red button. mtcdialer now is stored as default using app. (IMPORTANT)
    ---Say "OK Google call mom in law" (When you saved her as dragon then say "OK Google call dragon", cos google don't know about the nickname you gave. When you stored dragon with more than one number, the assistant will request which one is to use)
    ---It should function now. So be happy and face your next problem, e.g. with the dragon sitting beside you during this procedure

I hope this guide helps you. I read it to my rave and he was succesfull using it.
    So I'm sure you will succeed too.