f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
MtcdAutoVolume

Install, configure and enjoy

• No root access required
  • No xposed framework needed
  • Automatic startup
  • Volume level is set in percentage in range <0, 100>%.
  • Speed range is <0, 139> Kph or <0, 86> Mph.
  • Generation of volume level in linear manner.
  • Keep music playing while configuring MtcdAutoVolume. Sliding on seekbar will change volume level what gives you preview of volume level settings.

Disable or enable automatic volume adjustment with MtcdTools

Create Broadcast Intent action with following parameters:

Code:
Intent action: com.microntek.f1x.mtcdautovolume.toggle
Then bind it to the desired keys sequence. Toast message with current status of automatic volume adjustment will be displayed.

02.07.2017: Version 1.0 has been released

If you enjoyed using of the application, you can support my work and Donate to me :eek:.

Best regards,
f1x

diefem

Apr 19, 2008
Dresden
Sounds great! :)

You wrote: Volume level is set in percentage in range <0, 100>%.
I´m a little bit confused. An example: I drive with 50km/h and change the main volume to Level 20. Then i accelerate to 100km/h, volume set to maybe 80% => Volume sets down to Level 16?
Therefore a Question for clarifying: Does that mean there are absolute volume changes (which would not be very useful) or are relative changes?

Best regards
Swen

Last edited:

techo91

Aug 29, 2007
Barcelona
I tried the app and I confirm that it changes absolute levels which indeed is not useful. It would be great if it was just adding percentage to the current volume level. Maybe if there was a toggle to switch between absolute and relative changes and one to switch generally on and off it would be perfect.

vassandrei

Jan 9, 2015
Moscow
Same, the settings are absolute. I honestly would only need to start adding volume in increments of 5 percent at motorway/highway speeds (100km/h and higher) because that's really when road noise starts affecting music

diefem

Apr 19, 2008
Dresden
Yesterday I had also tested the new SDVC-Tool. It behaves exactly as thought. If you decrease or increase the volume it jumps back during llittle speed changes. Absolute volume changes make no sense.
Sorry, but the software is currently unusable. Relative volume changes regard to main volume level is required.

Im not a hacker, but i would try to write down my pretty simplified algorithm ideas for general relative SDVC (with +/-3km Hysteresis to prevent for to often volume changings at speedclass edges):

Code:
definitions / precondition
(
   speedclass [ 30, 60, 90, 120, ... ]   // array with speed edges trigger for example [kmh]
   speedclass indexnumber :=  0  // start with lowest speed trigger
   v_step := 1   // volume change step level
)

main()
{
   while (1)
   {
       if ((current gps speed -2) > content of speedclass indexnumber)   // 3 kmh hysteresis 
       {
            main volume level := main volume level + v_step   // relative increasing main volume
            speedclass indexnumber := speedclass indexnumber +1  
       }
       if ((current gps speed +2) < content of speedclass indexnumber)   // 3 kmh hysteresis
       {
            main volume level := main volume level - v_step   // relative decreasing main volume
            speedclass indexnumber := speedclass indexnumber -1  
       }
   }
}

Best Regards
diefem

Last edited:
Reactions: jairoa and BSfriend

mrbuz

Jan 12, 2006
Moscow
Yes, we need a gps speed based auto volume control app adjusting the manually set volume level. The auto leveling should add or subtract from the level set by user (any level) - this will be a MUST HAVE app on any car stereo!!!

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Yes, we need a gps speed based auto volume control app adjusting the manually set volume level. The auto leveling should add or subtract from the level set by user (any level) - this will be a MUST HAVE app on any car stereo!!!

Search - its already available, there are multiple choices.

Reactions: mrbuz

mrbuz

Jan 12, 2006
Moscow

Regular apps are useless (GPS Volume, Speed Volume, SVC+ etc) because Android doesn't control volume on our devices, MCU does instead, as I have found out after buying/trying everything from GooglePlay...

This one didn't work (surprisingly):
MTCDAutoVolume Current Version : v1.0
App that compensates volume according to speed. No Root Required.
https://xdaforums.com/and...olume-t3630636
https://github.com/f1xpl/MtcdAutoVol...AutoVolume.apk

Will try Gracer's tomorrow and I don't know what else I could try if it doesn't work properly - It has to add or subtract volume depending on speed readings from GPS in a linear manner from the manually set volume as the unadjusted level point.

Last edited:

mrbuz

Jan 12, 2006
Moscow

UPDATE:
I finally can CONFIRM that Graser's app in combination with Exposed does what is expected from auto volume leveling from speed! It works on my Dasaita HotAudio PX5 device. If you have problems upon doing so - check to have an updated MCU and play with the settings a bit (there are just a few but just one wrong can spoil the whole operation).
The volume level adds/subtracts from any manually set volume. Adding and subtracting amounts are preset by user as well as speed steps when to apply volume changes.

THANK YOU DEVELOPERS, THANK YOU!
Now my car is luxurious

PS plus a nice screensaver for my car as well, along the way of getting speed volume...

Attachments

• ffff.jpg
    ffff.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 772
Last edited:

clsbuilder

Aug 24, 2017
UPDATE:
I finally can CONFIRM that Graser's app in combination with Exposed does what is expected from auto volume leveling from speed! It works on my Dasaita HotAudio PX5 device. If you have problems upon doing so - check to have an updated MCU and play with the settings a bit (there are just a few but just one wrong can spoil the whole operation).
The volume level adds/subtracts from any manually set volume. Adding and subtracting amounts are preset by user as well as speed steps when to apply volume changes.

THANK YOU DEVELOPERS, THANK YOU!
Now my car is luxurious

PS plus a nice screensaver for my car as well, along the way of getting speed volume...

Hi, where can I find graser’s app?

ipgoogle

Jan 30, 2018
i have mtcd px5 6.0.1 , i install ( mtcdautovolume 1.1 ) but its not work !! hot to make it work ? thanks

Overmann

Dec 22, 2009
Notes: MTCVolume app sets directly the system volume increments up and down.

Apps that set the relative volume have one problem.

Manually setting the volume removes the relative offset, which means if you want to turn up/down the volume at speed, it suddenly snaps back to the absolute volume level, so it gets a lot quieter. No app seems to be able to set the volume back up without slowing down / speeding up.

bettuccio

Apr 13, 2010
Italy
Notes: MTCVolume app sets directly the system volume increments up and down.

Apps that set the relative volume have one problem.

Manually setting the volume removes the relative offset, which means if you want to turn up/down the volume at speed, it suddenly snaps back to the absolute volume level, so it gets a lot quieter. No app seems to be able to set the volume back up without slowing down / speeding up.

one that works best there is. Here I can not say what it is. With all due respect to the work of the MTCDautovolume developer. It should continue to develop its application.

meazz1

Jan 9, 2011
Auburn, GA
I have a PX3 7.1.2 MTCE_KLD_V2.73_1
can i install this and get it to work? This is one feature I really miss from the stock unit I had.
If not, can anyone one put me in right direction?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MtcdAutoVolume

Install, configure and enjoy

• No root access required
    • No xposed framework needed
    • Automatic startup
    • Volume level is set in percentage in range <0, 100>%.
    • Speed range is <0, 139> Kph or <0, 86> Mph.
    • Generation of volume level in linear manner.
    • Keep music playing while configuring MtcdAutoVolume. Sliding on seekbar will change volume level what gives you preview of volume level settings.

Disable or enable automatic volume adjustment with MtcdTools

Create Broadcast Intent action with following parameters:

Code:
    Intent action: com.microntek.f1x.mtcdautovolume.toggle
    Then bind it to the desired keys sequence. Toast message with current status of automatic volume adjustment will be displayed.

02.07.2017: Version 1.0 has been released

If you enjoyed using of the application, you can support my work and Donate to me :eek:.

Best regards,
    f1x
    Yesterday I had also tested the new SDVC-Tool. It behaves exactly as thought. If you decrease or increase the volume it jumps back during llittle speed changes. Absolute volume changes make no sense.
    Sorry, but the software is currently unusable. Relative volume changes regard to main volume level is required.

Im not a hacker, but i would try to write down my pretty simplified algorithm ideas for general relative SDVC (with +/-3km Hysteresis to prevent for to often volume changings at speedclass edges):

Code:
    definitions / precondition
    (
       speedclass [ 30, 60, 90, 120, ... ]   // array with speed edges trigger for example [kmh]
       speedclass indexnumber :=  0  // start with lowest speed trigger
       v_step := 1   // volume change step level
    )

main()
    {
       while (1)
       {
           if ((current gps speed -2) > content of speedclass indexnumber)   // 3 kmh hysteresis 
           {
                main volume level := main volume level + v_step   // relative increasing main volume
                speedclass indexnumber := speedclass indexnumber +1  
           }
           if ((current gps speed +2) < content of speedclass indexnumber)   // 3 kmh hysteresis
           {
                main volume level := main volume level - v_step   // relative decreasing main volume
                speedclass indexnumber := speedclass indexnumber -1  
           }
       }
    }

Best Regards
    diefem

Hi, where can I find graser’s app?

Ditto. can anyone point the way?

EDIT: I presume it is the one here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72622247&postcount=3
    Hello,

Did you find a solution ?

I had solved it with an alternative Launcher "FCC Launcher". The developer is present on xda and the apk is available on the Play Store. I recommend it.Now I have installed the Hal9k rom which integrated the volume according to the speed.