got it out of emergency download mode with a rubber bandhelp me? haha
its been over a decade since ive rooted a phone. so basically I have no idea what I am doing.
current status phone is in emergency download mode. not sure how to get out of it. I guess wait until the phone dies?
when downloading sugar (I've tried deleting it and redownloading it thinking that I must have made a mistake) when it asks to download drivers. i accept with it following an connection to server error.
I went into windows driver with phone plugged when it wasn't in emergency download mode and selected download driver. driver computer already recommended was already downloaded.
phone also has debugging mode on.
I also tried this a few day ago and was able to into sugar with the phone plugged in and not in emergency download mode, but exited out because thats not what instructions stated. since the phone has been in emergency download mode sugar does not recognize my pvg100. windows chimes accepting the device then shortly after gives the disconnect chime.
again sorry, I am having a problem with I am guessing the drives I am thinking?
I don't understand this step #16. Once that is done replace the B1AMD0D0CV00.mbn in your copy of the firmware with the patched boot.img.Here is a rooting method for the Plam Phone either the US variant or the Vodafone variant this has not been tested or confirmed working on any other device. This root method may break in the future because it is using a tool that isn't designed for the public i tried getting the firehose packaged with the tool to work in other edl flashing tools but was not able to get it working. So this is all we have for now. There is minimal risk in doing this it just has a lot of steps and it requires a pc running windows.
Note: This will wipe your device so anything stored on it will be lost please backup anything important like photos/contacts/etc
- Download and install Sugar QCT from here (Be sure to install the usb drivers as well)
- Included in the zip is the username and password that you will need to use to run the program please do not post it here.
- Boot the device into recovery by turning the device off and then holding the power button until it restarts 3-4 times and boots to recovery
- Select the option to go into emergency download mode
- Now plug the device into your computer and open Sugar QCT
- From the list select pepito/PVG100 (US) or pepito_vdf (Vodafone)
- Now select Upgrade this will download the palms firmware package and flash it to the device
- When it finishes do not close sugar
- Unplug your device and hold the power button for a few minutes so it will restart out of EDL mode, use a rubber band or something to apply pressure to it so you don't have to hold it
- Go to where Sugar QCT is installed (C:\Program Files (x86)\SUGAR QCT_SP_Gotu2\bin\)
- In there you should see a folder called PVG100-xxxx (The x's are your serial number)
- Copy that to your desktop or anywhere else that you like
- In the folder, there should be some random looking mbn files these are actually the firmware files just names are randomized to make using them harder.
- There should be a file called B1AMD0D0CV00.mbn if not look for a file that starts with a B it will be the boot.img
- You will need to push that to an android device and patch it with magisk manager.
- Once that is done replace the B1AMD0D0CV00.mbn in your copy of the firmware with the patched boot.img
- Boot it back into emergency download mode as previously stated
- Close and reopen sugar
- Copy your firmware copy back into C:\Program Files (x86)\SUGAR QCT_SP_Gotu2\bin\ be sure it is the same folder structure
- Now select your model again and then press the upgrade button in sugar this will now flash your modified firmware to the device.
- Once it finishes hold the power button for a few minutes so it will restart out of EDL mode, use a rubber band or something to apply pressure to it so you don't have to hold it
- When it restarts and powers up then go through setting the phone up and install magisk manager and you're rooted.
Thanks to @StormSeeker1 for telling me about holding the power button for a few minutes to get out of EDL previously you had to let the phone die to get out of it which is a pain.
Actually I've waited for like 2 years to root this device. I guess I'll wait for a method that I can follow. I am just over ios. Have been for year haha. I keep lying to myself when I buy an iphone.