[Release] Root the Palm phone

Search This thread

alpha030520

Apr 7, 2022
Ok, I rooted my device. Someone said that you can change APN settings when you root palm. but mine is still unchangable. Did I do wrong while rooting?
Plus, Titanium Backup says I'm not rooted, and my magisk app super user tap can't be touched. But, I removed some verizon apps with adb shell which is normally unremovable.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
How do I check root? Sorry for keep asking..
You can do it using my app: VD INFOS.
Install it, open it, click on "detect root" and select only "simple root check".

alpha030520

Apr 7, 2022
You can do it using my app: VD INFOS.
Install it, open it, click on "detect root" and select only "simple root check".
I asked my problem in other community and realized my rooting was not done. due to the update of magisk, the option is little bit diffrent from the instruction's post date. When I try to install boot.img, there is three options. 1. keep AVB 2.0/dm-verify. 2. keep force enscryption. 3. patch vbmeta on boot image. Each and every option can be chacked or unchacked. Which options do I have to check?

harebear

Apr 12, 2022
So I seem to have messed something up and am not able to boot my pvg100 device ("Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and may not work properly")

When I try to boot into recovery, it fails gives the same error message.

Is it cooked? Anything I can try?

Edit: I've got it back to factory state using a makeshift EDL cable so I am going to give it another try. Not sure what went wrong though...

Edit2: Okay the root issue ended up being an issue mentioned in the thread before: The boot.img needs to be patched on an arm64 system. I patched it on an emulator in my arm64 device and it worked.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022
So I seem to have messed something up and am not able to boot my pvg100 device ("Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and may not work properly")

When I try to boot into recovery, it fails gives the same error message.

Is it cooked? Anything I can try?

Edit: I've got it back to factory state using a makeshift EDL cable so I am going to give it another try. Not sure what went wrong though...

Edit2: Okay the root issue ended up being an issue mentioned in the thread before: The boot.img needs to be patched on an arm64 system. I patched it on an emulator in my arm64 device and it worked.
Hey, I seem to be having the same problem, when I do the steps I get the error you get.
I managed to get the device back by doing the steps until stock firmware is flashed.

I see you're saying it needs to be patched using an arm64 device, could you elaborate on that?
I patched it using a google pixel 4a, which I believe is arm64, but it didn't seem to work, any ideas?

harebear

Apr 12, 2022
Hey, I seem to be having the same problem, when I do the steps I get the error you get.
I managed to get the device back by doing the steps until stock firmware is flashed.

I see you're saying it needs to be patched using an arm64 device, could you elaborate on that?
I patched it using a google pixel 4a, which I believe is arm64, but it didn't seem to work, any ideas?

Hmm not sure, I patched it on an emulator running on my M1 macbook. Magisk should display the architecture when it is patching, so you could double check there!

alpha030520

Apr 7, 2022
Hi, it's me again. It's been a while since I was trying rooting proccess without twrp.
Eventually, I used twrp to root my palm phone and I have another issue...

I tried to install gcam and since I'm not a pro of this, I googled and realized that I have to enable camera2api. So I installed X-plorer for file explore app and edit my build.prop file.

But when I rebooted my device for applying my changed build.prop file, the code I wrote at last line was missing.

I tried a magisk module to enable camera2api but Gcamaotor keeps telling me that camera2api is disabled on my device.

Any advice for this issue? Or, does the palm phone not available for this thing because of hardware limit?

k9doglover

Jun 14, 2022
i failed to get root a few times. i was pushed the PVG100-2A1PUSD. someone said it was not rootable. i downloaded PVG100-2B1PUSD from one of the links here and copied/pasted the content (note the difference in folder names) to the sugar/bin/PVG100-2A1PUSD/xxxxxx directory and managed to get root for upgrading that (of cos, also need to patch the B file)

have installed some apps that come with feature to auto-start on boot, but they would fail to do so. using third party apps that manage startup / autostart apps would see my apps marked as "Boot" but they won't be running upon boot. i guess there is some aggressive power-saving / battery-saving scripts inside since palm only has 800mah battery.

note that i have already gone through the usual stuff - not allowing battery optimization, ensuring there's no setting that stops it from running. there's no allow background or autostart settings in this os. I used SD Maid to make sure all receivers are enabled. i also uninstalled a system app called "AutoKill" through adb hoping that was what's causing the problem, but no , the apps still don't run on boot. i even tried to use Automate and MacroDroid to automate the running of my apps, but both automation apps failed to even run on boot themselves, so - still stuck.

anyway, i am looking for any help in the following possible approaches:

1. Any command I can run in adb (since i have root) to forcefully make my app run on boot? e.g. through crontab?
2. Possible for me to piggyback one of those apps that can run on boot (e.g. a Virtual Keyboard input app, Magisk, Home Launcher)?
3. Is there other custom ROM i can install for pvg100 that would avoid this issue? i googled - didn't find any

any help is appreciated!

lui8801

Jun 6, 2016
Can anyone out there help me over team viewer? Im a stupid old man, I try now for many hour without luck.

cjolson140

Sep 17, 2022
Just got a Palm and trying to root, but can't get past the first step! I can get it into recovery mode and then emergency download mode, but Sugar will only start if the phone is connected and fully booted normally. If it's in recovery mode/emergency download mode, sugar gives the error "No handset connection is detected" and won't get to the login prompt. I'm running windows 10 x64 and the Palm is firmware 3C3M which someone earlier in the thread apparently succeeded in rooting.

cjolson140

Sep 17, 2022
Nevermind, I got it going! However the newest/current firmware it is downloading is 1AMLGFL0, can anyone confirm that this can be rooted? I read on a different thread that it's a verizon locked firmware, is this true?

codemaster256

Apr 26, 2018
Nevermind, I got it going! However the newest/current firmware it is downloading is 1AMLGFL0, can anyone confirm that this can be rooted? I read on a different thread that it's a verizon locked firmware, is this true?
Today, using Sugar, I reflashed to firmware 1AMLGFL0, rutted and installed TWRP. The firmware works fine, I installed Magisk Canary. My SIM card works (Vodafone Ukraine) although my phone version is PVG100 (Verizon)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a rooting method for the Plam Phone either the US variant or the Vodafone variant this has not been tested or confirmed working on any other device. This root method may break in the future because it is using a tool that isn't designed for the public i tried getting the firehose packaged with the tool to work in other edl flashing tools but was not able to get it working. So this is all we have for now. There is minimal risk in doing this it just has a lot of steps and it requires a pc running windows.

Note: This will wipe your device so anything stored on it will be lost please backup anything important like photos/contacts/etc

1. Download and install Sugar QCT from here (Be sure to install the usb drivers as well)
    2. Included in the zip is the username and password that you will need to use to run the program please do not post it here.
    3. Boot the device into recovery by turning the device off and then holding the power button until it restarts 3-4 times and boots to recovery
    4. Select the option to go into emergency download mode
    5. Now plug the device into your computer and open Sugar QCT
    6. From the list select pepito/PVG100 (US) or pepito_vdf (Vodafone)
    7. Now select Upgrade this will download the palms firmware package and flash it to the device
    8. When it finishes do not close sugar
    9. Unplug your device and hold the power button for a few minutes so it will restart out of EDL mode, use a rubber band or something to apply pressure to it so you don't have to hold it
    10. Go to where Sugar QCT is installed (C:\Program Files (x86)\SUGAR QCT_SP_Gotu2\bin\)
    11. In there you should see a folder called PVG100-xxxx (The x's are your serial number)
    12. Copy that to your desktop or anywhere else that you like
    13. In the folder, there should be some random looking mbn files these are actually the firmware files just names are randomized to make using them harder.
    14. There should be a file called B1AMD0D0CV00.mbn if not look for a file that starts with a B it will be the boot.img
    15. You will need to push that to an android device and patch it with magisk manager.
    16. Once that is done replace the B1AMD0D0CV00.mbn in your copy of the firmware with the patched boot.img
    17. Boot it back into emergency download mode as previously stated
    18. Close and reopen sugar
    19. Copy your firmware copy back into C:\Program Files (x86)\SUGAR QCT_SP_Gotu2\bin\ be sure it is the same folder structure
    20. Now select your model again and then press the upgrade button in sugar this will now flash your modified firmware to the device.
    21. Once it finishes hold the power button for a few minutes so it will restart out of EDL mode, use a rubber band or something to apply pressure to it so you don't have to hold it
    22. When it restarts and powers up then go through setting the phone up and install magisk manager and you're rooted.

Thanks to @StormSeeker1 for telling me about holding the power button for a few minutes to get out of EDL previously you had to let the phone die to get out of it which is a pain.
    Good news everyone an easier and permanent root/flash/backup solution will be released soon. As well as source built rom/roms instead of gsi's.
    I boot my pvg100 into emergency, then "Get Version", the process didn't move, and then I unplugged usb cable, now I stuck in emergency mode:crying::crying::crying:

Hold down the power button for a few and it will reboot and then let off. If you need to get back into EDL just hold down the power button until it reboots to recovery normally 4 reboots and then you can go back into EDL.
    Is it possible to dump the radio files from an network unlocked device, and use these files to unlock Verizon network.
    Any other ideas to unlock network?

Current findings:
    1. Remove the Verizon sim warning.
    Simply edit the /vendor/build.prop and modify line "ro.product.vzw=true" to false. However, it has a side effect, causing the contacts in dailer FC while browsering.
    2. Enable diag, serial and QMI
    One method is dialing "###2324#", another approach is launching "EngineerMode" through apps like quickshortcutmaker, then navigate to Connectivity - DiagProtector.
    3. Boot animation path
    /Vendor/JRD_custres/media/
    4. Most garbage apps path
    /Vendor /priv-app/