[Release] UC ROM SDConfig.txt Builder (reborn) [Prikolchik Ed.]

Search This thread

prikolchik

May 3, 2008
Canada
When LennySh had released a UC ROM I was looking for a UC Rom SDConfig.txt builder and found THIS. However, it would not even load on my Windows XP laptop... So i decompiled the program to get the source code, completely redone copy of original interface by hand (God, that was painful) and have seen numerous bugs in the code. I was going to report them to original developer, however seems like he doesn't work on this program anymore. So i decided to take this matter into my own hands and started developing this program further.

SDConfig Builder v0.7.85 PE (released July 16, 2008)

Features:
-- SDConfig.txt builder.
-- reg2xml converter (including special character/Unicode support)
-- xml2cab packer
-- xml preview/edit
-- custom Owner Information to XML
-- a few other things...

Known Bugs: I need your help finding them!!!
NONE known

Things to work on
1. Have to be 10000000% sure reg2xml and owner info generator work correctly. Need testers.
3. Built-in XML editor does not save by itself (but works fine with "Edit XML" button)
5. Have to make window dynamic (so it can go full size)
6. Make suggestions!!

Instructions to use
-- Unpack the archive to any folder
-- Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 installed
-- Run "SDConfig Builder.exe"
-- Read documentation on XML and SDConfig.txt (Click link)
-- Have fun. Report bugs. Ask for new features.

Download (direct link. No wait time!) (250kb): SDConfig.Builder.v0.7.85.PE.rar

NOTE: Original project was started by doedoe and since then almost all of the code has been rewritten by me...
NOTE2: I'm 2nd year computer science student and my experience in .NET programming is limited to 30 hours so please DO NOT expect miracles from me :rolleyes: But I will certainly do what I can...

Last edited:

prikolchik

May 3, 2008
Canada
Change Log:

v0.7.85 PE (July 16, 2008)
-- reg2xml: Fixed MANY bugs thanks to uzziah0 for pointing some of them out!
-- reg2xml: now has Unicode support (non-English characters, i.e. Russian, German, Spanish)

v0.7.8 PE
-- Completely redone "SDConfig" tab interface.
-- Added drag-and-drop feature for adding CABs & XMLs
-- Dag-and-move items in the list
-- Can now open existing SDConfig.txt files!
-- Many other new features...
NOTE: I have only made changes to SDConfig.txt part. Everything else is same as in previous version.

v0.7.21 PE
-- Fixed few SDConfig.txt save file bugs
-- Fixed Owner Info 2 XML bugs. Now works great =)

v0.7.1500.1 PE (Prikolchik Edition)
Bug fixes:
-- reg2xml now understands values that are taking move than 1 line.
-- reg2xml works correctly with hex values and converts them to base 64
-- xml2cab is now working correctly
-- fixed problem with saving SDConfig.txt (was placing '\n' character at the end of every line)
-- removed/added some notification windows
-- many minor fixes
New features:
-- XML-tester/editor. Please use "Edit XML" button on the top right.
-- Unicode reg file support
-- Owner Information generator. Please test it!

v0.6.3456.1PF (PF = prikolchik fix)
now works on WinXP (added workaround)
Added reg2xml feature
Fixed few notification windows
Fixed minor bugs

(everything below by Doedoe)
v0.6
Fixed Tab's at end of lines

v0.5

Fixed missing CABs & XML in output file issue
Fixed source CABs & XML selection issues
Fixed Move Up / Down experiance
Added Select All option in source files

Last edited:

uzziah0

Jan 14, 2008
This looks great, but I'm looking for a little more instructions before I start.

Do I need the CAB files for this to detect, and if so where should they be (on my SD card or PC)?
Do I need to run this so it reads stuff from my Axim?

I'm just looking for a little more details in:

-- Have fun.

because the other thread doesn't include those details either.

prikolchik

May 3, 2008
Canada
This looks great, but I'm looking for a little more instructions before I start.

Do I need the CAB files for this to detect, and if so where should they be (on my SD card or PC)?
Do I need to run this so it reads stuff from my Axim?

I'm just looking for a little more details in:

-- Have fun.

because the other thread doesn't include those details either.

Well, it is all much more simpler than you think =).
You just specify a folder on your computer with CAB files and program will read their filenames. That is what you will be operating with.
Program will not copy, or do anything with cab files, it only read the filenames.
It cannot read anything from your Axim (only the details, or whatever, that were originally made by Doedoe but were not tested by me due to lack of Vista)
The documentations in the link is about SDConfig.txt files. What they are and how they look. There is also information about XML files. That link does NOT have ANY instructions for using SDConfig Builder.

Also, just want to note that in a few days i will release a much better version of SDBuilder which should be much simpler to use.
I dont know if i should create any instructions for it, since it is all very straight forward... But we will see.

prikolchik

May 3, 2008
Canada
any progress on this great software??

I dunno if i even should work on it. 500 downloads and not a single constructive comment. I dont even know what to change or improve... :confused: and if anyone actually finds in useful...

Why would i spend time on something nobody needs, when I can do something else that people actually need :) (non-PDA related)

Last edited:

robpet2

Sep 6, 2006
Virginia
www.myspace.com
this is a great app, its been saving me about 30 mins each time i flash, its good that i can just select the cab files to install just by checking the boxes.. keep up the good work...
not sure what to say on it needs to be improved

Radimus

Dec 1, 2006
Tampa
here is an idea... : if you look at Schap's Advanced config it is all about tweaking and such, but it only allows you to change it manually at runtime

However, if it could make those changes and export to XML/cab file so it could be stored in SDautorun....

asango

Jan 11, 2008
I dunno if i even should work on it. 500 downloads and not a single constructive comment. I dont even know what to change or improve... :confused: and if anyone actually finds in useful...
Why would i spend time on something nobody needs, when I can do something else that people actually need :) (non-PDA related)

Wait, wait!!
I found this software today when I tried to find something that apparently is nowhere to find elsewhere:
What I need is a XML to REG converter.
Your first post is saying that exactly this is integrated since V0.6.3456.1PF:
v0.6.3456.1PF (PF = prikolchik fix)
now works on WinXP (added workaround)
Added xml2reg feature

Only I can't find this XML2REG feature in any version of the software.
Of course a REG2XML conversion is integrated, but not the other way around.

I would be glad if you could tell me how to use this because apart of a Pearl script which needs some libraries which are meanwhile not available for download any more I have found nothing that can handle this conversion.

Thank you very much in advance!

guitarguy

Feb 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I played around with this software for about 5 minutes this morning, and I just wish I had found it a couple of weeks ago before setting up all my UC by hand... Lol... Oh well...

So far looks very good, I'm gonna test it some more and let you know if there's anything that can be improved.

One thing I'd like to see is a list of common reg entries that can be modified, and an xml created. Kind of like a schaps Advanced Config thing, but so that those settings that are chosen are done by the UC, instead of after...

madamada31

May 20, 2006
castries
what i woldn't mind seeing in this software is xml settings for all settings in control pannel... stuff like lights or sounds etc..... thanks in advance thats if u still wanna work on this program

zim2dive

Feb 15, 2007
NC
Silly question.. I've been reading over the various threads related to this.. does this process only work thru a UC compliant ROM.. or can I build a config file and run it after installing any ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    and by god.. u r good at it.. this is a wonderful face lift to the original proggy.. keep it up :D