[Release] UC ROM SDConfig.txt Builder

Search This thread

doedoe

Oct 13, 2006
Following on from the great work Sleuth255 has been doing around UC ROMs, I have joined the party and created a tool which will ease with the creation of the SDConfig.txt files for UC ROMs.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366337

There is a long way to go with this app and I would like the community to guide its development.

Comments and feedback welcomed

Info on AdvancedConfig - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=317070
Info on UC ROMS - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366337
How to make a UC ROM - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366333

Attachments

• SDConfigBuilder-v0.4.zip
    267.7 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

doedoe

Oct 13, 2006
Change Log:

v0.6
Fixed Tab's at end of lines

v0.5

Fixed missing CABs & XML in output file issue
Fixed source CABs & XML selection issues
Fixed Move Up / Down experiance
Added Select All option in source files

Last edited:

debonairone

Mar 26, 2007
I added several files (about 7) to the tool (see attached), but my sdconfig file only shows 3 files to be executed... Looks like this:

LOCK:Enabled
CAB:\Storage Card\Apps\Cabs\PocketCM-0.20b.cab
CAB:\Storage Card\Apps\Cabs\LiveSearch.cab
EXCH:\Storage Card\Apps\Cabs\MyMobile10_70821.exe
LOCK: disabled
RST:Reset

Am I doing something wrong...?

moz-screenshot.jpg

Attachments

• sdconfig.JPG
    sdconfig.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,210

Blar

Aug 12, 2006
LA
nice...

Over all, very nice improvement over your last built. Awesome job and keep up the good work! Here is what I've noticed...

Bugs:

When loading a folder that contains cabs AND additional folders, no cab files are loaded into the left pane (see first attached image).

Also, when you change move up a cab, all of the cabs in between stay selected (see second attached image).

Moving a cab down does not seem to work at all... :confused: The selected cab and the cab below it seem to only trade positions.

These problems should be easy to fix if you're using VB.NET or C#

?:
In the CAB & Copy tab, the convert button for the " convert .reg to .xml" function is not enabled. I don't know if you did this intentionally or not but just wanted make sure that you know:).

Requests:

On the left pane, can you add in a "select all" cabs and a "de-select all" cabs function? I am sure that lots of users have already sorted out the cabs they want into one folder.

Attachments

• err.jpg
    err.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 329
  • up.jpg
    up.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:

doedoe

Oct 13, 2006
All reported issues fixed in v.05 - Please test and report back anyfurther bugs / feature requests.

convert .reg to .xml - feature not ready yet.

doedoe

Oct 13, 2006
is there a way, if not could you add the feature, to import your own text file (previously created) to edit or add more cabs to the sdconfig.txt great prog for a great tool. thanks

Working on this but want to get all of the bugs out of the beast first.

Thinking of making this app flow based, like a wizard...

Mark Crouch

Apr 5, 2006
Bristol
Thinking of making this app flow based, like a wizard...

In that case, make it a selectable interface option (a la WinZip), so that you can start with the "wizard" whilst you're getting used to building your config, then when you're ready to get down and dirty, allow the user to switch into "hardcore" mode :D

Just a thought.....;)

Mark.

Sleuth255

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 3, 2006
Milwaukee
blog.kwilcox.org
@doedoe: looks like various ideosyncracies with spaces/no spaces after different comnads that you might want to code for:

Examples
command with space after: CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\mycab.cab
command with no space: CPY1:\Storage Card\Cabs\mycab.cab

Commands that require no space after the command
CPY1:
CPY2:
HIDE:
Commands that require a space after the command
CAB:
XML:
Commands where space requirement is unknown
LOCK:
RST:

I'm going to code this logic into SDAutoRun eventually.

JoelC

Jun 25, 2006
Tel Aviv
It seems to me, and looking at all the 'ready made' config.txt files in operator ROMs, that if the command has 4 letters eg EXEC:, LOCK: there must NOT be a space after, but if the command has 3 letters eg XML:, CAB: there MUST be a space after.

It has the other advantage of making everything line up nicely if you view using a non-proportional font, something like Courier New :)

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Welcome.not trick is working on ELF.

But it would be great if people could Capture the Registry settings for those HKLM\HARDWARE\\DEVICEMAP\\etc..... TOUCH values before they do choose to skip welcome.

Shouldn't be to hard for you to ad this as an option.

Great work i've been waiting for this.

I don't know how your doing it, this whole building an aplication.

I'm not a developer.

Sleuth255

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 3, 2006
Milwaukee
blog.kwilcox.org
It seems to me, and looking at all the 'ready made' config.txt files in operator ROMs, that if the command has 4 letters eg EXEC:, LOCK: there must NOT be a space after, but if the command has 3 letters eg XML:, CAB: there MUST be a space after.

It has the other advantage of making everything line up nicely if you view using a non-proportional font, something like Courier New :)

Eureka! You may have figured it out! first 4 characters are reserved for the command field, parameter starts at 5th character.

JoelC

Jun 25, 2006
Tel Aviv
If it seems to work, it might be good to mention it in the User thread, possibly in the first post ;) - in the hopes that it may solve some of the problems people are having... building their SDConfig.txt files....

It's a real pity the ROM I'm using isn't UC compliant, I've got lots of plans!!

_Alex_

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 21, 2005
San Jose, CA
Hi DoeDoe,

I recall that sometime last month you posted images for the WinCE SDConfig. I was wondering if you were in any beta stages and/or if you were looking for beta testers?

I think your prototype screenshots were amazing. I'm sure if you created a new thread for this, tons of people would be knocking on your door to give feedback!

cezoom3ux1.bmp
cezoom5gn7.bmp
cezoom4gx8.bmp
cezoom6ol6.bmp

Last edited: