Relock the bootloader

Search This thread

anhoxhrs

Jul 23, 2016
Somewhere on map!
So many people are finding the correct way to lock bootloader so i created this thread.Just firstly be sure that you have downloaded the correct stock rom/firmware for your device otherwise you will be complaining for no wifi and network issue.Just follow this steps and you will successfully relock your bootloader.If any issues just reply i will help.I used fasboot so you can just replace it by mfastboot if you use mfast.Your warranty is still void after relocking,now its your luck if the service center guys check it or not!
1.Download the stock rom/firmware of your device.
2.Extract it and paste its contents in the adb folder.
3.Make sure that usb debugging is on.
4.Now in the adb folder shift+right click and then in the pop click open command window here.
5.Type in the cmd [adb reboot bootloader],you can do this manually also by power down first then power button+volume down.
6.Type [fastboot oem lock begin] it would then say flash stock images etc.
7.Then enter this commands and make sure you get okay after each command or you can just run the bat file uploaded(do put it in the adb folder)
fastboot oem lock begin
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
fastboot oem lock
fastboot reboot
8.Now your device will reboot with no bootloader unlock warning.

Sep 11, 2016
Mumbai
see this

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 2,810
Last edited:

anhoxhrs

Jul 23, 2016
Somewhere on map!
i followed ur method but :crying::crying::crying:
The problem with you is that you have flashed the old version of rom.Download the latest version of your phone rom.This error is caused when for eg. You currently have a rom version 2.0 ,and then try to flash rom 1.0.The bootloader gives an error.So you have to flash version 2.0.And the error imaged.not signed or corrupt is normal.

Sep 11, 2016
Mumbai
The problem with you is that you have flashed the old version of rom.Download the latest version of your phone rom.This error is caused when for eg. You currently have a rom version 2.0 ,and then try to flash rom 1.0.The bootloader gives an error.So you have to flash version 2.0.And the error imaged.not signed or corrupt is normal.
so what should i do now
plzz post the latest firmware

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So many people are finding the correct way to lock bootloader so i created this thread.Just firstly be sure that you have downloaded the correct stock rom/firmware for your device otherwise you will be complaining for no wifi and network issue.Just follow this steps and you will successfully relock your bootloader.If any issues just reply i will help.I used fasboot so you can just replace it by mfastboot if you use mfast.Your warranty is still void after relocking,now its your luck if the service center guys check it or not!
    1.Download the stock rom/firmware of your device.
    2.Extract it and paste its contents in the adb folder.
    3.Make sure that usb debugging is on.
    4.Now in the adb folder shift+right click and then in the pop click open command window here.
    5.Type in the cmd [adb reboot bootloader],you can do this manually also by power down first then power button+volume down.
    6.Type [fastboot oem lock begin] it would then say flash stock images etc.
    7.Then enter this commands and make sure you get okay after each command or you can just run the bat file uploaded(do put it in the adb folder)
    fastboot oem lock begin
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
    fastboot flash oem oem.img
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase customize
    fastboot erase clogo
    fastboot oem lock
    fastboot reboot
    8.Now your device will reboot with no bootloader unlock warning.
    Anything more u want???
    Flash this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1N6dGU7FEXsSjR3QUtsRU1RTVk/viewAnd lock the bootloader with steps on the 1 post.
    But in that my device is not mentioned
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1N6dGU7FEXsSjR3QUtsRU1RTVk/view Just download this on chrome on your pc and flash.
    Will this wipe my phone's data

Yes, the line "erase userdata" does that.
    not a law guy, but moto's policy is against legislation in many countries. manufacturer will still be responsible for anything wrong happening to device's hardware during the first 1-2 years. no manufacturer will be able to question that in court.

In Europe I believe it's still under warranty but it has never been ruled against in the US. If someone goes ahead and unlocks after agreeing to Motorola's policy on unlocking, then they probably deserve whatever happens. Judging by the posts on here, a good 50% of XDA members that own Moto products don't have a clue on how to read simple instructions and safely unlock their phone anyway.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone