• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Relock without MSM Tool

Search This thread

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Is there no easy way to relock the bootloader without using the MSM Tool (which I've never done)? I relocked it in the normal way, fastboot oem lock, but that resulted in a "device is corrupt and will not boot" error. I unlocked it and it's fine, but... I want to re-lock it.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Is there no easy way to relock the bootloader without using the MSM Tool (which I've never done)? I relocked it in the normal way, fastboot oem lock, but that resulted in a "device is corrupt and will not boot" error. I unlocked it and it's fine, but... I want to re-lock it.
On OOS? Run a full local upgrade to whatever your current version is and try again

Reactions: dmarden

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, it was just running stock firmware... Ok, so full local upgrade and try fastboot oem lock again?

Worth a try I guess, thanks!!!

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
The local update is running now, hope it works since the MSM Tool gives me a "failed to start" "because of a side by side configuration" error... lol. Sheesh, never experienced trouble relocking a device before.

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
Try a downgrade rom. This will wipe all in your phone & then re-lock.
The rom must be for your model/region.

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Ok... this is resolved, even if I don't know how. I literally just tried it a third time and it worked. *shrug*

Thanks to those that responded.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-173336.jpg
    Screenshot_20211103-173336.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 40

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On OOS? Run a full local upgrade to whatever your current version is and try again