• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Relock Zenfone8

Search This thread

Fatso

Apr 3, 2006
Wroclaw
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hi, i need to relock my Zenfone 8. Right now it's running newest Beta, but everything is fully operational. Do you have any idea, how to relock?

fastboot oem lock is not working
fastboot oem asus-csc_lk also nothing

Both are giving:
FAILED (remote: Command not supported in default implementation)

Thanks.

Last edited:

HyperCriSiS

Nov 23, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S7
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hi, i need to relock my Zenfone 8. Right now it's running newest Beta, but everything is fully operational. Do you have any idea, how to relock?

fastboot oem lock is not working
fastboot oem asus-csc_lk also nothing

Both are giving:
FAILED (remote: Command not supported in default implementation)

Thanks.
As far as I know, once unlocked, it is not possible no relock again.

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
Asus says it's can't be relocked. At least it was reply to me from their support.

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
Found it (just had to relock to return due to flashing ramdump issue):
  • fastboot oem asus-csc_lk
Hi again. One guy tried this and locked his BL (with followed factory reset).
He has Android 12 (beta 2 I think) and experienced some problems with phone auto-reboot when interent/sim card is active. If SIM is removed then he can use his ZF8.
Do you have same behavior or everything is ok for you?

Hi again. One guy tried this and locked his BL (with followed factory reset).
He has Android 12 (beta 2 I think) and experienced some problems with phone auto-reboot when interent/sim card is active. If SIM is removed then he can use his ZF8.
Do you have same behavior or everything is ok for you?
After re-locking I also went back to Android 12 beta 2. I have not had any SIM or reboot issues AND my ramdump error has not re-appeared.

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
After re-locking I also went back to Android 12 beta 2. I have not had any SIM or reboot issues AND my ramdump error has not re-appeared.
That person replied that those reboots were fixed by re-enabling some previously disabled apps through ADB command. It looks like too many apps were disabled.
It's interesting, will you have any OTA-updates in future or your S/N / IMEI still in blacklist for OTA's ?

That person replied that those reboots were fixed by re-enabling some previously disabled apps through ADB command. It looks like too many apps were disabled.
It's interesting, will you have any OTA-updates in future or your S/N / IMEI still in blacklist for OTA's ?
No OTA; S/N is blacklisted :-( It's fine. You just download the update to storage and the phone will see it and do the update.

Top Liked Posts