Remap Hardware Buttons?

Search This thread

whowatchlist

Nov 18, 2015
hey..you guys know too much about developing n modifying framework that I feel I know nothing. I tried to change my SGS5 Exynos home long press function but there is no setting/option for that anywhere. I just want to change my phone's home long press from Google search to direct voice search. I tried to research that but many xda threads talks about swapping hardware button's function with other button. I don't want to swap any button, I just want it to perform a modified action. can I do that? if yes then please tell me how.
thanks everyone
Did you try wannam xposed for lollipop? Some hardware mapping functions work for the s4 and they should with the s5. If not ask the people who ported note 5 roms to the s4 b/c they changed the mappings to match the newer phones.

Shotg1

Apr 25, 2016
Manila
Im still looking how to remap long press action in home button but still failed anyone who did it now?

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

I already use wanam xposed and remap hardware key. But the problem flashing xposed zip now i cant send sms to anyone. Invalid recipient

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Can anyone please give me link of working xposed zip for stockrom s4 i9505

Im still looking how to remap long press action in home button but still failed anyone who did it now?

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

I already use wanam xposed and remap hardware key. But the problem flashing xposed zip now i cant send sms to anyone. Invalid recipient

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Can anyone please give me link of working xposed zip for stockrom s4 i9505

maybe you should try downloading the apk file from the xposed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.. just found out a temporary workaround..

To make the menu as recents and make the long press as a menu:

Replace key 217 Search to "MENU"

And 139 MENU to APP_SWITCH

Hmmm..
    So I want to remap the hardware buttons, but ran into some issues:
    google searches say to edit the /system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl (for previous galaxy devices), but this file is mysteriously absent on my stock rooted s4.

I tried other files in this /system/usr/keylayout/ folder; atmel_mxt_ts.kl seemed promising in its content:
    Code:
    key 139    MENU
    key 102    HOME
    key 158    BACK
    key 217    SEARCH

Changing these, however, did nothing.

Am I searching in the right place, just in the wrong files? Is there a file chmod permission I might be missing?
    I think there was also a jar file (android.policy.jar?) I'd have to decompile if I wanted to change the long-press actions for these buttons?
    Can I override the double-press home button to do something different than s-voice? (I know I can disable the app itself)

Thanks!
    success disable hardware back button

I finally managed to disable the button. Its in system/usr/generic.kl . Place# infront of key 159 back and reboot. Done.
    Got navigation bar using 3minit setting and mod.

If it works for you hitting the Thanks button will help. Cheers

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Correction. In system/usr/keylayout/generic.kl.

I am on omega v6.0 with 3minit mod.
    where the hell is the 'soft' back button on this phone? so annoying i can't find it! or do i need to use a 3rd party launcher and rid of that stock touchwiz crap...phone is not rooted

You are in the wrong place, bud. Please ask questions like this in the q and a forum. This is a development forum for development related discussion.

And do try to be a tad calmer when posting. There are tons of people who will be happy to help. But the aggressive tone of your post will prevent many people from wanting to assist.

Also...really? Its the arrow to the right of the home button on the bottom right of the phone.

Sent from your phone. You should be careful where you leave that thing.
    I read this whole thread and I didn't see a solution for ^^^

I'm running Cyanogenmod 10.2 and TWRP recovery on a T-Mobile SGS4. I want more customization of these buttons than CM provides. I want to reserve the physical home button for a little-used function, like ^^^.

Simply switching two buttons is easy. I'll post the file to copy to /system/usr/keylayout once I get home from work.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk