Remap search button

Search This thread

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
A day or so ago in one of the Sense 4 development threads, I saw a little guide to remap the search key to the ICS multitasking instead of searching. I googled and dug through the threads but couldn't find anything, if anyone can find that or type out the little guide for me that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA

Leong428

Oct 9, 2010
Manchester, UK
I notice doing this only brings up the old task switcher like the 1 in gingerbread. Is there a different command line to bring up the snazzy ice cream sandwich task switcher?

ChattyMatty

Jan 9, 2012
remapping...

Longshot here but is there a way to remap it to an app? For example short press is search, but long pres launches Chrome app?

uros0104

Dec 20, 2010
Belgrade
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to bump this. Does anyone know how did CM implement the customizable search button? How can I map short press to an app?

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I remember reading (I think in lordclockan's ics) that to be able to fully change it to ics multitasking instead of gingerbread task switcher, changes have to be made in the source code. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's how it was

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, this is what you do -

In /system/usr/keylayout, edit all *.kl files, changing the value of key 217 from "Search" to APP_SWITCH