• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Remi note 8T rooted. "The system has been destroyed".

Search This thread

Sobnet

Jul 14, 2021
Redmi Note 8
Redmi 9
So I have this redmi note 8T(or had it) i rooted it and the something happens and now it doesn't even turn on. It once had a critical message when trying to turn it on that said "Critical system files missing" smthng like that. I was wondering can you flash the default ROM to the phone without it having like a ROM and the capability to go to fast boot. Like there has to be a way how the manufacturers flash their phone without a ROM on it. (Im kinda new to this so sorry if I used the word "ROM" wrongly but I hope it's understandable)

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
So I have this redmi note 8T(or had it) i rooted it and the something happens and now it doesn't even turn on. It once had a critical message when trying to turn it on that said "Critical system files missing" smthng like that. I was wondering can you flash the default ROM to the phone without it having like a ROM and the capability to go to fast boot. Like there has to be a way how the manufacturers flash their phone without a ROM on it. (Im kinda new to this so sorry if I used the word "ROM" wrongly but I hope it's understandable)
Since you rooted that means you have twrp
and i asume the message is : "The system has been destroyed" ???
if so reboot to fastboot : hold "power and Vol-"
then flash VBMETA using :
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
then reinstall TWRP then OFox
then do a clean flash of the rom you want

edit thread title so people who have same problem will find it using search

Attachments

• vbmeta.img
    4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Sobnet

Jul 14, 2021
Redmi Note 8
Redmi 9
Since you rooted that means you have twrp
and i asume the message is : "The system has been destroyed" ???
if so reboot to fastboot : hold "power and Vol-"
then flash VBMETA using :
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
then reinstall TWRP then OFox
then do a clean flash of the rom you want

edit thread title so people who have same problem will find it using search
Yes it was that. But I messed up. I thought I had a redmi note 8 and tried t flash its image. Well yeah now it has the problem of flashing on and the turning off. If found a thread fix it so I will try it when I get home. I'm bit scared bc i need to open the back and short 2 pins. I'm sorry if I explained my problem unclearly. Have a good night/day!!. And other thing I'm scared about is that the phone had got a little bit of water damage so I'm hoping it hasn't affected it.