• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Reminder if you want to opt-out of arbitration (within 30 days of activation)

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
At Reddit (be sure to upvote the author's post there) I saw this and thought it would be a good idea to share here:

ForkThePork
For those who do not want to be bound to Google's arbitration process to settle disputes nor want to lose their right to any class action lawsuits regarding your new devices, don't forget to opt out. You have 30 days from the date of activation of device.
Here is the information on their arbitration policy. Opt out information is listed in number 9: https://support.google.com/store/answer/9427031?hl=en
Here is the direct opt out link from the above policy(you need your device name and serial number): g.co/devicearbitration/optout

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Google sucks... the whole corporation looks like it's going into a flat spin now🤣
The writing's on the wall...
I have zero confidence in Google at this point.
"With Google you're not the customer, you're the product."

Reactions: zymphad

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
Eh, that's nonsense. Arbitration is an opt-IN alternative to litigation, which is only available if both the claimant (you) and the defendant (vendor) agree to use that process.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
All large big brother corporations want way too many agreements!😳
All fine and good until you mess with the wrong bad ass...
images.jpeg

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I'm all for clawing back what is fair. Heck even video influencers are getting tired of their shenanigans.

Boycott them. I am. I never will buy their devices and now anything running on Android 11 or 12.
Google invariably screws up everything they keep "improving".
Now they want to stick you with their failure$ legally. Hell no.

At this point I think a pre 2021 device/OS is a better choice for reliability and functionality.
2020 was the zenith... so far. Any improvements after that came a high cost of lose of functionality, reliability and battery life.
And do send Google feedback and share the wuv...

Reactions: zymphad

Top Liked Posts