Remix OS 2.0 on Ultratablet is Ready to Download.

Search This thread

RemixOS_Cameron

Remix OS Rep
Feb 2, 2016
Guys,

We’re excited to announce that we’ve released Remix OS 2.0 ROM for Ultratablet. The Ultratablet Remix OS 2.0 ROM will be available on your device itself as an OTA update. For those who may still be on Remix OS 1.0, here’re a direction on how you can experience Remix OS 2.0 as well:

A big thanks goes out to our Ultratablet users who have been testing Remix OS 2.0 with us and providing us invaluable feedback for us to work off of. This release for all Ultratablet users couldn’t have been achieved without your passion and support!

Release Note
http://support.jide.com/hc/en-us/articles/217791518

This is a update tutorial.
http://support.jide.com/hc/en-us/articles/218618747

Cheers

Nakebod

Jul 26, 2008
Nijmegen
Can anyone confirm that 5GHz WiFi is working? Or confirm that it is broken :)
My Ultratablet doesn't see my 5GHz only network anymore, I have to switch to 2.4GHz before it works.

Also, is this a final release, or beta? Since there are so many stock apps (Which seemed very promosing!) removed since 1.5.

heavyt

Aug 29, 2011
[QRCODE][/QRCODE]
My Ultratablet doesn't see my 5GHz only network anymore, I have to switch to 2.4GHz before it works.

Also, is this a final release, or beta? Since there are so many stock apps (Which seemed very promosing!) removed since 1.5.
Yes, 5GHz WiFi works. Using it now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-16-00-38-20.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-16-00-38-20.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 923
Last edited:
Apr 12, 2016

5 GHz is working, and even seems faster than before (Is that possible?). However, occasionally (but not frequently) it will "forget" the network and you'll have to re-enter the password again.

Nakebod

Jul 26, 2008
Nijmegen
Hmm okay. So why isn't mine picking up any 5GHz networks..
It's not "not connecting" it is not seeing the networks at all. While other devices at the same time do see the network, of course :)
Guess I can factory reset my Ultratablet and see what happens, but if it isn't needed I would prefer that :p

Edit: Factory reset did not give me the result I was hoping for :(
Did a reset via the OS itself, the other reset via recovery mode. Almost looks like the radio rom isn't flashed properly/complete. Are there system images available to flash?

Last edited:

11wallace11

Oct 17, 2012
POCO M3
Hmm okay. So why isn't mine picking up any 5GHz networks..
It's not "not connecting" it is not seeing the networks at all. While other devices at the same time do see the network, of course :)
Guess I can factory reset my Ultratablet and see what happens, but if it isn't needed I would prefer that :p

Edit: Factory reset did not give me the result I was hoping for :(
Did a reset via the OS itself, the other reset via recovery mode. Almost looks like the radio rom isn't flashed properly/complete. Are there system images available to flash?

I'm also experiencing the same problem. On 1.5 it worked just fine with the same network, but now it only sees the 2.4 one...

tschmid

Feb 17, 2013
@RemixOS_Cameron:
Why there's no Play Store in RemixOS 1.0-2.0 for Ultra Tablets? How can I get the Store? Without Google Play Store this Tablet is useless. Tried Factory Reset, OS Update etc etc nothing

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

libergm

Dec 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 3
5 GHz is working, and even seems faster than before (Is that possible?). However, occasionally (but not frequently) it will "forget" the network and you'll have to re-enter the password again.
Few questions, looked under wifi advanced and didn't see use only 5GHz networks. Also one other stupid question, where is the icon for the power manager app, need to add apps to not stop, like alarm clock app. It shows up under app notifications, but cannot find app to launch it. Otherwise seems pretty stable.

Thanks in advance,
Gary

Apr 12, 2016
Few questions, looked under wifi advanced and didn't see use only 5GHz networks. Also one other stupid question, where is the icon for the power manager app, need to add apps to not stop, like alarm clock app. It shows up under app notifications, but cannot find app to launch it. Otherwise seems pretty stable.

Thanks in advance,
Gary

There is no option to select only 5 GHz networks, and no icon for the power manager app anymore. I agree that the new OS is pretty stable, except for some apps that don't run in proper tablet mode (they launch with phone UIs instead) and a few missing or misplaced features.

By the way, have you checked the transmit range/power for your 5 GHz network on your router? Sometimes it is set on medium or low and it causes some devices (not just Remix or Android in general) to not see it or get a very weak connection.

Nakebod

Jul 26, 2008
Nijmegen
In my case that isn't the case.
My WiFi equipment isn't the problem, it performs pretty well. Full signal strength and speeds up to 35MB/s (Not Mbps) through most of my apartment.
Although it isn't dualband :( It's either 5GHz or 2.4GHz. That's why I noticed it in the first place. Also because my other devices like my phone and chromecast where still connected.

Also noticed something else with the screen. Looks like LCD burn in, except the burn in can change.
Not sure if it can be a software issue, or that it is hardware. I haven't ran RemixOS 1.5, went directly to RemixOS 2.0 preview.

Viewing youtube for a few minutes, or open the browser for a few minutes.
http://m.imgur.com/LGHa7C8
Switch to an app with a dark background, AndChat for example.
http://m.imgur.com/JYgEut3
You can literally read parts of the previous screen. Or see elements like the URL bar in Chrome. About 2 centimeters on each side of the screen.
Having a higher brightness increases the effect.
Switching to other apps eventualy will fade out this issue, but e.g. changing from youtube to Chrome will fade out the youtube elements, but Chrome elements will become visible after a few minutes.
So it's not permanent, but not anything I'd expect.

AmoraRei

Jide Ambassador
Feb 10, 2016
weird it picked up the 5ghz today. might be a bluetooth interference.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

In my case that isn't the case.
My WiFi equipment isn't the problem, it performs pretty well. Full signal strength and speeds up to 35MB/s (Not Mbps) through most of my apartment.
Although it isn't dualband :( It's either 5GHz or 2.4GHz. That's why I noticed it in the first place. Also because my other devices like my phone and chromecast where still connected.

Also noticed something else with the screen. Looks like LCD burn in, except the burn in can change.
Not sure if it can be a software issue, or that it is hardware. I haven't ran RemixOS 1.5, went directly to RemixOS 2.0 preview.

Viewing youtube for a few minutes, or open the browser for a few minutes.
http://m.imgur.com/LGHa7C8
Switch to an app with a dark background, AndChat for example.
http://m.imgur.com/JYgEut3
You can literally read parts of the previous screen. Or see elements like the URL bar in Chrome. About 2 centimeters on each side of the screen.
Having a higher brightness increases the effect.
Switching to other apps eventualy will fade out this issue, but e.g. changing from youtube to Chrome will fade out the youtube elements, but Chrome elements will become visible after a few minutes.
So it's not permanent, but not anything I'd expect.
I use to get burn in when I played this game that had a continuous background and so when I exited the game after 30 minutes to an hour later there was a burn in image of the game on the screen. It went away everytime after I flicked to watching a show or reading, so it never really bothered me.

Your Jide Ambassador is here!!!

RemixOS_Cameron

Remix OS Rep
Feb 2, 2016
You may find this thread helpful.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/remix-os-for-pc/google$20play$20store/remix-os-for-pc/6jsV0ZB8174/BqH5wOaZBAAJ

@RemixOS_Cameron:
Why there's no Play Store in RemixOS 1.0-2.0 for Ultra Tablets? How can I get the Store? Without Google Play Store this Tablet is useless. Tried Factory Reset, OS Update etc etc nothing

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

tschmid

Feb 17, 2013
You may find this thread helpful.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/remix-os-for-pc/google$20play$20store/remix-os-for-pc/6jsV0ZB8174/BqH5wOaZBAAJ
thanks, ive found in the old jide forum a 1.5 image and installed it. my model changed from sk1w to sk1wg and play store was there. now im on 2.0 with play store

Gesendet von meinem REMIX SK1WG mit Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2016
Great, now my tablet can't connect to any 5 GHz networks either. It sees them but as out of range. Just started happening out of nowhere 2 days ago.

Jide, you really need to get your act together. And actually read some of the threads on this site. I see no excuse for so there being so many problems with an OS that has been worked on for about 2 years (because Remix OS already existed before the original Kickstarter).

Top Liked Posts