Remix Os 3.0 Mini

Search This thread

RalphLeal

Sep 25, 2014
When do we get Remix Os with Android 6 for the Mini?
The Remix Os for PC get it, it's free, but i think that is a disrespect whit us ho pay for the mini.

Reactions: diggadugger

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
The apparent problem is that the CPU chip manufacturer doesn't provide drivers for Android 6.0, so Jide can't update.

That's what we get for risking it with a closed, official device instead of buying any compatible device and installing Remix OS as any PC.

This is very similar to what happened with the Microsoft Surface RT. I'm that lucky sometimes.

However, at the moment I'm not sure the update is that necessary. As far as I know, it's pretty much the same thing. And it's not like the OS style has radically changed or improved.

I'm happy for now

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

esteban2305

Feb 26, 2015
Last news

Remix Mini will really update to Marshmallow: :D :victory:
"Mini has a tester version going through it's paces by our testers. It'll be a public OTA update soon."

Screenshot_20160804_161700.png

Tweet: twitter.com/RemixGlobal/status/761110438973018112

Reactions: Nomad1600

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
I think, by a similar message from Jide somewhere else I can't remember, that the tester version for the mini is not Marshmallow. Just a regular update.

Don't get your hopes up. Although I hope I'm wrong!

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

I think, by a similar message from Jide somewhere else I can't remember, that the tester version for the mini is not Marshmallow. Just a regular update.

Don't get your hopes up. Although I hope I'm wrong!

Nomad1600

Jul 18, 2012
"Mini has a tester version going through it's paces by our testers. It'll be a public OTA update soon."

Sorry, but Jide responded to a direct question on this on Facebook that the new update would not be Android 6.0 and blamed Allwinner again as to not supporting 6.0.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Darrylw

Mar 20, 2016
Yeah this is all over Facebook, it's more reliable there as it is coming straight from Jason, there is no Marshmellow in the works right now, just a regular update

AmoraRei

Jide Ambassador
Feb 10, 2016
The SOC inside the mini needs updating in order to handle the changes in Marshmellow. Jide doesn't know or have the coding to the SOC so the only way to get it updated is if Allwinner sends it to them since it is their SOC.

Your Jide Ambassador is here!!!

sirichais

Oct 20, 2010
Google Pixel 4a
The SOC inside the mini needs updating in order to handle the changes in Marshmellow. Jide doesn't know or have the coding to the SOC so the only way to get it updated is if Allwinner sends it to them since it is their SOC.

no reason to waiting Allwinner but Jide need to step in Allwinner like a pro to upgrade to innovator cloud funding like me from kickstarter project. many user support Jide to starup project. Why not hurry do it and mark 1st priorities task.Retain old customer is harder therefore make them happy. do not no action but talk only.

Sent from my SM-T705 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: diggadugger

tailslol

Sep 20, 2015
not gonna happend,jide will not update any of their device sorry. you better buy something else.
the soc they use is just a lost cause how bad it is.
wait Christmas and get a chromebook with android support.
you will have updates from google directly.

Reactions: kenzo1984

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The apparent problem is that the CPU chip manufacturer doesn't provide drivers for Android 6.0, so Jide can't update.

That's what we get for risking it with a closed, official device instead of buying any compatible device and installing Remix OS as any PC.

This is very similar to what happened with the Microsoft Surface RT. I'm that lucky sometimes.

However, at the moment I'm not sure the update is that necessary. As far as I know, it's pretty much the same thing. And it's not like the OS style has radically changed or improved.

I'm happy for now

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    When do we get Remix Os with Android 6 for the Mini?
    The Remix Os for PC get it, it's free, but i think that is a disrespect whit us ho pay for the mini.
    Last news

no reason to waiting Allwinner but Jide need to step in Allwinner like a pro to upgrade to innovator cloud funding like me from kickstarter project. many user support Jide to starup project. Why not hurry do it and mark 1st priorities task.Retain old customer is harder therefore make them happy. do not no action but talk only.

Sent from my SM-T705 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    not gonna happend,jide will not update any of their device sorry. you better buy something else.
    the soc they use is just a lost cause how bad it is.
    wait Christmas and get a chromebook with android support.
    you will have updates from google directly.