Remix OS on Parallels Desktop. RESIDENT MODE (WORKING) WITHOUT USING USB TO BOOT

Search This thread

kaitozaki

Jan 29, 2016
I have been looking around the web but no one has completed the steps to install REMIX OS on PARALLELS

YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY THIS ON AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AS WELL. IT MIGHT WORK.

THIS IS NOT GUEST MODE! YOU ARE ABLE TO SAVE YOUR DATA!

Here are my steps :

1. I'm sure by now everyone has installed Remix OS on their USB so i'll skip to the next part.

2. add new virtual machine.

3. on the bottom right corner "continue without a source".

4. Choose more linux" - other linux kernel 2.6

5. customize settings before installation > continue > hardware > boot order > "tick" external device > "tick" select boot device on startup > external boot device (drop down menu) choose you usb where you installed Remix OS.

6. once it boots up, press tab, type " INSTALL=1 " it will look something like this > CREATE_DATA_IMG=1 INSTALL=1 <

7. You will see your hard drive and sd/mmc.

8. create / modify your hard drive to bootable.

9. Format your hard drive to ext4

10. install grub, do not install grub 2.

11 reboot and close parallels.

12. go into you remix os parallels settings and remove mounted usb. hardware > boot order > "untick" external device > "untick" select boot device on startup > external boot device (drop down menu) choose none.

13. you are now able to save your data.

mine is running at 4gb ram plus 64gb rom memory. no wifi but ethernet is connected, still unable to download stuff after installing google play store,

will be trying out again after a new update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bombo1

Arhitector

Jan 31, 2016
Hi, can some one explain me what I am doing wrong.
On step 6, I can't type anything, because it's suggest me boot any of device.

kaitozaki

Jan 29, 2016

Hi, can some one explain me what I am doing wrong.
On step 6, I can't type anything, because it's suggest me boot any of device.

It should show up on the boot menu, where it shows the the screen to choose guest mode or the other, highlight the other one and press tab, you should see the it stating there press tab.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been looking around the web but no one has completed the steps to install REMIX OS on PARALLELS

YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY THIS ON AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AS WELL. IT MIGHT WORK.

THIS IS NOT GUEST MODE! YOU ARE ABLE TO SAVE YOUR DATA!

Here are my steps :

1. I'm sure by now everyone has installed Remix OS on their USB so i'll skip to the next part.

2. add new virtual machine.

3. on the bottom right corner "continue without a source".

4. Choose more linux" - other linux kernel 2.6

5. customize settings before installation > continue > hardware > boot order > "tick" external device > "tick" select boot device on startup > external boot device (drop down menu) choose you usb where you installed Remix OS.

6. once it boots up, press tab, type " INSTALL=1 " it will look something like this > CREATE_DATA_IMG=1 INSTALL=1 <

7. You will see your hard drive and sd/mmc.

8. create / modify your hard drive to bootable.

9. Format your hard drive to ext4

10. install grub, do not install grub 2.

11 reboot and close parallels.

12. go into you remix os parallels settings and remove mounted usb. hardware > boot order > "untick" external device > "untick" select boot device on startup > external boot device (drop down menu) choose none.

13. you are now able to save your data.

mine is running at 4gb ram plus 64gb rom memory. no wifi but ethernet is connected, still unable to download stuff after installing google play store,

will be trying out again after a new update.