"Remote Mouse for Fire TV" APP (latest v1.08) has stopped working in the Fire-TV 2nd

Search This thread

daign

Sep 3, 2010
didn't work with any of my tablet apps. Like A&E, AMC, Discovery Channel, Discovery Go, Nat Geo TV....

The mouse cursor moves but thats it. Not even the Dpad or other buttons work using both a Nexus 9, Moto X pure and a brand new Fire TV 2.

I've got a bluetooth mouse that the fire-tv can see, going to try that route.

lightykd

Dec 4, 2008
OK, this is odd and ironic but this app just magically stopped working for me. Double taping the Play/Pause button is giving me nothing. On another weird note, I can now have my mouse and wired 360 controller plugged in AND working. :p Whatever, as long as I can use both, I guess...

mikey6283

Jan 7, 2016
Manchester
Mines working fine I'm using 1.0.3 I think? Working on 3 fire sticks & one Amazon fire TV 2 box, sometimes a reboot may help then reopen the app & start it again

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Deanr1977,

how did you manage to obtain the rooted version , i have tried thru my brothers android phone and google play and it only picks up the unrooted version so annoying even though if you go to google play website Rooted version is there. I contacted developer who was not able to help. I only have Android Fire TV. Even mu google account finds the app but says that no android devices are registered . As we know Amazon devices are not classed in Google Play ?

Any advise would be helpful.

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
Deanr1977,

how did you manage to obtain the rooted version , i have tried thru my brothers android phone and google play and it only picks up the unrooted version so annoying even though if you go to google play website Rooted version is there. I contacted developer who was not able to help. I only have Android Fire TV. Even mu google account finds the app but says that no android devices are registered . As we know Amazon devices are not classed in Google Play ?

My mouse toggle for fire tv on 1.0.3 works fine on my non rooted fire sticks & also for my rooted AFTV2, I have sent them via my phone using apps2fire app & also sent using the mouse toggle app as well. Dunno why yours Isn't working? Strange?

Reactions: mikey6283

mikey6283

Jan 7, 2016
Manchester
My mouse toggle for fire tv on 1.0.3 works fine on my non rooted fire sticks & also for my rooted AFTV2, I have sent them via my phone using apps2fire app & also sent using the mouse toggle app as well. Dunno why yours Isn't working? Strange?

I try again , I must be doing something incorrectly, Thanks anyway.

ulises.rodriguez

Sep 28, 2011
I received last week the New 5.0.5 update in my 2nd Gen FireTV BOX, and Mouse-Toggle v1.03 still works flawlessly after the update.

However today my 1st Gen FireTV BOX received the same 5.0.5 update, and the Mouse-Toggle v1.03 APP not work anymore, no mater what I do to make it work.

I already tried Enable and Disable the Mouse Service and also tried switching ADB Debugging Off and then On Again, just to ensured all previous connections are disconnected, without any success.

This is very weird, but this app just magically stopped working for me.

Last edited:

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
I received last week the New 5.0.5 update in my 2nd Gen FireTV BOX, and Mouse-Toggle v1.3 still works flawlessly after the update.

However today my 1st Gen FireTV BOX received the same 5.0.5 update, and the Mouse-Toggle v1.3 APP not work anymore, no mater what I do to make it work.

I already tried Enable and Disable the Mouse Service and also tried switching ADB Debugging Off and then On Again, just to ensured all previous connections are disconnected, without any success.

This is very weird, but this app just magically stopped working for me.
Try rebooting? If not uninstall then reinstall it? Also try changing you're settings In firestarter because now youre on OS5 it can only take one adb device at a time!

ulises.rodriguez

Sep 28, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply!

I also tried an APP that I bought from the Amazon Appstore, called "Fire TV Toggle" v1.03 by OneTechGenious, that apparently is the same APP, but not work at all also after the 5.0.5 update.

I am going to try all your recommendations, and will let you know to all of you, if I can make it work:
- Rebooting the FireTV1 unit.
- Uninstalling and Reinstalling again the APP.
- Changing the settings In the Firestarter APP.

I also noticed that there is a newer version 1.04 of the Mouse-Toggle APP, in the Google Play Store, updated February-19-2016, with some enhancements:

"Updated UI and Fire OS 5 & Fire TV 2015 / 2nd Gen. related improvements"

Anyone has tried this new 1.04 version?

Last edited:

Adit18

Jun 25, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply!

I also tried an APP that I bought from the Amazon Appstore, called "Fire TV Toggle" v1.03 by OneTechGenious, that apparently is the same APP, but not work at all also after the 5.0.5 update.

I am going to try all your recommendations, and will let you know to all of you, if I can make it work:
- Rebooting the FireTV1 unit.
- Uninstalling and Reinstalling again the APP.
- Changing the settings In the Firestarter APP.

I also noticed that there is a newer version 1.04 of the Mouse-Toggle APP, in the Google Play Store, updated February-19-2016, with some enhancements:

"Updated UI and Fire OS 5 & Fire TV 2015 / 2nd Gen. related improvements"

Anyone has tried this new 1.04 version?
any luck ulises.rodriguez?

brojohn777

Feb 7, 2016
fix for non working mouse app

So mine quit working too, But i found a note that suggested turning off "home detection via adb" in firestarter settings. Once i did that my mouse started responding to dbl clicks again.
hope that helps!
brojohn

ulises.rodriguez

Sep 28, 2011
Adit18, Thanks for your concern in wanting to know if I have had any luck with the Mouse Toogle APP.

Now that all my 1st and 2nd Gen. FireTV units (Box + Stick) received the latest 5.0.5 update, I've been experimenting with the Mouse-Toggle APP, and I have noticed something unusual...

The Mouse-Toggle APP works Flawlessly on:

2nd. Gen. FireTVs (BOX), after the 5.05 update. The Mouse-Toggle APP Always Autostarts by itself after a Reboot!

1st. Gen. FireTVs (BOX), after receiving the 5.0.5 Update, and to make it work I was forced to make a Full Factory Reset.

But, Unfortunately, I could not make it to work on none of my 1st. Gen. FireTV Sticks!

I also have noticed that sometimes, only I can make it work, after turning on and off several times ADB, and then launching the APP several times.

But unfortunately, after a reboot, I always have had to repeat the same tedious process over and over again, because the Mouse-Toggle APP never Autostarts by itself!

I am totally aware that now after the 5.0.5 update, the ADB works differently and that only allows one access, so I am not blaming the Mouse-Toggle APP, that is one of the Best and also an Excellent APP for FireTV.

Reactions: Adit18

ulises.rodriguez

Sep 28, 2011
So mine quit working too, But i found a note that suggested turning off "home detection via adb" in firestarter settings. Once i did that my mouse started responding to dbl clicks again.
hope that helps!
brojohn
Thanks for your tip... But it don't worked for me...

Curiously, although the Mouse-Toggle APP, very erratic barely work on my 1st. Gen. FireTV Sticks, the same APP works flawlessly on my others 2nd. Gen* FireTV (BOX) devices.

alexjakcie

Jan 26, 2016
Beijing
Nice Fire TV remote app

I am using the CetusPlay app for controlling the Fire TV and it have the mouse click and it's free! No more paid Mouse Toggle!!!

Last edited:

iostouchdev

Sep 21, 2015
I love it so much

Replying to a 6 month old thread(again) for self promotion of a completely different app? Interesting history of the same along with your friend / co-worker.
alexjakcie post history
Bandusix post history

So 18 messages out of a total of 18 messages total between the 2 users that are basically just blatant misleading promotions with no real helpful contributions. Is this really allowed here?

Last edited:

alexjakcie

Jan 26, 2016
Beijing
Replying to a 6 month old thread(again) for self promotion of a completely different app? Interesting history of the same along with your friend / co-worker.
alexjakcie post history
Bandusix post history

So 18 messages out of a total of 18 messages total between the 2 users that are basically just blatant misleading promotions with no real helpful contributions. Is this really allowed here?

If this app is bad, I would not recommend to you guys, this is not the so called misleading promotion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you have available a version newer than v1.03, even Beta, that I could help to test it, while you finish and release an improved version?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

I also am using this on Gen1 & Gen2 of Amazon Fire Tv & it works perfectly with all my Gen1 Fire TV Sticks but don't work on my Gen2 Amazon Fire Tv Unit? If you need any beta testers I also would like to put myself forward to test this for you? I have Fire Sticks on Gen1 the latest firmware & a Fire Tv main unit on Gen2 which is Rooted, PM me with the beta APK if your intrested in testers. Thanks & good luck with the future releases.

Are you referring to the 'Remote Mouse for Fire TV' app or the 'Mouse Toggle' app? The reason I ask is the latest version of the 'Remote Mouse for Fire TV' app is 1.08.

Regarding the beta: I'll make sure to PM you if I decide to create a beta list for the app. Thanks!
    Deanr1977,

Adit18, Thanks for your concern in wanting to know if I have had any luck with the Mouse Toogle APP.

Now that all my 1st and 2nd Gen. FireTV units (Box + Stick) received the latest 5.0.5 update, I've been experimenting with the Mouse-Toggle APP, and I have noticed something unusual...

The Mouse-Toggle APP works Flawlessly on:

2nd. Gen. FireTVs (BOX), after the 5.05 update. The Mouse-Toggle APP Always Autostarts by itself after a Reboot!

1st. Gen. FireTVs (BOX), after receiving the 5.0.5 Update, and to make it work I was forced to make a Full Factory Reset.

But, Unfortunately, I could not make it to work on none of my 1st. Gen. FireTV Sticks!

I also have noticed that sometimes, only I can make it work, after turning on and off several times ADB, and then launching the APP several times.

But unfortunately, after a reboot, I always have had to repeat the same tedious process over and over again, because the Mouse-Toggle APP never Autostarts by itself!

I am totally aware that now after the 5.0.5 update, the ADB works differently and that only allows one access, so I am not blaming the Mouse-Toggle APP, that is one of the Best and also an Excellent APP for FireTV.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone