Remote Touch Delta 2.0: Quickest remote control + File Transfer app.

Search This thread
Remote+Touch+Gamma.jpg

For all the latest news & details check out
http://t2remotetouch.blogspot.com/

The quickest remote control application to control your computer using your Windows Mobile phone. Really easy to use, powerful and free. Designed with touch screen in mind.

Send and Receive files from your PC and mobile while using Remote Touch. It works in a way that you can Send, Receive and control your PC all at the same time (i.e really fast) !!
There are Click Mode, Overview Mode, Scroll Mode and D-pad for easy navigation.

How does it work ? See it in action.

You Tube Video: Remote Touch Delta Feature Walk-through
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqAc-ZEiv6w

You Tube Video: Using Remote Touch Keyboard Maker to create your own keyboard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8jbt5TQULM

A step by step guide to installing remote touch here:

Installing Remote Touch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ8aR-XIyFQ

# Delta v2.0

* On Screen Display (OSD).
* Internet Browser Osd.
* Configurable Keyboard (Create your own Remote Keyboard !).
* Click Mode Osd.
* Scroll Mode Osd.
* Overview Mode Osd.
* Notification Bar.
* Improved Zoom Quality.
* Keyboard Preview.
* HW Keyboard Support (Updated 11.05.09).

Gamma v1.3 Updates:
+ Proper WM5 Support.
+ Change profiles/quality settings on-the-fly.
+ Faster Landscape / Portrait Rotation.
+ Better Minimize Functionality.
+ No longer Always-on-top.
+ Installs for all Users.

Gamma v1.2 Updates:
+ Landscape + Portrait Orientation support.
+ Minimize Remote Touch. (Only works on some mobiles atm.)
+ Massive Remote Touch Keyboard Upgrade.
+ Scroll Mode Architecture Overhaul.
+ Dual Monitor Support.
+ Improved UI.
+ Various Bug Fixes (Full Screen etc).
+ Removed Feature: HW Keyboard Support.
(Commercial Version also available now.)

Gamma v1.1 Updates:
+ Color scroll mode.
+ Multiple Server Profiles.
+ Start up loading screen.
+ View layers (like Windows Sidebar in vista).
+ Bug Fixes

Gamma v1.0 Updates:
+ File & Clipboard transfer between mobile & PC.
+ Schedule transfer from your PC.
+ D-pad navigation.
+ Hardware keyboard support.
+ Bug Fixes.

Beta2 Updates:
+ Fixed memory usage. Works well now on high resolution phones like HTC Diamond, Touch HD.
+ Use either IP Address (e.g. 1.2.3.4) or DNS Name (e.g johnsmith.no-ip.biz) in the Remote Touch on your Windows mobile.
+ Improved keyboard functionality.

Requirements:
+ Windows Mobile Pocket PC
+ Windows Computer to control.
+ Wifi or internet connection.

Remote Touch is free, but if you like the software and use it, why not donate something ?

Last edited:

Prof.Kamil

Jul 12, 2008
my feeback:
when i run the program for the first time it's not full screen for the top and i need to press (Home) button so the program goes to the background and call itself again to work properly

anyway i liked it and i think with some more developing it'll be fantastic! :)

keep up the good work!

Prof.Kamil

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
I have to say man. I'm very impressed. You've managed to do what LogMeIn has been doing commerically. I love that it's free. :) I for one love the functionality, it is not that attractive in my opinion, but the functionality matters more. I'll be keeping this app.

Kraize

P.S I like your music choice ;)

Koush

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2007
Cool! I did something similar with Omnipresence a while ago (check my signature), but got bored with it, as I do with many of my other projects. :) I actually mean to open source that code as a reference to other developers. Cool stuff nonetheless!

Edit:
What sort of compression algorithms are you using? Are you just sending raw frame buffers, or sending PNGs in sequence? Are you sending the entire screen, or just the portion being viewed?

Remote Touch is my first app for my first WiMo phone.

I made it as I couldn't find anything free that was
fast (fast = quick start up, quick to control). I use it mainly
to control my PC attached to my plasma when watching movies or
listening to music. Also for transferring music across from
my PC without having to connect my HTC Touch every time (so annoying !).

It's a work in progress ... will fix them over time.

@Koush:
I use an algorithm similar to deflate - my own though.
Can definitely improve on it ...

Kainous

Aug 31, 2008
download link from the website is blocked on my ISP. could you upload it to rapidshare?

koven

Sep 10, 2006
Have no menu. pressing home button kills the app, and can't run it again :( hope SR will help

Have no menu. pressing home button kills the app, and can't run it again :( hope SR will help

Can you email me details of your phone ? ([email protected])
I have a feeling the reason you couldn't run it again (or seemed like it) was the old instance was still possibly running on your phone and the new instance was trying to connect but the server was still connected to the old instance.

koven

Sep 10, 2006
killed the instance and no go either.
made a SR and now working but without the menu - home button helps

AlienHairball

Mar 21, 2007
Color me impressed! :)

I've used LogMeIn, RemoteDesktop, etc. to control a desktop from my mobile device and they work, but this just seems a bit faster all around than the others (which I know was the point *grin*).

I tested it connected directly to my PC which of course was fast, but it's very usable over a 3G internet connection as well.

There are certainly bugs to be worked out and refinements to be made, but I'll be following the development closely. Luckily the bug where you get no menu bar isn't a show stopper for me as I have a "home" hardware button that for some reason always fixes the missing menu bar. I'll send in some feature requests to the email address listed. ;)

Thanks for your work on this!

efjay

Nov 18, 2004
Nice but doesnt work in landscape on my Samsung Omnia and in portrait the image looks a bit squeezed.

AlienHairball

Mar 21, 2007
Yeah it doesn't work right in landscape mode which is honestly the best way to see more of the screen IMO.

The looking squeezed problem seems to be related to the fact that you aren't able to select what you view using any sort of set aspect ratio so if you select a long rectangle then it squeezes that region to fit your mobile screen. I suppose that could be useful at times, but I feel we need an option to select a rectangle that already matches the aspect ratio of our mobile screen so what we view may be zoomed, but never has to be distorted (squeezed or stretched.)

koven

Sep 10, 2006
another problem. I can connect using cable but when I try wifi with 192..... or www. (dyndns) the best I can get is black screen (it connects but I can't see the desktop). I've setup my router to leave proper port open but no go. any ideas?

Aspect Ratio.

Yeah it doesn't work right in landscape mode which is honestly the best way to see more of the screen IMO.

The looking squeezed problem seems to be related to the fact that you aren't able to select what you view using any sort of set aspect ratio so if you select a long rectangle then it squeezes that region to fit your mobile screen. I suppose that could be useful at times, but I feel we need an option to select a rectangle that already matches the aspect ratio of our mobile screen so what we view may be zoomed, but never has to be distorted (squeezed or stretched.)

Actually, Remote touch tries to remember the aspect ratio across sessions, which was something I really wanted, so if I zoomed in on something and reconnected, I'd be looking at the same thing and the same zoom level.

To fix the problem your talking about, goto Menu > Reset and it will bring the aspect ratio back to 1:1 with your screen (so useful when you go to landscape mode).