Remove autoupdate Market

Search This thread

mozvatic

Dec 23, 2010
ZAGREB
www.joliman.com
How i can remove autoupdate of market?

I open market and have new version. Then i go on application, uninstall update and have old Market. After some time i have new market again.

New market on my wildfire is very slow and FC, and if i have luck to find something, get error to insufficient disl space or app is not compatible.....

With old Market don't have problems. And i want remove autoupdate of Market..

Please someone...

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
what if I don't have donate version?

Simply put.......... get it, or find a different app with root access to freeze it.

We suggest titanium because its the best at what it does, and is worth every penny to a serial flasher.
That sounds a bit wrong!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

mozvatic

Dec 23, 2010
ZAGREB
www.joliman.com
Titanium don't help me

Titanium don't help me, but:

Root users:
1. Root explorer - goto system/apps (press mount r/w - if don't press that you will get message for read only)
2. delete "market updater" and com.vending... (something like that - file have vending in name)
3. reboot
4. download old market from here, and install
5. reboot
6. check again in system/apps if exists market update (if no exists, than is OK)
7. with titanium backup make market like system app
7. run market :)

Last edited:

antish

Nov 30, 2010

Root users:
1. Root explorer - goto system/apps (press mount r/w - if don't press that you will get message for read only)
2. delete "market updater" and com.vending... (something like that - file have vending in name)
3. reboot
5. reboot
6. check again in system/apps if exists market update (if no exists, than is OK)

How to put market back in system using titanium backup???

henkdv

Oct 3, 2011
Don't just bluntly delete the apk, disable it! From a root shell, enter

pm disable com.android.vending.updater

There, it's "frozen". No need for a paid app, S-Off or whatever. Just root.

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Yeh but not everyone is as fluent as you in adb, damn took me 4 days just to get it setup correctly and now a month later I'm still learning the basics. With TB its a simple long press on the app and freeze but if you don't have adb its a long process installing for first time and then learning the commands.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

henkdv

Oct 3, 2011
4 days to download the SDK and run it? Did you order a new PC in the process?

EDIT: Consider installing ConnectBot or Android Terminal Emulator. That way you don't need adb and the soft keyboard is good enough for the occasional tweak.

Last edited:

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Like i said smartass not everyone is as up to date as you may be, bear in mind that i only bought my first android phone 6 months ago, only found xda 4 months ago and have never really tried to hack anything before except a few games.

It wasn't the downloading that was the problem with adb it was the instructions i was following, they were a little misleading as to where everything should be so as i was getting errors left right and centre so i decided to look further into it and realised i was missing things and a few things weren't in the right place, i never asked for help though mate figured it all out on my own and it's perfect now.

All i'm trying to say is the people having these problems most probably haven't got a clue how to use adb or the terminal for that matter as if they did they probably wouldn't be here asking questions therefore giving them the easiest, quickest possible way to solve there problem is best imo.

cceerrtt

Sep 14, 2010
Don't just bluntly delete the apk, disable it! From a root shell, enter

pm disable com.android.vending.updater

There, it's "frozen". No need for a paid app, S-Off or whatever. Just root.

I tried that but I couldn't update any app from the market when disabled.

EDIT: it is not because of that but after removing market udpates it behaves strange, seems that I am able to install 1 or 2 updates but any successive update fails. I will try to get the log to see what is the problem.

EDIT2: seem to be caused by low memory

Last edited:

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
Like i said smartass not everyone is as up to date as you may be, bear in mind that i only bought my first android phone 6 months ago, only found xda 4 months ago and have never really tried to hack anything before except a few games.

It wasn't the downloading that was the problem with adb it was the instructions i was following, they were a little misleading as to where everything should be so as i was getting errors left right and centre so i decided to look further into it and realised i was missing things and a few things weren't in the right place, i never asked for help though mate figured it all out on my own and it's perfect now.

All i'm trying to say is the people having these problems most probably haven't got a clue how to use adb or the terminal for that matter as if they did they probably wouldn't be here asking questions therefore giving them the easiest, quickest possible way to solve there problem is best imo.

Totally agree. I to this day still have no idea how to use adb or fastboot!!! When I have tried I have failed miserabley lol.

On topic, I personally just deleted market updater from the rom zip before I flash the rom and have no problems with AP updates.

Lol I must be a smarter arse to get away without using sdk, adb or fastboot for so long. :)

sent from my wilderbeast:buzz

cceerrtt

Sep 14, 2010
you do not need to use adb. Just open the terminal emulator and type

Code:
$ su
confirm granding superuser priviledges
prompt should be changed from $ to #
Code:
# pm disable com.android.vending.updater

thats all.
you can restore it similarily using the "pm enable com.android.vending.updater" command.

Reactions: cedriccc

cedriccc

Aug 22, 2011

Code:
$ su
Code:

thats all.
you can restore it similarily using the "pm enable com.android.vending.updater" command.

worked for me :) thanks a lot bud

henkdv

Oct 3, 2011
And I got the idea from The_Complete_Noob
tongue.gif

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Titanium don't help me

Root users:
    3. reboot
    5. reboot
    You're probably completely right about that, sorry for being a "smartass".

Code:
    $ su
    Code:

thats all.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone