Remove /Bypass Lockscreen With Recovery

Daessa

Jan 4, 2021
I wonder if someone could help me. Xiaomi Mi Mix2, android 9. I got a bug with fingerprint installing a gsi port. I failed to log in and decided to delete files locksettings.db, locksettings.db-wal, locksettings.db-shm. I've did it once already and it worked OK, so I deleted them in recovery mode. The system booted, but it's impossible to create neither new pattern key nor pin or password - it shows up "system do not respond" after a while and the screen turns black, and only reboot helps. Clean flash (wiped everything, even the internal storage) didn't help. Restoring from backup didn't help. Tried TWRP and Orange Fox. Pls if any ideas, I appreciate any help.

DenisCerri

Oct 18, 2016
Hi. This method worked flawlessly but now the option of hiding the pattern doesnt work anymore. The pattern stays visible no matter what i have switched to

Android 7.1.1

Micha_Btz

Jul 27, 2012
Are there some tips for android 11, there are no files like pattern or password under /data/system.
Only the file locksettings.db is there and remove this only doesn't work. :-(

2_i

May 22, 2013
I had to go back to an old phone with Android 7.1.1 and already got into the third day of trying different lock patterns to open. I only remembered that the pattern was completely trivial :rolleyes:. This method saved my sanity. Thank you, thank you!

ipernexus

Oct 9, 2012
Roma
Hi.
I have a huawei p10 lite with a pin when start the phone, we dont remember this, but remember all the account Google and huawei password, If we put the sim, mobile data are enabled.
What I can try to do for remove this PIN without lost any file?
Is possible to put recovery without unlock the phone? Like using Linux o something similar? The debug mode is not enabled.

Uluru25

Nov 27, 2016
Worked even on Android 10!

Redmi Note 8T, Custom ROM "MSM Xtended XQ13"

Faced the described issue after an unsuccessful restore from TWRP. :(
Found not all of the mentioned files from OP but then renamed the three files to xxx.old, rebooted and could access again my data. I redefined my password, deleted and redefined the fingerprint and everything seems fine even after a reboot. The system re-created the db-file (see enclosed).

God bless you for that thread!

Attachments

Last edited: