Remove /Bypass Lockscreen With Recovery

Search This thread

Daessa

Jan 4, 2021
I wonder if someone could help me. Xiaomi Mi Mix2, android 9. I got a bug with fingerprint installing a gsi port. I failed to log in and decided to delete files locksettings.db, locksettings.db-wal, locksettings.db-shm. I've did it once already and it worked OK, so I deleted them in recovery mode. The system booted, but it's impossible to create neither new pattern key nor pin or password - it shows up "system do not respond" after a while and the screen turns black, and only reboot helps. Clean flash (wiped everything, even the internal storage) didn't help. Restoring from backup didn't help. Tried TWRP and Orange Fox. Pls if any ideas, I appreciate any help.

DenisCerri

Oct 18, 2016
Hi. This method worked flawlessly but now the option of hiding the pattern doesnt work anymore. The pattern stays visible no matter what i have switched to

Android 7.1.1

Micha_Btz

Jul 27, 2012
Are there some tips for android 11, there are no files like pattern or password under /data/system.
Only the file locksettings.db is there and remove this only doesn't work. :-(

2_i

May 22, 2013
I had to go back to an old phone with Android 7.1.1 and already got into the third day of trying different lock patterns to open. I only remembered that the pattern was completely trivial :rolleyes:. This method saved my sanity. Thank you, thank you!

ipernexus

Oct 9, 2012
Roma
Hi.
I have a huawei p10 lite with a pin when start the phone, we dont remember this, but remember all the account Google and huawei password, If we put the sim, mobile data are enabled.
What I can try to do for remove this PIN without lost any file?
Is possible to put recovery without unlock the phone? Like using Linux o something similar? The debug mode is not enabled.

Uluru25

Nov 27, 2016
Redmi Note 8
Worked even on Android 10!

Redmi Note 8T, Custom ROM "MSM Xtended XQ13"

Faced the described issue after an unsuccessful restore from TWRP. :(
Found not all of the mentioned files from OP but then renamed the three files to xxx.old, rebooted and could access again my data. I redefined my password, deleted and redefined the fingerprint and everything seems fine even after a reboot. The system re-created the db-file (see enclosed).

God bless you for that thread!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210206-153403976 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-153403976 (1).jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

#Rooty_Mikes#

Feb 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
LG G8X ThinQ
Hi. How can I use this? I'd there a guide on how to apply this flash. I haven't done this before and bit of a amateur. If you can offer help I'm happy to pay you. I need access to my old device that I've locked myself out of
Its just a simple universal lock bypass flash that can be applied in TWRP with no special instructions. When you reboot the lock screen will be gone. As long as you know the button combo to boot recovery your good

Borceb

Feb 9, 2020
Its just a simple universal lock bypass flash that can be applied in TWRP with no special instructions. When you reboot the lock screen will be gone. As long as you know the button combo to boot recovery your good
I don't have TWRP installed and I never rooted my phone. Is there any hope?

#Rooty_Mikes#

Feb 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
LG G8X ThinQ
I don't have TWRP installed and I never rooted my phone. Is there any hope?
Maybe, did you by any chance have the development menu unlocked and USB Debugging enabled before it was rebooted?

I have a program for microsoft windows that im pretty sure will unlock it if you feel like trying it. Just trying everything i can think of so you dont have data loss. Send me your email and ill send you a google drive link with a .exe tool

Borceb

Feb 9, 2020
Maybe, did you by any chance have the development menu unlocked and USB Debugging enabled before it was rebooted?

I have a program for microsoft windows that im pretty sure will unlock it if you feel like trying it. Just trying everything i can think of so you dont have data loss. Send me your email and ill send you a google drive link with a .exe tool
I'll have to check re the dev menu and usb debugging mode. Will let you know but I doubt it. It was a stock phone that I never modified.

I'll send you a PM with my email. Thank you so much. If you help me access my phone without losing data I will pay you handsomely my friend

#Rooty_Mikes#

Feb 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
LG G8X ThinQ
I'll have to check re the dev menu and usb debugging mode. Will let you know but I doubt it. It was a stock phone that I never modified.

I'll send you a PM with my email. Thank you so much. If you help me access my phone without losing data I will pay you handsomely my friend
Just glad to help when i can on XDA, good group of men on here with unlimited knowledge...besides I didnt learn this stuff to keep it all to my self lol

Reactions: Borceb

BekaDee

Feb 9, 2018

I am in the same boat as this person. May I have that .exe tool as well? been trying everything with no such luck sofar but really need some of the data off my phone. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

bubbablacksmith

Feb 24, 2017
Thanks OP!

Found my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 in my closer after years of not using it. Decided to charge it up to play with it only to find it was locked to a pattern!
Came across this thread via Google and it was EXACTLY what I needed.

I already had TWRP installed from back then, so it was perfect. Just booted into recovery, deleted those files and voila, no more pass code and I am in!

I really didn't want to factory reset everything as I was curious what I had on this thing. So glad I didn't have to in the end.
Thanks again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Recently when i restored my data using TWRP i faced a problem at lock screen.
    I was not able to unlock my phone with the pin i set Earlier..So after so many attempts i was able to find a solution for that problem.(works with pattern,pin etc)
    650x300x2016-02-01-17.24.56-650x300.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.mMj7EJhi9_.png

Requirements
    -----------------

1. A phone That cant be unlocked witha your Pin/Pattern :p
    2.Any custom recovery installed(TWRP i will say)..Get TWRP from https://twrp.me/Devices/

Steps
    -------

1.Once You installed twrp boot into recovery mode.
    2.Go to advanced>filemanager to acces the files in your phone.
    300x533xTWRP-home.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.X120HbFRU1.png

3.Ggo to the /data/system folder. Scroll down and find the two files with the .key extension. Delete both of them (by tapping on the file and then tapping the �Delete� button). Then, delete all the files containing the word locksettings.

• password.key
    • pattern.key
    • locksettings.db
    • locksettings.db-shm
    • locksettings.db-wal
    300x533xTWRP-pinreset1.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ghmGs8Z_4t.png

Once you�ve deleted all the key and locksettings files, reboot your system. If it asks you to install SuperSU, choose �Do Not Install�.

Once Android starts, your lock screen should appear, with no PIN or password prompt. Unlock your phone (yay!) :highfive: :fingers-crossed: and head to Android�s Settings. Scroll down and go to Security > Screen Lock. From there, you can choose a new PIN or password to lock your phone.

Hope this helped you..Hot Thanks if this was helpful :)
    suddenly my phone (G4 H815 lineage ) can't be unlocked (see attachment)

I tried it with but it didn't worked for me...
    any Idea?
    Dirty flash the ROM again..
    Basically problem with the ROM..All we do according to this thread is delete the file containing lock settings....See whether problem remains after dirty flashing
    Great solutions brother.. how user use CWM or PHILZTOUCH?

I didnt tried it yet..I guess the process is same for all...why don't you give a shot and confirm..
    Cheers
    you are just the best..! just saved me a wipe
    dirty flash doen't work
    when I delete only:

gatekeeper.password.key
    gatekeeper.pattern.key

I can get in again, but I can't set a new lockscreen...

when I delete also:

locksettings.db
    locksettings.db-shm
    locksettings.db-wal

I can't get in anymore...

only wiping data, cache and dalvik works (clean flash)
    -
    could this be a problem with system profile settings?
    (disable lockscreen when wifi is connected)

Nope I don't guess so...didn't faced a problem like this..I would say report it to original developer of ROM ... I tried this method on almost 8 ROMs and all went well
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone