Remove FRP lock with fastboot?

Search This thread

hrstoyanov

Dec 20, 2016
Hi all,
As a result of some attempts to restore stock rom for KIWI-UL00. I ended up in a pretty bad state :(:

1. The phone reboots perpetually.

2. Putting a 64gb sd card with stock rom gets the recovery to 5% and then phone gets into the reboots cycle. I actually do not know if the dload/UPDATE.APP is being picked up or the wrong boot flashed in is kicking in.

3. The phone is unlocked, but as a result of the flashing I got FRP lock??? Here is what I see in fastboot mode on the phone screen:
PHONE is Unlocked
FRP Lock

4. Any attempt to flash in a new BOOT, SYSTEM or RECOVERY with fastboot ends up with error:
./fastboot flash recovery ~/Downloads/split_updata.pl/kiw_ul00_B239_Unicom/RECOVERY.img
target reported max download size of 266338304 bytes
sending 'recovery' (55968 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.768s]
writing 'recovery'...
ERROR: usb_read failed with status e00002e8
FAILED (status read failed (Undefined error: 0))

finished. total time: 1.769s

My thinking is that FRP lock is causing denying fastboot, but have no idea how to remove it. Without being able to flash in the correct stock recovery, I don't think I will be able to install the stock rom ever.

There are a lot of stuff written about FRP lock out there, but they assume working phone. In my case, I only have access to fastboot, not even adb!

Any ideas appreciated,
Thanks.

Dafriss

Oct 20, 2016
Dokkum
But u still can get it into fastboot right? Isnt it possible to use adb then to root it and put twrp on it and after that put custom firmware on it to get it booted up properly again. And after that installing a stock image again?

hrstoyanov

Dec 20, 2016
But u still can get it into fastboot right? Isnt it possible to use adb then to root it and put twrp on it and after that put custom firmware on it to get it booted up properly again. And after that installing a stock image again?

fastboot has very limited capabilities (I guess because of the FRP lock?) Some commands work, like this:
./fastboot oem get-bootinfo
(bootloader) *******************************************

(bootloader) Bootloader Lock State: UNLOCKED

(bootloader) Root State: ROOT

(bootloader) Bootloader WidevineKey: WidevineKey_VALID
(bootloader) System State: Bootloader in UNLOCKED state
(bootloader) Bootloader Version: 001.001.000

OKAY [ 0.011s]
finished. total time: 0.011s

but other like erase or flash fail with the same error.

Do you know how to use ADB when the device is in fastboot mode? I currently get this:
./adb devices
List of devices attached

My thinking is that in order for DB to work the device need to be put in recovery mode, something I cannot achieve.

The only other mode i can put the phone in is by holding the UP and POWER it gets into something that has "eRecovery", but the rest is all in Chinese . There are 3 menus you can select with the volume and power (no screen touch). The first one leads to wifi discovery and but nothing after that. The other two top level menus lead to restart - again they are in Chinese, not sure what they do.

Dafriss

Oct 20, 2016
Dokkum
fastboot has very limited capabilities (I guess because of the FRP lock?) Some commands work, like this:
./fastboot oem get-bootinfo

(bootloader) Bootloader Lock State: UNLOCKED

(bootloader) Root State: ROOT

(bootloader) Bootloader WidevineKey: WidevineKey_VALID
(bootloader) System State: Bootloader in UNLOCKED state
(bootloader) Bootloader Version: 001.001.000

OKAY [ 0.011s]
finished. total time: 0.011s
but other like erase or flash fail with the same error.

Do you know how to use ADB when the device is in fastboot mode? I currently get this:
./adb devices
List of devices attached

My thinking is that in order for DB to work the device need to be put in recovery mode, something I cannot achieve.

The only other mode i can put the phone in is by holding the UP and POWER it gets into something that has "eRecovery", but the rest is all in Chinese . There are 3 menus you can select with the volume and power (no screen touch). The first one leads to wifi discovery and but nothing after that. The other two top level menus lead to restart - again they are in Chinese, not sure what they do.

Isnt eRcovery from EMUI itself to save bricked phones? Like booting in new software or something? Maybe there are some video's about it on youtube???

I had some sort of the same issue but never had problems with frp lock before, i actually used a video from xda to get my honor 5x working again. I'll look for the link so you can see if the same steps work for you!

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Maybe thid will work when you make a walk around the rebooting parts

hrstoyanov

Dec 20, 2016
Isnt eRcovery from EMUI itself to save bricked phones? Like booting in new software or something? Maybe there are some video's about it on youtube???

I had some sort of the same issue but never had problems with frp lock before, i actually used a video from xda to get my honor 5x working again. I'll look for the link so you can see if the same steps work for you!

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Maybe thid will work when you make a walk around the rebooting parts

I saw the video, thanks. However, as you noticed in the video, not only phones boot ok, but when in fastboot mode, his phone reads:
Phone Unlocked
FRP Unlocked

When FRP is unlocked you can do all sorts of things with fastboot. I am not that lucky :crying:

thilak devraj

Jun 12, 2016
bangalore
I saw the video, thanks. However, as you noticed in the video, not only phones boot ok, but when in fastboot mode, his phone reads:
Phone Unlocked
FRP Unlocked

When FRP is unlocked you can do all sorts of things with fastboot. I am not that lucky :crying:

relax buddy, try dload method with any other version of stock firmware,

and if it doesnt help,
first find a rollback update.app package for your particular variant, first flash it
then , go back to lollipop firmware with the same dload method,.
you should be booted to lollipop firmware,
than, go on to developer options and enable oem unlock option

start from there..

hrstoyanov

Dec 20, 2016
relax buddy, try dload method with any other version of stock firmware,

and if it doesnt help,
first find a rollback update.app package for your particular variant, first flash it
then , go back to lollipop firmware with the same dload method,.
you should be booted to lollipop firmware,
than, go on to developer options and enable oem unlock option

start from there..

The problem is that the "dload/update.app on sdcard" method only works if the phone has stock recovery and I blew that one off.
In order to flash in the stock recovery, i need the FRP lock removed, otherwise fastboot gives me the above errors . See my problem?

the eRecovery seems more hopeful. But is all in Chinese. I got to the first step where it finds my wireless network. I put the password for the WIFI
and it starts doing omething, but fails with big red exclamation mark and tones of thing written in chinese...

thilak devraj

Jun 12, 2016
bangalore
The problem is that the "dload/update.app on sdcard" method only works if the phone has stock recovery and I blew that one off.
In order to flash in the stock recovery, i need the FRP lock removed, otherwise fastboot gives me the above errors . See my problem?

the eRecovery seems more hopeful. But is all in Chinese. I got to the first step where it finds my wireless network. I put the password for the WIFI
and it starts doing omething, but fails with big red exclamation mark and tones of thing written in chinese...

how could you actually blow up recovery dude??:confused:

hrstoyanov

Dec 20, 2016
how could you actually blow up recovery dude??:confused:

I think I flashed in the wrong HUAWEI recovery image - I used the latest stock rom for KIWI-L24, but my phone is KIWI-UL00.
I would love to be able to put the right one in, but the FRP Lock issue is preventing me. I don't understand how can the phone be unlocked but have a FRP lock??? See the FASTBOOT commands I used in earlier in this thread.

rexaze

Mar 3, 2013
Cheras
I think I flashed in the wrong HUAWEI recovery image - I used the latest stock rom for KIWI-L24, but my phone is KIWI-UL00.
I would love to be able to put the right one in, but the FRP Lock issue is preventing me. I don't understand how can the phone be unlocked but have a FRP lock??? See the FASTBOOT commands I used in earlier in this thread.

I'm having the same problem since 4months ago. Fed up of trying myself anymore so I Brought it to many phone shops but no one can repair. Might want to consider replacing the Mother board. anyone with solution pls help! Stupid FRP locked

Reactions: kulprit3.0

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

I'm having the same problem since 4months ago. Fed up of trying myself anymore so I Brought it to many phone shops but no one can repair. Might want to consider replacing the Mother board. anyone with solution pls help! Stupid FRP locked

FRP Lock occurs when the phone has a firmware mismatch and or oem unlocking is not on in developer options

maxprzemo

Jan 6, 2013
Ostrów Wielkopolski
From aboot.img

nzllzt.jpg[

Code:
fastboot oem frp-unlock
or
fastboot oem frp-erase
try if it works

Reactions: Gustl117

lukedunk

Aug 2, 2010
Honolulu
2. Putting a 64gb sd card with stock rom gets the recovery to 5% and then phone gets into the reboots cycle. I actually do not know if the dload/UPDATE.APP is being picked up or the wrong boot flashed in is kicking in.

.[/QUOTE]

This part of your post makes it sound like at least one part of recovery is still functioning. (I think there are 2 recoveries on the 5x, but I don't know the details).

I also had the "stuck at 5%" problem when trying to use the "dload" method. Here was my experience:

1) Using 64gb SD card (Class 10 or something fancy)
I was never able to do a stock recovery. Despite many tries after reformatting the card, recovery process always terminated at approximately 5% ending in a reboot without applying the update (which in your case would probably be a bootloop since the existing system is bad).

2) Using 8gb SD card (An old card, class 2)
This worked the first time. I was literally about ready to throw this phone away and send an angry message to Honor, and only tried this out of desperation. I've used it multiple times since, and dload recovery always works with this card.

My conclusion was that this phone cannot seem to read all SD cards properly. I'm not sure if the problem is capacity (over 32gb??), speed class, or brand. Try another card and it may save you. To be safe, it's probably best to be a smaller size, lower speed class card.

Gustl117

Jun 26, 2017

This part of your post makes it sound like at least one part of recovery is still functioning. (I think there are 2 recoveries on the 5x, but I don't know the details).

I also had the "stuck at 5%" problem when trying to use the "dload" method. Here was my experience:

1) Using 64gb SD card (Class 10 or something fancy)
I was never able to do a stock recovery. Despite many tries after reformatting the card, recovery process always terminated at approximately 5% ending in a reboot without applying the update (which in your case would probably be a bootloop since the existing system is bad).

2) Using 8gb SD card (An old card, class 2)
This worked the first time. I was literally about ready to throw this phone away and send an angry message to Honor, and only tried this out of desperation. I've used it multiple times since, and dload recovery always works with this card.

My conclusion was that this phone cannot seem to read all SD cards properly. I'm not sure if the problem is capacity (over 32gb??), speed class, or brand. Try another card and it may save you. To be safe, it's probably best to be a smaller size, lower speed class card.[/QUOTE]
this might be one of my chances.. i trieda 32gig card.. so ill try a 8gig.. if this works im gonna kiss all of you guys.. looking for a solution sincetwo days.. with a hour sleepbreak..:eek:. thnks for the tip for themoment.

Sent from my HUAWEI HUAWEI GRA-L09 using XDA Labs

Morphine1

Sep 23, 2014
Andalusia.
Hello!! sorry for the bump, but I have exactly the same problem. Bootloader unlock, but FRP LOCK

Phone is bricked.

Updateapp fails to install at 5%

Any solution? Totally stuck.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

From aboot.img

nzllzt.jpg[

Code:
fastboot oem frp-unlock
or
fastboot oem frp-erase
try if it works

what's this about? aboot?

donschmidto

Sep 24, 2008
Frankfurt
From aboot.img

nzllzt.jpg[

Code:
fastboot oem frp-unlock
or
fastboot oem frp-erase
try if it works

I am having the same problem (boot = unlocked, frp = lock) and here's what I get from those commands:

-----------------------
D:\_TEMP\Portables\ADB Tools>fastboot oem frp-unlock
FAILED (remote: oem_frp_check_password failed! Error = -1)
finished. total time: 0.013s
-----------------------

Whatever the FRP-Check Password is, I don't have it. I tried the OEM unlocker Code as well as the (former) google password (ok, just a stupid try).

gopinaidu77

Jan 23, 2015
From aboot.img

I am having the same problem (boot = unlocked, frp = lock) and here's what I get from those commands:

-----------------------
D:\_TEMP\Portables\ADB Tools>fastboot oem frp-unlock
FAILED (remote: oem_frp_check_password failed! Error = -1)
finished. total time: 0.013s
-----------------------

Whatever the FRP-Check Password is, I don't have it. I tried the OEM unlocker Code as well as the (former) google password (ok, just a stupid try).
Relock bootloader and unlock again. This way u can unlock frp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have you tried booting up TWRP from download mode and see if that works?

Fastboot boot TWRP.img

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
    From aboot.img

nzllzt.jpg[

Code:
    fastboot oem frp-unlock
    or
    fastboot oem frp-erase
    try if it works
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone