Remove lock or enable usb debugging on non-rooted phone (Read data inside a locked phone)?

Search This thread

zhuangah

Apr 18, 2021
So i forgot the PIN number on my old phone which was not rooted, had no recovery software (Cwm, Xrec, etc.) installed on it, and has usb debugging and auto-mount disabled. We don't know the google account associated with the phone. Basically all I have is the phone and a usb cable. Is there a way to get the user data out of it? Adb won't recognise the device btw. I do apologise if it's a stupid question. The phone automatically connected to the wifi, and I'm on Linux, if that helps. But I managed to get into recovery but adb only recognises the device in sideload mode. The files inside the phone is extremely important to me because it contain photo of my family member that were passed away.

Phone: Vivo V7 Plus

I wanted to try brute-force the PIN with program but unfortuntely the phone will cool down for 7000 second (3hours+)

jwoegerbauer

• Jul 11, 2009
    European Union
    A phone typically knows of 2 USB modes: ADB & MTP. If MTP mode was enabled and phone supports a USB-C connection then it should be possible to fetch the user-data you're interested in.

zhuangah

Apr 18, 2021
    A phone typically knows of 2 USB modes: ADB & MTP. If MTP mode was enabled and phone supports a USB-C connection then it should be possible to fetch the user-data you're interested in.
    Hi, first of all thanks for your respond. In order to enable MTP i need to have the phone unlock right? how can i enable MTP if the phone is locked ?

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone