How To Guide Remove NavBar Gesture Pill (and more) for Pixel 6 Pro

Search This thread

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Fabricated crashes when selecting Android system, I am rooted aswell. Does anyone have a fix? If it's relevant, I am on Android 12L, derpfest rom
Maybe you should try flashing the latest release : 1.1.0. It's only two weeks old so probably more up to date! If it crashes, you can file an issue on the developer's github page, which I have linked in the OP. Good luck!

Reactions: Lughnasadh

nick491

How To Hide Navigation bar completely ( To support 3rd party navigation apps )

1. Change navigation to 3 button navigation in Setting --> System --> Gestures --> System navigation

2. Install navigation app ( e.g Fluid navigation gestures or vivid navigation gestures ) and enable and configure it before rebooting the device

3. Flash below magisk module and reboot the device

Now you can use your favourite navigation apps like Fluid navigation gestures or vivid navigation gestures app
Thanks for the great advice. ProtonAOSP ROM wasn't working with hiding the navbar after Jan. Picked up the Vivid Nav one and the module you shared helped without a hitch.

Thanks again

Reactions: JumboMan

Gymcode

Jan 21, 2019
Is it just me or the APK can't be installed? https://github.com/zacharee/FabricateOverlay/releases/tag/1.0.2

It says There was a problem while parsing the package.

*I downloaded it from both my Pixel 5 Chrome browser, and also my PC's browser

Screenshot_20220516-004417.png

Last edited:

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I faced the same issue with the latest release too.

I'm not sure if the package is corrupted, or something actually 'blocked' it during my download. Very weird.

Is it possible to test putting a zipped version here, and I will try downloading it?

Let me know if it worked!

Attachments

• version 1.1.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 153
Reactions: Lughnasadh

SeMmyT

May 26, 2022
How To Hide Navigation bar completely ( To support 3rd party navigation apps )

1. Change navigation to 3 button navigation in Setting --> System --> Gestures --> System navigation

2. Install navigation app ( e.g Fluid navigation gestures or vivid navigation gestures ) and enable and configure it before flashing magisk module

3. Flash below magisk module and reboot the device

Now you can use your favourite navigation apps like Fluid navigation gestures or vivid navigation gestures app
Thank you a lot for this workaround!
Have been using your module since day one after I got pixel:)
Just wanted to report a weird behavior: when the navigation bar is hidden this way - the default camera app takes at least 3 seconds to change the mods. Pin pointed the issue after going into a safe mode and enabling everything back again - the issue disappears while using "gestures" with navigation bar. I'm using FNG. Will provide any logs needed if it will help to fix the bug:[

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thank you a lot for this workaround!
Have been using your module since day one after I got pixel:)
Just wanted to report a weird behavior: when the navigation bar is hidden this way - the default camera app takes at least 3 seconds to change the mods. Pin pointed the issue after going into a safe mode and enabling everything back again - the issue disappears while using "gestures" with navigation bar. I'm using FNG. Will provide any logs needed if it will help to fix the bug:[
That is a known bug if you zero out the navbar. If you are on 6 pro, may update, you are welcome to try this.

Attachments

• NavbarGone.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 210
Reactions: SeMmyT

SeMmyT

May 26, 2022
Then you should flash this one..... firmware specific. While it would probably have worked, best to use Pixel 6 specific.
Good afternoon again.
I just noticed that you're the developer of the module you've linked. Thank you so much for your work!
After the update to the June's firmware the workaround you've created unfortunately gives a bootloop. Is there's a way to share some kind of log to trace the issue?

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Reactions: SeMmyT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: This only works if you are rooted now, since the January 2022 patch.

Hi guys, I've seen several posts asking how to remove the Gesture Pill. It's easy if you're rooted, but it's also possible if you're not rooted.
    Here is a step by step guide. There is also a huge amount of UI mods that can be made using the same method.

1. Download the Shizuku app from the Playstore
    2. Start the Shizuku app by running the following adb command:
    adb shell sh /sdcard/Android/data/moe.shizuku.privileged.api/start.sh
    3. Download and install FabricateOverlay release from Github.
    4. In FabricateOverlay click “Add Overlay”
    5. Choose Android System
    6. Click “Add”
    7. Set “android:dimen/navigation_bar_height” to 1. Apply. Save. Tick.
    8. Set “android:dimen/navigation_bar_frame_height” to 0. Apply. Save. Tick.
    9. Enjoy!

Let me know in the thread if anything is unclear.

Thanks to @squee666 for an alternative solution that does not affect the keyboard! Try it out!

Credits:
    Zachary Wander for the FabricateOverlay app and the instructions.
    RikkaW for the Shizuku Api.
    MishaalRahman, Quinny898 and various Redditors (especially LankeeM9 and audie-tron171) for the relevant settings.
    i think the other question is what kind of other good tips/tricks can be done with this apps?
    Hi, some people on reddit have compiled a spreadsheet. It is incomplete but it's a start: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n3-EbZWS18TzDErelJIB_1lPLtih7eJ5VVx0djHOIFs/edit#gid=0

https://www.reddit.com/r/android_beta/comments/qjwcqf
    Alternatively, if you are not in too much hurry, I am currently trying to write an app that will make the non-root tweaks easier.
    @StrangerWeather

From Reddit
    Somehow I managed to hide the navigation bar while KEEP the keyboard gaps.

#Android system

set "navigation_bar_height" to 1 px.

set "navigation_bar_height_landscape" to 1 px.

save then enable.

Edit: set to 1 px instead of 0 to fix the camera lag issue then switching modes.

#System UI

set "navigation_home_handle_dark_color" to 00000000. (only the first 2 hex matters, 0x00rrggbb for 0% opacity)

set "navigation_home_handle_light_color" to 00000000.

save then enable.

after activating the layout, switch light/dark theme to make it actually take effects.

Using this now works perfect also fabric overlay a right battery drain when actively using
    Hi guys, is anyone interested in an app that makes the overlays a bit simpler? You would still need to install and start Shizuku, but then you could do a bit of theming without root. I have almost finished making an app that allows you to change a few colours without root using a colour picker. For instance, the Material You colours and the drawer colours. I made it for fun but I can share it. If people are interested, I can gradually add more features. Let me know and no worries if not, I know this will probably only interest those of you who are not using a third party launcher in any case. ;-)

Link to new thread here: https://xdaforums.com/t/non-root-mods-rootless-ui-mods.4366697/
    But there seems to be one down-side ... when you enable the overlay the Google keyboard does not longer show the "down" marker to make the keyboard disappear. The android:dimen/navigation_bar_frame_height (0) is causing that. See attached 2 screenshots. First one is without overlay enabled, second one has overlay enabled. Notice how the little downward pointing arrow is gone on the second one.