Any update? It should work if you used the correct hexidecimals.Ok. I think I did it. I extracted the "telephony-common.jar" file from system/framework. I used 7zip to open it and took the classes.dex file out. I placed the classes.dex file into my smali/baksmali folder, decomplied, changed the above line of code in the manner indicated, recompiled.... I opened telephony-common.jar back up (confirmed that classes.dex was not present), copied the newly updated classes.dex file into telephony-common.jar. I placed it into a folder on the device. Using the app Root Explorer I had two tabs open and deleted the original telephony-common.jar file and immediately copy/pasted the new one in it's place. Just to be sure it worked I extracted the classes.dex file again and decompiled it to confirm.
I'll test it out tomorrow with a mass text to all of my sub-contractors. If it works - I'll edit/post the detailed instructions on the first post in this thread.