Replace poco f2 camera with redmi k30 pro zoom camera

Search This thread

Andrea900

Apr 14, 2015
Here's my xml for GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5, all lenses work fine for photos.

Haven't been able to unlock bootloader, impossible to associate device with account.. Even tried a new SIM. Maybe modding the device like this actually breaks the process. Has anybody that replaced the camera on the Poco been able to unlock bootloader after the fact?
Just in time!
Thanks a lot, I modded my device yesterday.
The mod works like a charm (I have the 6/128 version), and the Safetynet test continues to pass because my props are still the same, thanks to the MagiskHide Props module.
The stock camera, instead, shoots photos with the "K30 Pro Zoom" watermark 😂.

By the way, I got it.
You must revert your hw mod before unlocking, it's extremely important, because they cannot recognize your device.

Grantius

Sep 6, 2013
Just in time!
Thanks a lot, I modded my device yesterday.
The mod works like a charm (I have the 6/128 version), and the Safetynet test continues to pass because my props are still the same, thanks to the MagiskHide Props module.
The stock camera, instead, shoots photos with the "K30 Pro Zoom" watermark 😂.

By the way, I got it.
You must revert your hw mod before unlocking, it's extremely important, because they cannot recognize your device.
Aww man. I was hoping to avoid that.

Ximo F. Verde

Jan 12, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
Damn.. That's really bad news.. I thought about using the Miracle Xiaomi Tool Pack, but it requires MIUI 9 or lower and it can't be downgraded w/o unlocking the bootloader. I might just accept defeat and move on, no way I'm disassembling the device again.

RuiRamosPT

Feb 27, 2011
I have read the whole thread, and just want to confirm:

Installing a Xiaomi.eu ROM for LMI(PRO), still doesn't work without having to change "props"?

With that ROM, still changes from F2 Pro to K30 Pro Zoom with the camera swap, despite being the same ROM for both?

Is so tempting to just change the camera to have great photos, but loose Google Services in my country is not an option... :/

devices_stable_21112421.png

Andrea900

Apr 14, 2015
I have read the whole thread, and just want to confirm:

Installing a Xiaomi.eu ROM for LMI(PRO), still doesn't work without having to change "props"?

With that ROM, still changes from F2 Pro to K30 Pro Zoom with the camera swap, despite being the same ROM for both?

Is so tempting to just change the camera to have great photos, but loose Google Services in my country is not an option... :/

View attachment 5475843
- It works, but your device will be uncertified (model mismatch)
- Yes
- Use MagiskHide Props module and you will be perfectly fine with Google Services and your stabilized camera (unlock your device first).

RuiRamosPT

Feb 27, 2011
Do you advise using the stock Global ROM, or just go with Xiaomi.eu one to go with MagiskHide?

The Xiaomi.eu comes already rooted to install MagiskHide from TWRP?

TinoSantos

Nov 29, 2014
Buenos Aires
Today I changed the modules and everything works perfectly. Supermoon mode appeared on camera as well.
Nothing changed, everything works as it should and I keep passing safetynet, the only magisk module I have is the one for "universal safetynet fix".

CMCarlo

Dec 3, 2013
EDIT
Since nobody is spelling it out, I'm doing it. Here's my guide to change POCO F2 Pro's cameras to Redmi K30 Pro Zoom's.

For each passage, I'll refer to the tutorials I've followed. I'd like to add that I executed this procedure and I was perfectly successful!
  1. Backup through Google One and by copying pics and videos on the PC. Barbaric, but efficient. I'll copy it back to the phone later. Remember Whatsapp's backup if you use it. Also, use Xiaomi Cloud if you intend to stay on a MIUI based ROM.
  2. Begin Unlocking Bootloader process. It takes 7 days so do it as soon as possible, don't wait to have the cameras with you. The process is very easy and you may find many guides, but I've followed this:
    The tutorial omits one last passage: once you've unlocked your bootloader with the tool, you'll have to restart your phone and do a set up, in order to unlock (again) the developer options and the USB debugging. The first time you start up your unlocked device, you'll be asked to log in to your Mi Account as the very first thing, so keep in mind its password and email.
  3. Install ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer. It's basic but you need them. I've used this guide:
  4. Flash the China ROM through fastboot. I suggest you follow this guide as it's explained well enough. I DO NOT recommend going through TWRP as it bricked my phone, and TWRP in general gave me lots of issues. Guide:
  5. Flash Xiaomi.eu through the process they suggest. Remember: use the one they give you, do not go through recovery, as again recovery bricked my phone and many others as far as I know. If you want to go through recovery, use LineageOS recovery (see point 6). Guide:
  6. Install a custom recovery. This is not something you need now, but rather something that may help with keeping Xiaomi.eu up to date (as it's easier to flash updates through recovery). I suggest you use LineageOS Recovery. You can find the recovery itself and a guide to install it here:
  7. Install Magisk and use it to root your phone. I suggest you DO NOT FLASH IT as a .zip, but rather use the process that the developer suggests. To me, the only version of Magisk that worked was Canary, but others have had success with the regular release. The different releases are the same thing, just in different stages of development: canary is the "alpha", more or less. You can find very thorough instructions here:
    The installation instructions are found by scrolling down; the latest releases are on the right.
  8. Once Magisk is successfully installed, you need to do 4 things.
    1. go to settings and hide the app
    2. go to settings and activate zygisk, then activate "enforce denylist", and in the denylist add:
      Google Play Services (you'll have to make them appear by clickin on the three dots on the top right and selecting "show system") --> snet --> check the mark
      Banking apps (if you have any --> check the mark
    3. download the Magisk Module "MagiskHide Props Config" and use it to change the fingerprint and the BASIC Key attestation of the phone to POCO F2 Pro Global (A11). You can get the Module from here:
      And you can follow either the instructions given by this post:
      or the following guide, which contains one difference (it's explained as to change the fingerprint to Pixel 3a) and which also includes the next passage (the 8.4 in this guide I'm writing):
    4. download the Magisk Module "Universal SafetyNet Fix" and simply install it. Follow the link here to get the file and more info:
  9. Now go to google play and simply install a Safetynet Checker (Magisk Canary does not include one, but if you have Magisk regular then it should have one included): you should pass, and your banking stuff should also be verified.
  10. Do the hardware swap! Beware of two things that frightened me:
    1. Both the motherboard cover and the motherboard should come out very easily. If you have to force it the slightest, check for screws you've missed! One is under an orange "mi" sticker, for example, one one is a weird "screw in the screw" of silver-ish colour
    2. You must have both the motherboard and the motherboard cover screwed in in order for the phone to turn on. You can't just plug in the connectors and make a rapid check: you must screw everything together
GOOD NEWS: you will be able to connect to all the 4g and 5g bands that were available to POCO F2 pro, without any difference. It was a false rumour that it wouldn't be possible. Plus, of course, Google pay and banking applications will work with no issue thanks to the Magisk fix!

Last edited:
Reactions: luis181193

ciumurel

Dec 4, 2015
Hello all.
Could you, please help me with an answer? I want to replace k30 zoom camera on my poco f2 pro, 6gb ram/128gb, global, locked, stock. I'm not using any kind of phone pay, I just need youtube (vanced) and playstore from google. Will it work on my phone? Will the fingerprint work and some homebank app (just transactions via internet)? Don't care about google pay or any kind of pay with the phone.
Thank you, God bless for your work.

RuiRamosPT

Feb 27, 2011
Quick questions:

- If a F2 Pro ROM is putted on a K30 Zoom, it works perfectly with Google Apps (is identified as K30 Zoom on About Phone).
- If a F2 Pro gets a K30 Zoom camera, Google Apps stops working (is identified as K30 Zoom also).

This makes sense? Why this happens?

Is any way to create a ROM with all this Magisk stuff done already? Or is it impossible?
In case of update of the ROM OTA, all Magisk stuff is lost?

Thank you!

Last edited:

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Quick questions:

- If a F2 Pro ROM is putted on a K30 Zoom, it works perfectly with Google Apps (is identified as K30 Zoom on About Phone.
- If a F2 Pro gets a K30 Zoom camera, Google Apps stops working (is identified as K30 Zoom also).

This makes sense? Why this happens?

Is any way to create a ROM with all this Magisk stuff done already? Or is it impossible?
In case of update of the ROM OTA, all Magisk stuff is lost?

Thank you!

Redmi K30 Pro / Zoom Edition / POCO F2 Pro

Same rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just dit it. I am using xiaomi.eu. Now It recognises as k30 pro zoom. Everything Works fine including with gcam.
    Just waned to share some pics finally, of the exchange procedure.
    I didn't used a heat gun, but just cut the glue (as for my Mix 3)
    I still not got the charging mod....
    I can also confirm that it works like a charm with the 8GB version. I have been rocking the zoom module for a few months and it's awesome. It is certainly doable but you need to be careful and patient (the module's brackets are a PITA..)

Visually comparing the main cam modules leads me to believe that there are also differences in lens coating apart from OIS & bigger aperture. I've also read somewhere that there are differences in lens elements (8 instead of 7 on the Poco) but I haven't been able to confirm it. I am glad to be able to shoot video with OIS only and thus avoid all the weird artifacts of the EIS, especially in low light. The 80mm lens is significantly slower than the main (f/2.4) but it can shoot some wonderful portraits in decent lighting, without any of the distortion you get using the main for the same purpose.

I have contacted the author of mcpro24fps (look into it if you don't know what it is) and asked him to add 10-bit video recording for both the Poco F2 Pro / K30 Pro as well as the K30 Pro Zoom. That together with all the LOG options will make it a killer app for pro video recording, fingers crossed.. I've been using GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5 even though I mostly shoot raw and process with Lightroom, as well as the stock cam that appears to be fully functional.

Now with the big question: Has anyone been able to successfully edit build props and pass safety net (and get google pay to work?). I haven't rooted this device yet so a tutorial regarding the procedure would be greatly appreciated.. 😊

Peace
    How did you heat it up?
    I have a professional heat gun for replacing, I repair many phones and this was the most difficult to remove.
    I think this is a very interesting hard hack, as a tele-zooming is much more useful in real life situations than the super-macro camera on the F2, which only serve to show how many fabric threads has your pants.
    Shame to Xiaomi for having a so twisted selling policy.