• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Replacement batteries, which one is good?

Search This thread

Incanity

Apr 17, 2008
IJmuiden
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about replacing my battery and a quick search on Ebay led me to find some sellers who claim to have a 3700 mAh batteries.
Now my first response is to not trust these batteries and just get an original one, which I probably will, but I'm really curious if anyone here has tried one?

Here are a couple of links to these 3700 mAh batteries:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLP633-370...342121?hash=item1edc516aa9:g:~BMAAOSwoX5asMid

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3700mAh-Ba...743007?hash=item1ee028189f:g:Ac0AAOSwqxRa7B00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3700mAh-BL...652403?hash=item2cd4142a73:g:wjEAAOSwsxJa9Isl

What are your thoughts about these?

thes3usa

Retired Forum Moderator
May 30, 2015
Colombo
Xiaomi Mi A2
Samsung Galaxy M20
Don't get any battery that isn't a OnePlus Battery. If you have a choice, never go for the battery that is advertised with a different amperage.

Go for a 3400mAh battery, better if it's a OnePlus original. Since our devices uses Dash Charge, which is only on OnePlus devices, it's best to go for an original, since we cannot know what effect DC will have on third party batteries.

Unless your battery has degraded lower than 50% and you need an emergency replacement till your original arrives, these batteries should not be trusted. There even may be a risk of high thermals and degrading your other phone hardware too.

Last edited:
Reactions: vip57

Incanity

Apr 17, 2008
IJmuiden
Don't get any battery that isn't a OnePlus Battery. If you have a choice, never go for the battery that is advertised with a different amperage.

Go for a 3400mAh battery, better if it's a OnePlus original. Since our devices uses Dash Charge, which is only on OnePlus devices, it's best to go for an original, since we cannot know what effect DC will have on third party batteries.

Unless your battery has degraded lower than 50% and you need an emergency replacement till your original arrives, these batteries should not be trusted. There even may be a risk of high thermals and degrading your other phone hardware too.

Exactly my thought. Was just wondering if anyone was mad enough to actually try one of these. You never know, maybe they are unexpectedly good :silly:

Hammerhand.17

May 29, 2010
Winterfell
Have a look and read on the product page of their website:

https://www.replacebase.co.uk/for-oneplus-3t-replacement-battery-blp633-3300mah-oem/

All I can say is, it's better than the tired one I took out!
What does the difference between "rated" and "typical" means? I don't understand.

I just replaced my OP3T battery with a replacement from here:
https://www.mobilesupplies.nl/oneplus-3t-batterij-blp633-3400-mah-origineel.html
It says it's an original and so far it works like a charm. Will report back on how it performs.

Will take a look too.

Incanity

Apr 17, 2008
IJmuiden
BTW, does anyone notice that after replacing the battery, the AccuBattery app is completely out of whack?
I cleared the data to get some clean info on my new battery, but after two or three charges, the app sees my new battery as ~2500mAh and with every charge it's rising. (My last battery was calculated as ~2800mAh)
So far it seems that the battery lasts longer, so the data from the app is conflicting...

I know that the AB app data isn't really reliable in comparison to real measuring equipment, but I'm just wondering about this.

Last edited:

Hammerhand.17

May 29, 2010
Winterfell
I have replaced it, but it says that it have 0% charge, and doesn't charge anymore. Any help?

Edit: The seller have sent one more to me; it's corrupt, they say.

Last edited:

BenjiHansell

Jan 30, 2015

Incanity

Apr 17, 2008
IJmuiden
In my experience non-OEM batteries start to degrade after a few months. How has yours held up? I'm looking to replace mine if I can find a genuine OEM part.

The one I bought is supposed to be genuine, it even bears a OnePlus logo. But the first died on me in a week or two, so I got a free replacement from them, and so far it fares great. AccuBattery reports it as being well above 3000mAh, and I can reach the end of the day with my phone again, so I'm quite happy.

Reactions: Davx19

█████

Nov 22, 2016
so why does everyone praise oneplus for their easy to repair devices and parts and build quality and all, if I can't even buy a replacement part? I'm forced to buy a new phone because my battery is broken. So next time I will go and buy a Samsung. Harder to open and all but I can buy a original battery in any other store.

Incanity

Apr 17, 2008
IJmuiden
so why does everyone praise oneplus for their easy to repair devices and parts and build quality and all, if I can't even buy a replacement part? I'm forced to buy a new phone because my battery is broken. So next time I will go and buy a Samsung. Harder to open and all but I can buy a original battery in any other store.

There are plenty of stores that sell original batteries. And a plethora of non-original batteries to choose from too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Definitely curious about the results on that battery! Please keep us informed :D

In my experience non-OEM batteries start to degrade after a few months. How has yours held up? I'm looking to replace mine if I can find a genuine OEM part.

The one I bought is supposed to be genuine, it even bears a OnePlus logo. But the first died on me in a week or two, so I got a free replacement from them, and so far it fares great. AccuBattery reports it as being well above 3000mAh, and I can reach the end of the day with my phone again, so I'm quite happy.