Replacement Battery for my zenfone 2

James101

Jan 4, 2013
I wouldn't buy a battery that is 1.5 years old. Check the date of manufacture, and if it doesn't have one, don't buy it!

NiTesh

Nov 24, 2013
Ranchi
www.droidtechie.com
The battery is fully dead now.. It won't turn on.. You probably getting 2 times vibrations while putting on wall charger..
I've been facing this issue a while submitted to service center they replaced the battery.

Fix; you need to navigate to asus service center and buy a original battery from there will be a good idea.

Dzin4a

Sep 29, 2014
If replacing battery DIY style, make sure it comes from reputable source. Got mine from ebay, advertised as better than original.

Although it holds charge for a day I must not overcharge it, see screenshot.
It gets to 100℅ Then in 5mins drops to 50/25/12/0 and powers off. missed my alarm multiple times now haha

Attachments

Reactions: blazzer12

timbernot

Sep 20, 2013
N/W UK
Thanks. If you live in USA paying 40 dollars for the battery plus shipping makes you reconsider buying a new phone. I'm traveling to europe in a couple of weeks so might buy a new battery there. Its sad there's no good battery in USA.
If you live in USA , flying to Europe isn't cheap ;)
Get a cheaper flight .
Battery free : D

Reactions: edwinsteny

sferrariba

Feb 5, 2011
If you live in USA , flying to Europe isn't cheap ;)
Get a cheaper flight .
Battery free : D
I live in Argentina, here a "original" battery costs 100 dollars with 20 days of delay. I'm still running on my original battery, and charging it almost every day at mid day.

Has anyone found a good option in USA?

adobrakic

Aug 7, 2008
I live in Argentina, here a "original" battery costs 100 dollars with 20 days of delay. I'm still running on my original battery, and charging it almost every day at mid day.

Has anyone found a good option in USA?
Yep, I paid $15 on eBay for this battery. I've only had it for a couple of weeks, but my SOT doubled (went from <2 hours to being >4 hours), and my quick charge works again (on last battery, it stopped working).

The battery is slightly different from my original one (model # wasn't exactly the same, and the version # of the adapter on the battery wasn't the same). It was kind of a pain in the ass to install, but it still worked after I installed it.

I can't promise that you'll have the same experience, but the seller is highly rated and there is a 30-day return period.

k_o_t_s

Nov 27, 2007
The AccuBattery app claims to calculate the actual capacity of your battery (mah) and the more charging cycles you make the better the accuracy of the estimation (although, judging from my case, the estimation does not change a lot after the first cycle)

PaulJ333a

Aug 4, 2017
I had my battery replaced while in Taipei for a cost of NTD 1000 (about USD 30) including labor. The Asus service center in Taipei wanted the phone for 3 days; they recommended a shop that did it in 90 minutes. The shop claimed it was an OEM battery, but it seems to discharge more quickly. On the other hand, it doesn't suddenly die with 30-40%.

MGREX

Dec 4, 2011
Don't look like an official one, also what's the deal with the ones that say 3400mah instead of 3000?

Is that even compatible?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Yep, I paid $15 on eBay for this battery.
And that one says 2900mah instead of the OEM 3000, whats going on? wont using batteries with different sizes than the original be bad for the phone?