Replacement battery for Nokia 8

Search This thread

mati5000

Dec 21, 2017
Hello,

I'd like to show you my private comments and tests on the battery for this great phone.

I tested many replacement battery for Nokia 8.

A lot of people have trouble buying a new battery with sufficient capacity.
I checked some batteries. Original is identified as HE328 -3030mah -nominal capacity.

Original Battery look like this:
MM4qnPT.png

Fake Battery available on internet looks like this:
shEqBAN.png

Many retailers report that the batteries come from the manufacturer. Unfortunately, it's not true I checked 3-4 batteries like this in picture. All batteries had almost 50% real capacity.
rfda2tj.png

My almost 3-years original he328 battery have best capacity like below:
TGaNuBu.png

I've decided to test the battery from aliexpress Wonkegonke
dw6UrK4.png
pgid6xR.png

This first charge cycle ;) I am positively surprised at the performance of this battery.
ejdBl32.png

I hope the information will help you fix many phones.

Last edited:

mati5000

Dec 21, 2017
This post will be edited next time. Almost 20hrs usage.
2pb6GAB.png

Almost 24hr from last charge. Phone used normally without any issues

OC5u3U5.png

I end day like with my Nokia 8 with original HE328 battery.

Last edited:

mati5000

Dec 21, 2017
Ok i want to show you battery health "WonkeGonke" from aliexpress after 4 sessions.
lUGOADH.png

additionally, I checked battery capacity via ADB in PC:
D75xTzq.png

Real capacity is 2829 Mah 91% from 3090 Mah. This is good capacity i think :)

Thank You :)

Ayhem-GH

Jan 27, 2016
Thx man :good:... nice to know that when my battery dies I wouldn't have to throw away my beloved Nokia 8
quick question... what app r u using to measure the capacity?

techno_man000

Jan 12, 2018
Uh, "Genuine" looking fake batteries are in action as always ?. I learned what means genuine battery a couple of years ago. Most of them haven't the nominal capacity as it supposed. Beside this fact, they haven't a proper NTC resistor (which is temperature sensor). I want to ask a question even i know the answer (maybe it makes me surprised). Could you check battery temperature with different scenarios (daily and heavy) via AIDA64 and post the screenshots here?

stakou

Feb 29, 2008
N/A
Hello,

I'd like to show you my private comments and tests on the battery for this great phone.

I checked some batteries. Original is identified as HE328 -3030mah -nominal capacity.

MM4qnPT.png

shEqBAN.png

Many retailers report that the batteries come from the manufacturer. Unfortunately, it's not true I checked 3-4 batteries like this in picture. All batteries had almost 50% real capacity.
rfda2tj.png

TGaNuBu.png

dw6UrK4.png
pgid6xR.png

This first charge cycle ;) I am positively surprised at the performance of this battery.
ejdBl32.png

Design capacity seems to be 3500 so at 2800 seems to be at 80%? The question if it will stay there. I cannot find the link in Aliexpress by the way

gkwong

Mar 15, 2018
can confirm is the battery temp sensor always stays at a fixed temp or it is actually working?
i bought 3 times the battery my Nokia 8. All of them only have around 1400~1500mAh and the temp sensor always showing 27deg.
Further testing found out all the fake batteries can't do Quick Charge at 7v,9v, or 12v. It only can do 5v 3A charging.

techno_man000

Jan 12, 2018
can confirm is the battery temp sensor always stays at a fixed temp or it is actually working?
i bought 3 times the battery my Nokia 8. All of them only have around 1400~1500mAh and the temp sensor always showing 27deg.
Further testing found out all the fake batteries can't do Quick Charge at 7v,9v, or 12v. It only can do 5v 3A charging.

I experienced this problem on my old Zenfone 2. All batteries i bought were fake. They all had same capacity (2400mah) and fixed temperature. It was really hard to decide which is fake/genuine.
After several years, my NB1's battery is getting older and probably I'm gonna replace the battery in a year. So it would happen again and it's good to know which one is fake. Can you post the links you bought from or images of the battery? It would be really appreciated and helpful for us?.

gkwong

Mar 15, 2018
I experienced this problem on my old Zenfone 2. All batteries i bought were fake. They all had same capacity (2400mah) and fixed temperature. It was really hard to decide which is fake/genuine.
After several years, my NB1's battery is getting older and probably I'm gonna replace the battery in a year. So it would happen again and it's good to know which one is fake. Can you post the links you bought from or images of the battery? It would be really appreciated and helpful for us.

I bought from Shopee Malaysia. I see most of the seller posted the item image is different than actual product received. From the picture you can see the bottom of the fake one is different. And the fake capacity battery is half the thickness of the original battery. Anyway, I ordered the WONKEGONKE brand from their shop in AliExpress. Will try out and update here.
View attachment 5127887

Isepterian

Jan 18, 2019
Wonkegonke is one battery what working better than any other fake. Please provide accubattery stats.
Much thanks brother for all you work and information. So here's is my story, same problem, some said software issue, Google Services and its fellows, OTA, even holy motherboard.
But after wondering and desperately hunting internet, I finally found the culprit and replaced battery from a local store, it was exactly like you posted and that old one on the device, again after around 7 months, now I'm having same issues, so was planning to go visit official nokia care and get replaced despite the cost, but just moment ago, saw a comment posted by an indian user having same issue even after replacement from a Nokia Care Center.
So i want to consider this time, is that one from aliexpress that good ? and working fine till date ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

MM4qnPT.png

shEqBAN.png

rfda2tj.png

TGaNuBu.png

dw6UrK4.png
    pgid6xR.png

ejdBl32.png

Ok i want to show you battery health "WonkeGonke" from aliexpress after 4 sessions.
    lUGOADH.png

additionally, I checked battery capacity via ADB in PC:
    D75xTzq.png

Real capacity is 2829 Mah 91% from 3090 Mah. This is good capacity i think :)

Thank You :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone