Replacement Battery from AliExpress - 3800mAh

Search This thread
Hey guys!

Has anyone already bought one of those "3800mAh" replacement batteries from AliExpress? For example that one:
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cLO9izmIJ

I wonder if any seller is offering a "real" battery with higher capacity.

Thanks

1. Link does not work for me. Main web of aliexpress opens.
2. I don't think it is a good idea to change battery for some other I would propose you to buy quick charge charger or power bank. I know that is not the resolution but it is safe instead of battery interference.

mariosenta

Apr 25, 2011
Senta
1. Link does not work for me. Main web of aliexpress opens.
2. I don't think it is a good idea to change battery for some other I would propose you to buy quick charge charger or power bank. I know that is not the resolution but it is safe instead of battery interference.

So you are saying that if your battery is bad you should buy a power bank? Do you even know what you are saying? That is the most ridiculous thing ever.
I just bought my friend a battery for his mi a2 lite from aliexpress and it works great.
His old battery was so bad that it only powered the device for 1 or 2 minutes, so he had to replace it.
Powerbank is not a solution.

Last edited:

Phil_Smith

Oct 16, 2015
LG Optimus 4X HD
Xiaomi Mi 5
What seems odd is that the 3800 mAh batteries I can see there are supposed to have the same model number as the original one (BN36).
Don't think they offer an actual upgrade.
For the Mi 5, the community was pretty agreed on Nohon batteries as a high quality replacement (not upgrade).
Maybe the same goes for the Mi A2, but I don't know.

Last edited:

Mozahid007

May 30, 2018
Dhaka
---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Anyone tried this battery?
Should i order one?

Just FYI, all batteries on the market for Xiaomi phones with unreplacable battery are fakes, even if they have the same labels. Xiaomi doesn't sell batteries by itself. The only way to get genuine batteries is to buy it (or warranty) from official Xiaomi Service Centers.

That said, I've had mixed success buying aftermarket brand batteries for smartphones throughout the years. I had a battery came dead from Aliexpress. They sent a replacement, which worked, but after several months it drains like crazy. In other cases, they worked well enough for at most 6 months until they start dropping charges. Also I had one where the supposedly "new" battery holds charge as little as the old genuine battery that needed replacement, so it provides no improvements.

In total, I probably bought around more than 20 after-market batteries for at least 10 different phones in the last 15 years: Motorola Droid 2, Nexus 4, Redmi Note 1, Note 3, Note 4, Mi 3, OnePlus One, Galaxy S4, and for countless Nokia dumbphones. None proved to be their stated mAH rating. And none lasted more than the original battery lasted (both standby time and durability). On the bright side, if it's cheap enough, and if it can make an otherwise dead phone to last 6 more months, then why not?

Also, a thing of note, it's not always the battery's fault when the phone can't hold a charge. A defective/burnt charging IC caused by cheap charger/cable with unstable current supply could also make the battery dies quicker.

In my opinion, the best course of action is to make sure to always use high quality, original chargers and cables. If you have to buy another charger, buy original from the manufacturer or from a reputable after-market brands like Anker, Aukey, etc. And if after two years the battery's dying, then just buy a new phone as it probably won't get upgraded anymore and most likely is too slow for current apps.

Last edited:

ronaldornd

Aug 19, 2015
I have buy this, but I think the problem is with my phone. because even after the exchange, I can't have more than 3 hrs of screen. I don't think it's the battery, because in the accubattery it shows that the estimated capacity is 3800 and a little. I'm very dissatisfied with this cell phone, Mine gets too hot, and the discharge is quick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys!

Has anyone already bought one of those "3800mAh" replacement batteries from AliExpress? For example that one:
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cLO9izmIJ

I wonder if any seller is offering a "real" battery with higher capacity.

Thanks
    What seems odd is that the 3800 mAh batteries I can see there are supposed to have the same model number as the original one (BN36).
    Don't think they offer an actual upgrade.
    For the Mi 5, the community was pretty agreed on Nohon batteries as a high quality replacement (not upgrade).
    Maybe the same goes for the Mi A2, but I don't know.
    Just FYI, all batteries on the market for Xiaomi phones with unreplacable battery are fakes, even if they have the same labels. Xiaomi doesn't sell batteries by itself. The only way to get genuine batteries is to buy it (or warranty) from official Xiaomi Service Centers.

That said, I've had mixed success buying aftermarket brand batteries for smartphones throughout the years. I had a battery came dead from Aliexpress. They sent a replacement, which worked, but after several months it drains like crazy. In other cases, they worked well enough for at most 6 months until they start dropping charges. Also I had one where the supposedly "new" battery holds charge as little as the old genuine battery that needed replacement, so it provides no improvements.

In total, I probably bought around more than 20 after-market batteries for at least 10 different phones in the last 15 years: Motorola Droid 2, Nexus 4, Redmi Note 1, Note 3, Note 4, Mi 3, OnePlus One, Galaxy S4, and for countless Nokia dumbphones. None proved to be their stated mAH rating. And none lasted more than the original battery lasted (both standby time and durability). On the bright side, if it's cheap enough, and if it can make an otherwise dead phone to last 6 more months, then why not?

Also, a thing of note, it's not always the battery's fault when the phone can't hold a charge. A defective/burnt charging IC caused by cheap charger/cable with unstable current supply could also make the battery dies quicker.

In my opinion, the best course of action is to make sure to always use high quality, original chargers and cables. If you have to buy another charger, buy original from the manufacturer or from a reputable after-market brands like Anker, Aukey, etc. And if after two years the battery's dying, then just buy a new phone as it probably won't get upgraded anymore and most likely is too slow for current apps.