Replacement battery?

Search This thread

slideyneez

Feb 24, 2008
I've seen reference to a couple different batteries that should fit/work, for those looking to replace the battery for one reason or another and figured I'd consolidate things here...

http://planetfon.ru/akkumuljator-li-pol---3-7v--5000mah_l238
http://www.allbatteries.co.uk/tablet-battery-3-8v-5100mah-tml90080.html

The challenge being for some that neither of those will ship to the US (no one will internationally probably, because of our lipo shipping restrictions).
Anyone found a supplier in the states with something similar?

Reactions: leohobas

zoodles

Jun 9, 2011
My main worry would be: how do we know that the replacement battery we buy from some obscure online store is any safer than the original faulty battery?

drug18477

Jan 1, 2015
My main worry would be: how do we know that the replacement battery we buy from some obscure online store is any safer than the original faulty battery?

You don't. But since my old tablet's battery got bloated, I'd rather take my chances with a dubious china battery...

BTW: Anyone knows a compatible battery obtainable in Germany?
@ slideyneez: Where did you get the link to the battery from allbatteries.co.uk from?

Last edited:

Duckers McQuack

Nov 8, 2010
That'S great!

Anybody has original battery specs that we can compare?

Here's the specs of my "firehazard" battery.

a048dbb60b.JPG

Ain't that battery got a bit too low voltage? The original battery is a 3.9v, but the one he shows is a 3.7v

Last edited:
Ain't that battery got a bit too low voltage? The original battery is a 3.9v, but the one he shows is a 3.7v

0.2V isn't a significant difference for a whole battery pack - tolerances can easily lead to the same difference (+ or -).

FYI, the official replacement B01 battery is rated at 3.8V.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using XDA Free mobile app

mirrin

Feb 7, 2011
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Here's the specs of my "firehazard" battery.

a048dbb60b.JPG

That is not how these batteries work all lipo are 3.7v unless they have multiple cells in series then the voltage goes up in increments of 3.7

Also it should be known that a fully charged lipo will read 4.2v and a discharged will read 3-3.3v

The fire hazard with these is likely 2-fold 1 the charge and protection circuit has a flaw that allows the battery beyond a threshold either voltage or temp paired with a bad cell this had a bad habit of catastrophic failures. This is likely why nvidia opted to brick tablets rather than open them and swap the batteries and resell them as refurbished.

Btw that is what I would have done everyone got a k1 style tablet where the package had nothing but the new tablet inside was a return label and the procedure would have been factory reset tablet then package just the tablet no stylus no accessories. As the tablet you would get would be in a similar state... except the stylus slot might have a rubber plug...

Duckers McQuack

Nov 8, 2010
Alright.

But has anyone tried a third party battery by now without any issues? For example the aliexpress one? Cause my old shield tablet is still off and awaiting a new battery and a kernel change because the tablet initially awaits the kernel killer to kill off the old one.

mirrin

Feb 7, 2011
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Alright.

But has anyone tried a third party battery by now without any issues? For example the aliexpress one? Cause my old shield tablet is still off and awaiting a new battery and a kernel change because the tablet initially awaits the kernel killer to kill off the old one.
Well that depends what you call issues there are several in this thread that reported that the battery did not last as long that is not really what I would call an issue as the original battery was 5200mAh they put a 4250 in or even a 4000 that should last less it is an expected result...

But that said my previous post was a warning against this as the faulty bits might be part of the charging and protection circuit on the battery. Particularly the control chip that runs the sensors and the charging regulator.

Last edited:

mirrin

Feb 7, 2011
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Interesting well I found a few batteries that have 5000mah. Not sure if they would work.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...0.H0.X5000mah.TRS2&_nkw=5000mah&_sacat=180235

In theory you could replace the pack with a bank of 14500 cells. As long as it was a 1s?p arrangement it means 1 series any number in parallel series is voltage and parallel would be capacity and amperage.

The procedure given to replace the battery packs in these tablets involves removing the charging/protection from the original pack and soldering the new pack to the old batteries solder points. So any bare lithium ion pack that is 1s?p configuration should work if it fits. 3.5mm 64 mm 150 mm is the 3 measurements for the OEM pack

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts