Search This thread

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
I have this problem too
And ebay seller was deactivated
Someone can help me on this
Sorry, my language English is not good

many ideas solutions on here

strip back the old strap leaving it plugged into the watch with antenna wires exposed, fit 22mm standard spring (not bar type) strap, run antenna's behind new strap

Adigal

Mar 14, 2016
Does someone order from tntkstore the bands for w281, can confirm that they work?

Oct 24, 2021
Hi Everyone, I am looking for a replacement strap for my LG Watch Sport and the South-Korean TNTK Store seems to have run out of one of the straps.

I need to replace both of them. The one with the buckle is completely torn, so I cannot wear the watch now, but the days of the other strap are numbered too.

Does anyone know another source of these parts?

I believe that I am one of the last users of this watch. I targeted the end of 2022 for retiring it. In light of this damage now, and the lack of straps on the market, I am not sure that it will make it until then. :)

Update: The Global Direct Parts team state on their site that they can source them. Let's see what they will reply to my email.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021
They wrote me the same reply. I did order and pay for the strap with the buckle from TNTK Store, which they still seem to carry, but no shipment confirmation yet.

I have no solution yet for the other strap, the one without the buckle. @Haedine is this the eBay posting that you mentioned?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021
They wrote me the same reply. I did order and pay for the strap with the buckle from TNTK Store, which they still seem to carry, but no shipment confirmation yet.

I have no solution yet for the other strap, the one without the buckle. @Haedine is this the eBay posting that you mentioned?

So TNTK Store only has the strap with the buckle, and they shipped that today (pro tip @Haedine, they only have one more left).

The above eBay seller does not ship to Europe (I am located in the Netherlands). I believe that's it. Maybe someone lists a band sometimes, but I think the life of this watch got very close to the end with the band that breaks in a year or two and no replacement available on the market.

Haedine

Oct 24, 2021
Iași
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
@LGWatchSportStrapPlease
Sorry for the delay, but you are correct, that was the link from eBay. Unfortunately, as you wrote, the seller doesn't send to Europe.
I managed through a friend to buy at 160$ a new watch, W280A, from Amazon USA. This way I have new bands, a new charger to use it at the office and spare parts for the old one which is W281, in case the new one does not work with my carriers LTE. I'm still thinking if I should also buy the bands from eBay, just to be sure the next 2 years the watch is still working.
Another idea was to buy a almost new one from the German eBay
Still, I have a question for you - how much time it took for the bands to break on your side ?

Oct 24, 2021
@LGWatchSportStrapPlease
Sorry for the delay, but you are correct, that was the link from eBay. Unfortunately, as you wrote, the seller doesn't send to Europe.
I managed through a friend to buy at 160$ a new watch, W280A, from Amazon USA. This way I have new bands, a new charger to use it at the office and spare parts for the old one which is W281, in case the new one does not work with my carriers LTE. I'm still thinking if I should also buy the bands from eBay, just to be sure the next 2 years the watch is still working.
Another idea was to buy a almost new one from the German eBay
Still, I have a question for you - how much time it took for the bands to break on your side ?
I have the watch since December 2017. First time I replaced both straps in November 2018, then again both in May 2020. The TPU material degraded and formed some cracks after about 1-1,5 years, then the bands broke in a few weeks each time. Someone probably messed up the material selection at LG. I have also replaced the battery twice now. I think I will not invest in this watch more than replacing the bands once more. :)

Oct 24, 2021
After 2 weeks with the post, just got the band with the buckle from TNTK store. All good now, but in a matter of months I will need the other band too, as it's about to break.

Last edited:

stag74

May 6, 2017
My bands have just failed again after one year.
After 4 and a half years, several batteries and straps, that's it, bought a Galaxy Watch 4 LTE.

Reactions: Haedine

asus5

Jan 27, 2011
i9100
Samsung Galaxy A50
Hello, as to change the bands if they are broken you can change them with the Lg urbane 2 from Aliexpress they fit, from the buckle band you will have all connectivity.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts