Replacement

Search This thread

gary93

Sep 13, 2008
Hi, so I have been using my MT since September. It is my first MT and happy with it. Currently running TG CM7 on it. However the phone started to freeze once in a while for like half a minute. Soft keys are not responding unless I turn off and back on the screen. These also happen when I was still using the stock rom. Also there are dust under the screen, and I heard that the only thing I can do is ask for a replacement.
I would like to ask y'all how to have a replacement of the MT? Should I call VM or is there any online help on their website (Because my English isn't that good)? Would they still let me have a replacement since I have it for about 10 months? Also I knew I should flash back to stock rom, but do I have to remove CWM as well? If so how do I do that?
Thank you for any kind of help.

CornfedChris

May 2, 2012
Omaha, NE
Hi, so I have been using my MT since September. It is my first MT and happy with it. Currently running TG CM7 on it. However the phone started to freeze once in a while for like half a minute. Soft keys are not responding unless I turn off and back on the screen. These also happen when I was still using the stock rom. Also there are dust under the screen, and I heard that the only thing I can do is ask for a replacement.
I would like to ask y'all how to have a replacement of the MT? Should I call VM or is there any online help on their website (Because my English isn't that good)? Would they still let me have a replacement since I have it for about 10 months? Also I knew I should flash back to stock rom, but do I have to remove CWM as well? If so how do I do that?
Thank you for any kind of help.

The soft key non responsiveness is a hardware problem on all triumphs. I've heard alot of ppl say that happens to them. Mine does it too but not too often, and I also have a lil bit of dust under my screen but I can only see it when its extremely bright outside.

If those two things really bug you, I wouldn't get another phone because they might be present with then new (refurbished) phone you get from them.

If you want a replacement, I have found that the best way to get in touch with them is through the VM social care dept. Don't call and talk to tech support. It can get really annoying. Instead send an email to vmusocialcare@sprint.com, leave a comment on Virgin Mobile USA's Facebook page, or tweet @VMUCARE on Twitter.

When I had to have a few things fixed on my account, these guys helped me out right away!

As far as getting a replacement, I'm pretty sure you can up to a year from the purchase date. And I've heard of ppl sending their phones back to them with CM7 still installed, but I would re-install the stock rom just to be safe.

Good luck with everything and hope I could help!

gary93

Sep 13, 2008
The soft key non responsiveness is a hardware problem on all triumphs. I've heard alot of ppl say that happens to them. Mine does it too but not too often, and I also have a lil bit of dust under my screen but I can only see it when its extremely bright outside.

If those two things really bug you, I wouldn't get another phone because they might be present with then new (refurbished) phone you get from them.

If you want a replacement, I have found that the best way to get in touch with them is through the VM social care dept. Don't call and talk to tech support. It can get really annoying. Instead send an email to vmusocialcare@sprint.com, leave a comment on Virgin Mobile USA's Facebook page, or tweet @VMUCARE on Twitter.

When I had to have a few things fixed on my account, these guys helped me out right away!

As far as getting a replacement, I'm pretty sure you can up to a year from the purchase date. And I've heard of ppl sending their phones back to them with CM7 still installed, but I would re-install the stock rom just to be safe.

Good luck with everything and hope I could help!

Thank you for the tips! May I also ask, when I bought my MT in BestBuy, I had also bought the 1 or 2 years warranty thing. Does that do anything with replacing the phone? Or could I just take it to BestBuy to ask for replacement?
Thanks again =)

CornfedChris

May 2, 2012
Omaha, NE
Thank you for the tips! May I also ask, when I bought my MT in BestBuy, I had also bought the 1 or 2 years warranty thing. Does that do anything with replacing the phone? Or could I just take it to BestBuy to ask for replacement?
Thanks again =)

I believe since you bought the warranty through Best Buy you can just go back there and have them replace the phone for you. Just mention the hardware problems to them and I don't see why they wouldn't. From what I have heard, a lot of Best Buy associates are familiar with the Triumph's problems and that it has been returned a lot and automatically know why your there haha. Weather they will give you a brand new one, or have VM send you a refurb... I'm not exactly sure.