• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Replacing/removing standard launcher of MatePad Pro

Search This thread

Sc4r3Crow

May 18, 2017
Hey guys,

I would like to use Nova Launcher respectively another launcher on my MatePad Pro instead of the stock one. Other launchers can be installed but EMUI 10.0.1 doesn't provide/display a possibility to activate alternative launchers.

Does anyone know a workaround for that?

Thanks in advance...

awtchan

Apr 26, 2006
Hey guys,

I would like to use Nova Launcher respectively another launcher on my MatePad Pro instead of the stock one. Other launchers can be installed but EMUI 10.0.1 doesn't provide/display a possibility to activate alternative launchers.

Thanks in advance...
I have tried to do so for 2 years since having my Mediapad 5 pro, and then Matepad pro. So far no luck. Huawei has blocked it.

Sc4r3Crow

May 18, 2017
I have tried to do so for 2 years since having my Mediapad 5 pro, and then Matepad pro. So far no luck. Huawei has blocked it.

Thanks for the reply. Regarding a statement of Huawei support Germany it's blocked due to Chinsese EMUI of my Tablet. Either I have to find a solution on XDA or wait for the European firmware.

Arif Ferdian

Dec 10, 2016
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance...

Just instal any launcher you live, and than go to setting, apps, default app, default home apps, and set the new launcher as your default home app. Thats all