• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Replacing Stock Boot Animation of Evolution X

Search This thread

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
If you just remove the animation from the system, the system will boot as Android.
Definitely don't try to replace the animation with another one when the system is running. If there was a bootlop, you would have no way to fix it.
You can safely replace the animation only in recovery, in case of a bootlop you can put it back in recovery. If recovery allows you to exchange.

Reactions: XanDevoir

XanDevoir

Feb 27, 2019
System is write protected. we can only read or delete files on system but won't replace ir change it. Maybe your device not boot if you do this.
maybe thats why when I tried to copy the new animation inside root folder I couldnt paste it there...yeah I dont think I will do any animation replace as I am very new at this and this is my first time flashing a rom even... I'll just wait for any pros to do it first... Thanks a lot for your warning.

XanDevoir

Feb 27, 2019
If you just remove the animation from the system, the system will boot as Android.
Definitely don't try to replace the animation with another one when the system is running. If there was a bootlop, you would have no way to fix it.
You can safely replace the animation only in recovery, in case of a bootlop you can put it back in recovery. If recovery allows you to exchange.
I think it requires some knowledge of stuff if things go bad...and I really dont have that...so i decided to leave the boot animation for now... Really thanks for your reply

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    System is write protected. we can only read or delete files on system but won't replace ir change it. Maybe your device not boot if you do this.