Reply to vivabOrg re MSM Xtended

Search This thread

viking777

Aug 15, 2013
For some reason the thread on this rom has been closed but I was asked a question by @vivab0rg before it closed:

"Great insights, thank you for your feedback. Which Custom Recovery did you use? Can you comment more on your "problems" flashing this ROM? Is there an OTA Updater?"

Here are the answers.

Which recovery did I use? This one:

What problems did I have flashing rom?

Effectively none, it was one of the easiest I have ever done. I did use a different gapps, the link is in the original post and I changed the 'contacts' app as the supplied one wouldn't import my contacts. Other than that the rom is perfect.

Does it have an OTA updater?

I don't know, but if the dev has already abandoned it then I guess it will never be updated. Though I don't understand why he/she would do that, it is so good.

Reactions: vivab0rg

vivab0rg

Jun 24, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. It encourage me to give it shot and here are my installation notes for future reference:

Code:
## Requirements

* Xtended-XT-v3-VANILLA-daisy-OFFICIAL-20221115-0214.zip
* twrp-3.5.2_9-2-daisy-unofficial.img

## Flashing

* Boot to Recovery
  * Format Data
  * Reboot to recovery
  * Wipe
    - Dalvik
    - System
    - Data/Cache
    - Internal Storage (optional)
  * Flash ROM
  * Flash custom recovery
  * Reboot to Recovery (LOS)
    - Apply update
      - Choose from scdard1
        - Flash Gapps: [AUTO]LiteGapps_arm64_13.0_v2.8_official.zip (smallest; too restrictive?)

Xtended installs custom LOS-based recovery that does not support Magisk flashing.
So, re-install TWRP to proceed:

* Reboot to Recovery (TWRP)
    - Install
      - Flash Magisk (optional)
  * Reboot to System

PS: I eventually moved on to another A13 ROM because Xtended did not support device encryption :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some reason the thread on this rom has been closed but I was asked a question by @vivab0rg before it closed:

"Great insights, thank you for your feedback. Which Custom Recovery did you use? Can you comment more on your "problems" flashing this ROM? Is there an OTA Updater?"

Here are the answers.

Which recovery did I use? This one:

What problems did I have flashing rom?

Effectively none, it was one of the easiest I have ever done. I did use a different gapps, the link is in the original post and I changed the 'contacts' app as the supplied one wouldn't import my contacts. Other than that the rom is perfect.

Does it have an OTA updater?

I don't know, but if the dev has already abandoned it then I guess it will never be updated. Though I don't understand why he/she would do that, it is so good.