• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Report issues with ICS leak here.. OP updated 5-1 with list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
I thought it would be a good idea to have a place where people can post their issues for others to see before they flash, or developers to fix when they build roms. Or, even better, we the users can try to troubleshoot the issues and confirm/share a fix with everyone else.

If you DO have issues, please state if you are using the stock RUU or one of the roms I'm sure will be pouring out over time..
*AND*
If anyone has any of these issues and can confirm please include in the title ISSUE or CONFIRMED(or workaround/fix along how it was done) in your post along with which issue and I will try to update the OP accordingly.
Example Title:
Code:
Confirmed: 5. Post #88 report of not detecting a wifi access point..
This will help me a lot with updating the OP and helping users find fixes, etc

Reported issues:
  1. A few reports of both cores not being utilized properly(Screenshot of 1 core showing)(Confirmed post #171 this is only an issue if you think quadrant is a good program- it is "junk":) )
  2. Facebook not working properly(Potential fix reported #153 for root users: Uninstall facebook from /data/app folder and install from market- confirm if fixed)
  3. Battery being TOO good(multiple times in this thread, lol) except #154 that reports unconfirmed worse battery when playing intensive apps/games
  4. Multiple reports of reduced signal strength that fluctuates more(likely just a radio issue, build.prop edits linked in my signature helped me)
  5. Post #88 report of not detecting a wifi access point- needs confirmation and troubleshooting if confirmed - punkmetalska please report your router settings.(Another user confirmed)
  6. #100 the app screen filter doesn't turn off soft key lights(workaround- keyboard backlight controller or find posts here to edit init.d or use g-script(instructions post #121) to perm disable)
  7. Post #107 issues changing font or startup/shutdown animations changes not sticking
  8. Post #123 Unable to import backed up bookmarks from gingerbread(post #129 confirms)
  9. Post #125 softbutton(?) lights will turn off if automatic brightness is not set
  10. Post #128 removing lookout anti-virus speeds up response of phone
  11. Post #132 Mutiple posts of system battery reporting 2%+ difference in battery than shown in pulldown bar after battery mod
  12. Post #140 reports wifi disconnecting even though later explains wifi set to always on
  13. Post #143 Reports issues with reg99 error for wifi calling and how it started working(in case it helps anyone)
  14. Post #144 Issues changing features in stock keyboard, unable to choose which video player to use when opened in "mobile view"(stock browser?)
  15. Post#145 reports white htc screen popping up intermittently, other users suggest battery pull helping and eventually it stops(building caches?)
  16. Post #148 Reports issues sending MMS while connected to wifi, earlier post I'm too lazy to find also said this when wifi calling on
  17. Post #150 Setcpu doesn't work, later posts give alternatives
  18. Post #151 Stock messaging app doesn't show contact picture though contacts app does, possible fix in post #152(you'll have to search his posts for that day/time). Post #166 adds this issue and same with facebook and gtalk
  19. Post #153 Reports "Camera "Manual Mode" image adjustment dials are impossible to read." *and* "USB OTG is missing. That is part of the android ics." -- I'm not sure I understand the issue, just reporting it here.
  20. Post #157 Reports battery pull needed after phone would not wake from deep sleep- needs confirmation
  21. Post #159 reports status bar can be pulled down without unlocking phone and slow keyboard(I have experienced this with all keyboard apps at random times)- Possible fix(for keyboard) go to main settings-develop options-background process limit(apps in cache) and set to 1-4, needs confirmation)
  22. Post #160 Picasa pulldown in gallery app does not sync(needs confirm)
  23. Post #163 Video button not working(needs confirm)
  24. Post 193 Users reporting having to do a battery pull after phone has sat unused, confirmed by 1 user.

This is updated 4-28 to post #171, page 18

Last edited:
G

glacierguy

So far I've heard 2 people say it was kinda laggy and 1 person say only 1 core was running. I haven't flashed yet, but will be today. I got s=off, eng hboot, and the leak downloaded... So sometime soon

Sent from my Stock Rooted and Highly Customized HTC Ruby using Tapatalk

lonz358

Feb 22, 2012
So far I've heard 2 people say it was kinda laggy and 1 person say only 1 core was running. I haven't flashed yet, but will be today. I got s=off, eng hboot, and the leak downloaded... So sometime soon

Running super smooth for me and Quadrant shows two cores.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl

I am right there with you, my phone is prepped and ready to go-- I am just waiting till there is a little more feedback.. I have my old phone in case there is any headache getting switched I still have contact with the outside world, but I read the first 40 pages of the leak thread and it sounds pretty smooth if you understand how to do these things.
Running super smooth for me and Quadrant shows two cores.

I use system tuner, it is a pretty bad ass app-- it should give a lot more detail about how the cores are running, even should have an option to choose how they run- but tons of features.. maybe you should check it out.

I am curious about the roms that will get produced, I would try capcombeta, but since it appears he did it for himself and has no intentions of supporting or continuing the rom, I think I will try the RUU later, or run it thru the kitchen myself adding and removing the things I like or don't like..

So to you two, on a 1-10 scale, how happy are you overall? Is it what you expected, more, or less? Have you tested everything? GPS? BT? WIFI? There must be SOME issues besides a little lag, lol.

And one of my few fears, at least because of experiences on my old phone-- if you wanted to go back to stock(or in our case, gingerbread) you had to be UBER careful to get the old kernels loaded before exiting CWM- simply restoring a nandroid did not do the trick.. so I am curious about what the process will be with our phones, if s-off means a nandroid backup would work perfectly, or if there would be extra steps to get back to gingerbread.

Last edited:

lonz358

Feb 22, 2012
Couldn't be more happy with it, everything is working fine for me and battery seems to be lasting a lot longer so sar. Just install it and see :)

G

glacierguy

As I use it... It resembles more of a stable 3.5 than a 4.0... It's my biggest gripe with 3.6

Super smooth and fast... Just doesn't look all that new :/

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

pavoid

Mar 7, 2012
Houston
icy blue

I have the ics ruu flashed on my stock phone (locked, s-on). The odd thing is that it seems to run faster but at the same time whenever I check "running apps" and "available ram" I have 532mb free at most so far but I have seen as low as 392mb. On gb I was averaging between 600-480's. ( I don't use many apps)

I really want to know if there is a way to get the icy blue ICS look for the notification bar/icons?

I mean this is ICS, HTC I don't think many people prefer your average looking Sense notification bar over what google offers with ICS. (I'm also not sure why they didn't just keep the google search bar and pulled down notification transparent)

G

glacierguy

I have the ics ruu flashed on my stock phone (locked, s-on). The odd thing is that it seems to run faster but at the same time whenever I check "running apps" and "available ram" I have 532mb free at most so far but I have seen as low as 392mb. On gb I was averaging between 600-480's. ( I don't use many apps)

I really want to know if there is a way to get the icy blue ICS look for the notification bar/icons?

I mean this is ICS, HTC I don't think many people prefer your average looking Sense notification bar over what google offers with ICS. (I'm also not sure why they didn't just keep the google search bar and pulled down notification transparent)

Sense 4.0 > 3.6

G

glacierguy

d03628de-cb38-30c0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought it would be a good idea to have a place where people can post their issues for others to see before they flash, or developers to fix when they build roms. Or, even better, we the users can try to troubleshoot the issues and confirm/share a fix with everyone else.

If you DO have issues, please state if you are using the stock RUU or one of the roms I'm sure will be pouring out over time..
    *AND*
    If anyone has any of these issues and can confirm please include in the title ISSUE or CONFIRMED(or workaround/fix along how it was done) in your post along with which issue and I will try to update the OP accordingly.
    Example Title:
    Code:
    Confirmed: 5. Post #88 report of not detecting a wifi access point..
    This will help me a lot with updating the OP and helping users find fixes, etc

Reported issues:
    1. A few reports of both cores not being utilized properly(Screenshot of 1 core showing)(Confirmed post #171 this is only an issue if you think quadrant is a good program- it is "junk":) )
    2. Facebook not working properly(Potential fix reported #153 for root users: Uninstall facebook from /data/app folder and install from market- confirm if fixed)
    3. Battery being TOO good(multiple times in this thread, lol) except #154 that reports unconfirmed worse battery when playing intensive apps/games
    4. Multiple reports of reduced signal strength that fluctuates more(likely just a radio issue, build.prop edits linked in my signature helped me)
    5. Post #88 report of not detecting a wifi access point- needs confirmation and troubleshooting if confirmed - punkmetalska please report your router settings.(Another user confirmed)
    6. #100 the app screen filter doesn't turn off soft key lights(workaround- keyboard backlight controller or find posts here to edit init.d or use g-script(instructions post #121) to perm disable)
    7. Post #107 issues changing font or startup/shutdown animations changes not sticking
    8. Post #123 Unable to import backed up bookmarks from gingerbread(post #129 confirms)
    9. Post #125 softbutton(?) lights will turn off if automatic brightness is not set
    10. Post #128 removing lookout anti-virus speeds up response of phone
    11. Post #132 Mutiple posts of system battery reporting 2%+ difference in battery than shown in pulldown bar after battery mod
    12. Post #140 reports wifi disconnecting even though later explains wifi set to always on
    13. Post #143 Reports issues with reg99 error for wifi calling and how it started working(in case it helps anyone)
    14. Post #144 Issues changing features in stock keyboard, unable to choose which video player to use when opened in "mobile view"(stock browser?)
    15. Post#145 reports white htc screen popping up intermittently, other users suggest battery pull helping and eventually it stops(building caches?)
    16. Post #148 Reports issues sending MMS while connected to wifi, earlier post I'm too lazy to find also said this when wifi calling on
    17. Post #150 Setcpu doesn't work, later posts give alternatives
    18. Post #151 Stock messaging app doesn't show contact picture though contacts app does, possible fix in post #152(you'll have to search his posts for that day/time). Post #166 adds this issue and same with facebook and gtalk
    19. Post #153 Reports "Camera "Manual Mode" image adjustment dials are impossible to read." *and* "USB OTG is missing. That is part of the android ics." -- I'm not sure I understand the issue, just reporting it here.
    20. Post #157 Reports battery pull needed after phone would not wake from deep sleep- needs confirmation
    21. Post #159 reports status bar can be pulled down without unlocking phone and slow keyboard(I have experienced this with all keyboard apps at random times)- Possible fix(for keyboard) go to main settings-develop options-background process limit(apps in cache) and set to 1-4, needs confirmation)
    22. Post #160 Picasa pulldown in gallery app does not sync(needs confirm)
    23. Post #163 Video button not working(needs confirm)
    24. Post 193 Users reporting having to do a battery pull after phone has sat unused, confirmed by 1 user.

This is updated 4-28 to post #171, page 18
    Download Keyboard Backlight Controller from the Play Store and it will keep them off even after reboot. :)

I think it feels snappier... But I haven't loaded up all my apps yet either

yeah it has that weird transition effect that makes me feel like its lagging tho. think im gonna turn it off in develop options. in general, everything is running ok over on my end even with 200 apps installed. im getting around 300-400 mb on free ram too :cool:

edit: face unlock is under "security" and works just fine :D
    How the hell do you change the lock screen short cuts with the leaked ICS update for the amaze?!?!?! Driving me mad that I cant figure this out D:

It pissed me off, too. Cuz I somehow got handcent on the lockscreen but couldn't figure out how. Anyways, I googled it and found that the lockscreen shortcuts are your homescreen shortcuts, you can't have them different. So whatever you have as the bottom four on Rosie (with the middle being the all apps) are the four that show up on the lockscreen. It's really stupid of HTC.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
    I just flashed the leaked ICS rom. So far so good, but I have a question. I want to turn of the tactile feedback vibration for the keyboard and I can't seem to find where the option is on ICS. I have turned off the general vibrate feedback under Settings>sound>vibrate feedback. However, this doesn't apply to the keyboard. I know that under GB I was able to turn off the keyboard vibrate feedback but I can seem to find it here...:confused:

any help will be most appreciated.

Settings>Language & Keyboard under the keyboard & input section press the icon next to the keyboard you're using. The icon looks like three small lines with sliding knobs

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium