Reporting a weird GPS bug and weird fix (Spotify 1.2.1 + Running)

Search This thread

illetyus

Aug 27, 2015
Kutahya
Hello to all. I am a running person with offline spotify music.

I dont use Samsung offline music because i am a spotify premium user.

You know, sometimes "while running" you have to take a piss or drink some water.

To do so i always pause my workout by pressing top button on my device.

(music is still playing though)

When i am done, i re-press the pause button to resume my workout.

WHATTT?????!!!

GPS SIGNAL LOST!!!. That ugly orange GPS icon with cross on it appears.

This is a bug because while working out (running), GPS does not lose signal at all. This is not a hardware problem.

When i pause it for "lets say 5 minutes", it loses signal.

(spotify offline music is still playing)

I searched everywhere, have not found a proper solution to this problem. Turns out, or at least what i found is before pausing the workout, if i pause spotify music, my watch can detect GPS right after i resume my running.

I am at TIZEN 4.0.0.2

Firmware: R600XXU1BSB1

Knox : 2.3.0

cvlaros

Jul 5, 2014
I have been experiencing the same problem as you, my friend. It is nice to see at least a partial fix to this stupid problem. Do you experience any other problems with Gear Sport and Spotify?

illetyus

Aug 27, 2015
Kutahya
I have been experiencing the same problem as you, my friend. It is nice to see at least a partial fix to this stupid problem. Do you experience any other problems with Gear Sport and Spotify?

The problem is not fixed. It sometimes helps, sometimes dont. I have some more solutions, one of which worked.

1) Before pausing the workout, stop, dont move for 3 seconds. Then hit pause. Before you start the activity. Stop. For 5 seconds. Then resume. [This partially works. About %80 of the time]

2) Buy Gear Tracker. It is an alternative tracker. Never experienced GPS issue but it uses Strava. I ran 9.23KM with Gear Tracker today. It is just beautiful. So many customization.

3) Never trust spotify. I use Sidify Music Converter. It helps a lot. I deleted spotify. It really sucks on Tizen.

Reactions: cvlaros

Shengshi

Jan 8, 2020
Hi, there is a useful solution that you might as well have a try. That's to make use of a Spotify playlist converter to convert all your favorite Spotify tracks, playlists, albums to local files. In this way, you can listen to Spotify music on other players while using GPS, thereby avoiding the Spotify GPS issue.

Darry00

Dec 2, 2020
Maybe you can try to listen to Spotify music offline on other devices. If so, then you can use Spotify Downloader Mac to convert and download songs from Spotify for offline using. Then you can move Spotify songs to the device you want for listening.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The problem is not fixed. It sometimes helps, sometimes dont. I have some more solutions, one of which worked.

1) Before pausing the workout, stop, dont move for 3 seconds. Then hit pause. Before you start the activity. Stop. For 5 seconds. Then resume. [This partially works. About %80 of the time]

2) Buy Gear Tracker. It is an alternative tracker. Never experienced GPS issue but it uses Strava. I ran 9.23KM with Gear Tracker today. It is just beautiful. So many customization.

3) Never trust spotify. I use Sidify Music Converter. It helps a lot. I deleted spotify. It really sucks on Tizen.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone