[REQ] 2 Different Keyboards Portrait -> Landscape

Search This thread

TheWhiteBandito

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2010
NY/CT
Hey there,
I know I'm a noob on this website, but I'm pretty regular on AndroidForums.com and I lurk on here all the time. Just wondering if there was any way that someone could add the ability to have a different keyboard in portrait than in landscape. I use Swype for portrait, but in landscape it just sucks! It would be awesome if we had the ability to have Swype in portrait and something like the stock keyboard in landscape.

Thanks to all the devs on this website, you guys are awesome! And sorry if this is in the wrong section.

gmonox

Jun 22, 2010
I'd like the same thing, I asked a little over a month ago, but got no response.

Also, your thread will probably be moved to general. Heads up.

Tyler 3

Jul 23, 2010
Would like this feature in roms to.

Just curious tho. How do I download swype? Do i have to go to their website and fill out all the beta applications? I thought it was closed.

jackattack

Jan 26, 2007
With Tasker you can set it up so when you turn the phone on its side it brings up the input method dialog and you can pick from there. When you turn the phone back to normal it asks again. Not the perfect solution but it is quicker than doing it the long way.

TheWhiteBandito

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2010
NY/CT
With Tasker you can set it up so when you turn the phone on its side it brings up the input method dialog and you can pick from there. When you turn the phone back to normal it asks again. Not the perfect solution but it is quicker than doing it the long way.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try this out, but would definitely be awesome for it to be native!

hazard666

Jul 19, 2010
Ohio

Honestly, all that's eliminating is a long click/hold. Not very efficient compared to what the OP suggested. Hopefully someone will be able to get the original idea working.